Sponsored

Are you gonna trade your current mustang in when the s650 comes out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have the 2019 s550 mustang gt. I am already excited to see the new s650. I was a big Mustang fan for years but lost interest in the styling untill this new 18-20 came along. The interiors are in my opinion some of the best ever in a mustang. I dont see how they can improve them much. Ford, again in my opinion, has a habit of taking a great car and then taking it a step backwards in styling and interior with new models. I hope they dont do the same with the s650 by making it over modern and making everything a big screen on the dash like some cars do.

I know of course the power and handling will go up but im not so much worried about that any more like I use to. I want a great interior cause that is where I spend my time. as far as I am concerned the current premium interior is amazing i love it with my 401a. But as always I have to have the new model. I just hope he interior is amazing and they dont go to crazy with the extirior.

what do you think you will do . what would make you trade your current for a new s650 when they come out.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Prediction: S650 won't be all that different from the S550 with the exception of hybrid powertrains, and a 2.7 twin turbo V6. Book it daddy-o.

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
Just got my 2019 certified beginning of this year. Will probably keep it until 2028, then maybe sell it to upgrade. But by then the s750 might be coming out so maybe i'll wait it out.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Prediction: S650 won't be all that different from the S550 with the exception of hybrid powertrains, and a 2.7 twin turbo V6. Book it daddy-o.
You dont think they will change the interior and exterior styling?

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Just got my 2019 certified beginning of this year. Will probably keep it until 2028, then maybe sell it to upgrade. But by then the s750 might be coming out so maybe i'll wait it out.
You might not have any option but a electric car by them LOL

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
A lot depends on the looks drivetrain and the price.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You dont think they will change the interior and exterior styling?
Minor changes here & there. It'll mostly be powertrain. Hold on to your 15-20's.. The last of the greatest (with the nod going to the 15-17 haha).

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
A lot depends on the looks drivetrain and the price.
I mean I know that, that sbasically the choices on any car purcheses. I mean what specifically would you want to see or not? what would get you to buy one or what would get you to pass on one?

Like for me personally IM not a fan of the toggles. They look out of place with the interior and their functions should be on the steering wheel instead of some of the stuff that is. I mean drive modes should be on steering wheel. and heated steering wheel should be on ..well the steering wheel instead of a tiny button on a home screen thats hard to find. paddle sifters that extend a bit higher a oem carbon steering wheel option.. when they say a premium leather interior a actual leather interior. I think right now its still 80% plether. A premium sound system thats actually premium... they cant seem to get that one right ever. Change the front enough that it does not look like angry whale shark..

I love my 550. but if they tweaked the exterior a bit and fixed some placement issues on the interior (my opinion of course) I would buy a 650 right away.

Tell me the front of every gt and eco boost dosent look like this LOL
5d1a31f02516e92a1014446b.jpg
Screenshot_15.jpg

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Tell me the front of every gt and eco boost dosent look like this LOL
You know what McLaren modeled some of their cars after ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I’m waiting on it to trade my 17. I got it right as the first 18’s were coming out because it wasn’t supposed to tick as much as an 18 and not much was known about durability of the redesigned engine and my end goal was to supercharge my 17 in the future. Now I wish I had gone for an 18 since I’m still stock but at this point I might as well wait for the s650 as I’m sure power and handling will improve.

As for what I want. More tech and options. I would like a bigger screen in the car not sure if it can fit though and I’d like to control all the features of the car on it. Somewhat like Dodge has where you can change drl colors from there. Put the exhaust modes, car modes, suspension modes on there. Also more options and stand alone options. If I want the performance package I don’t want to have to give up the black accent package. I’d also like a cruise control system that’s autonomous. The mustang is a great road trip car and I’d like to be able to enjoy the ride even after a long trip so that would help. Also a mid engine platform wouldn’t hurt.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I’m waiting on it to trade my 17. I got it right as the first 18’s were coming out because it wasn’t supposed to tick as much as an 18 and not much was known about durability of the redesigned engine and my end goal was to supercharge my 17 in the future. Now I wish I had gone for an 18 since I’m still stock but at this point I might as well wait for the s650 as I’m sure power and handling will improve.

As for what I want. More tech and options. I would like a bigger screen in the car not sure if it can fit though and I’d like to control all the features of the car on it. Somewhat like Dodge has where you can change drl colors from there. Put the exhaust modes, car modes, suspension modes on there. Also more options and stand alone options. If I want the performance package I don’t want to have to give up the black accent package. I’d also like a cruise control system that’s autonomous. The mustang is a great road trip car and I’d like to be able to enjoy the ride even after a long trip so that would help. Also a mid engine platform wouldn’t hurt.
oh yes also for me is improved "auto pilot" features. Fords current nannies are more then useless. The cruise control works great but the lane keep stuff sucks. it wont hold a lane for anything when you want it too and then it tends to make you look drunk as it floats back and forth and tugs the wheel when you dont want it too. i just dont use the system at all its that bad. IM not after a self driving car but what ford has as helpers is totally useless as is.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
oh yes also for me is improved "auto pilot" features. Fords current nannies are more then useless. The cruise control works great but the lane keep stuff sucks. it wont hold a lane for anything when you want it too and then it tends to make you look drunk as it floats back and forth and tugs the wheel when you dont want it too. i just dont use the system at all its that bad. IM not after a self driving car but what ford has as helpers is totally useless as is.
Exactly I’ve driven two SUV’s one was like the mustang where it goes from side to side but the other had a system where it actually stayed between the two lines. You’re supposed to keep your hands on the steering wheel regardless but at least you don’t have to steer the car. The system was also surprisingly good at detecting curves and steering through them and even worked when the lines on one side of the road were faded.

omelet1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited
So I'm at almost 5 years of ownership with the Mustang and it's such a good design both inside and out that they will be hard pressed to top it when they re-design it. I would hope that they would to a modest exterior update followed by updating the interior and the frame and such.

I personally probably will not. I'll probably keep mine a few more years and then I'll get a different car for a while. That's only bc I'm an auto enthusiast and would want to try different things. The Acura TLX Type S has me very tempted.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.