Sponsored

Would you change you mind if you could reverse your Mustang Purchase?

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Hello everyone!

I have for some time thought about this topic, and even though I probably know the answer since you guys are still here I thought I'd ask! :wink:

We have a few different topics about what we don't like about the S550 and things we wanted different. At the same time we have a lot of topics about small issues which are driving us nuts about the car.
A car can be a piece of shit... but a loved piece of shit :crackup:

So... if you had the chance to reverse the deal on you S550 and get every penny including mods, insurance, road tax etc. back and keep all the knowledge about owning a S550. Would you still be owning a 6th generation Mustang? :question:

In less than a month I will pick up my first (and probably only) Mustang - a MY2020 PP and I'm looking forward to it like a child for Christman morning, but I gotta admit that I fear I will be disappointed in some way if I get the engine tick, dumb panel gaps or something like it. Though I can't see why I shouldn't love it regardless of it :like:
Sponsored

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I'm on my multiple Mustang (around 10-11, started with an 1965)) and while not perfect it's the best bang for the buck I can find. I have tried other brands (last two were BMWs) and went back to a Mustang. Am I happy? You betcha. Is it perfect? No way. But I don't want another brand. And perfect I can't afford, even if I did find one!

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
No regrets here - got mine new for a great price in Nov. '18. It's an Ingot silver 2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, A10, MagneRide, and Safe and Smart. For the money only the Camaro SS compares performance wise (full disclosure: I was a Camaro guy before the '18 GTs), but the Camaro isn't nearly as good looking as mine, is much less user friendly, weird ergos/tiny backseat and trunk, and didn't have near as many safety tech. features as the Mustang. Plus, I like the DOHC Gen 3 Coyote engine a LOT. And did I mention the Mustang looks a LOT better, and is a more iconic nameplate by a long shot. And to get similar performance from a German brand hot coupe (i.e., M4, RS5, AMG C63 S Coupe) you have to pay 10s of thousands more.

That said - the panel gaps on my car are pretty decent and the Premium features are pretty darn great! I don't regret going with the traditional analog gauges - I think they are good looking gauges. Better looking than the digital round gauges of the digital cluster.

For the record, if I didn't have kids in the house, I would have bought a lightly used 2017-2018 Corvette Z06 (since it was late 2018 when I bought). I still want a C7 Z06 even though I love my Mustang. But alas, I have kids that I like to drive around so the Mustang definitely fits the bill more than nicely.

If I had to do it again now or in the near future, I'd definitely go with the Mustang again over the other competitors since my kids are still young. Although, if I was in the market now I might go with a Mach 1 with the handling pack in lieu of the PP1. That thing looks awesome.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Yes. I would go back to my 14 S197. Sorry I ever sold it at this point. Regretted buying an S550 ever since I brought it home. Look forward to finding another 13/14 model I can get back into.
I had a loaded 14 GT/CS. No way I would go back to that with my base 18 GT a10 pp1. This 18 would run circles around that full bolt on 14. Seats sucked.

What is your reasoning? Curious.

Sponsored

L454S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Only had it for a few months, but I have no regrets. It's the wife's primary car, no complaints here.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So far, my answer is no :D. But I only have 1K miles on it, so ask me in a few thousands more, to know if my engine has the freaking 'tick' or not. That's the only known issue that would change my answer :). But my engine sounds great at the moment. I'm changing the oil in the next few days, which will be the first test for the infamous tick. If it doesn't appear on the second oil change around 6K miles, there's a very high likelihood it might never show up on my engine. We'll see.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
After 18 months, no. I'm "in it right", as a salesman would say. It runs great, handles better and sounds good. Having said that, it's no longer my DD. It's the weekend ride, which is fine for me. My DD is the '19 Escape Titanium.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Verdict still out. My 19 GT has been in the shop over a week. Was fun wile I had it but ford has had my car longer then I have. :frown:
Man, that sucks. What's it in for?
Make sure you keep all your paperwork in case your car is a Lemon. You need all that ammo.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Let's see,....would I change my mind? Probably.
I probably would buy the 2020 GT500 if I had to do it all over. (Still thinking about it, actually. But, no ADM or searching half the world over for this guy.)

I was browsing some beautiful slightly used '18/'19 Porsche GT3's last night, but that's waaaayyyy out of my pay grade. One of my dream cars for sure. Lots of drool on my keyboard at the end of the night. lol

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
Went in for a timing chain tensioner TSB but I have little faith in my local ford dealership. I had to send them a video of the timing chain chirping and also send them a copy of the TSB.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
If I could do it over again, I would have ordered one instead of buying off the lot. There are a few options I wish mine had, like factory nav and the reverse sensors.

MargeauxE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Radiant_owl
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost Premium HP engine, Velocity Blue
Man, that sucks. What's it in for?
Make sure you keep all your paperwork in case your car is a Lemon. You need all that ammo.
My 2019 Fusion was a lemon and Ford was gracious buying it back. And that put me in a 2020 Stang!
Sponsored