This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

evh5150vanhalen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Some great video footage from Joe Raiti at Raiti's Rides.

This is the second time (Stangmode said the same) that Jet Fighter Gray is only available on the Handling Package. Either this has changed since the original announcement or they are both incorrect. I guess its possible a Ford Rep could have given incorrect information to them. The original statement was that the Appearance Package (orange calipers/orange seat stripe/orange stripe accents) is only available with Fighter Jet Gray.

I called Raiti’s rides out on that on Facebook and he replied saying that’s what Jim Owens told him yesterday.. which is the opposite of what the press release and what was stated in an interview with REVan Evan in Oklahoma.
Sponsored

evh5150vanhalen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The track pack version is visually superior to the base model. I assume its price point is much higher as well..The track pack is a tremec manual trans only, no 10 speed.
PP2 is $6,500 package ontop of the GT, I would imagine the Handling package will be similar over the base Mach1.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I had the opportunity to speak with Carl Widmann and Jim Owens at the event yesterday and was able to glean some insight into the vehicle. First, the Appearance Package (the orange accents, striping and calipers) is only available in Fighter Jet Gray. The Handling Pack is available in all colors. Also, 480hp/420tq is set in stone. The reason why they went with the Bullitt engine is because this car is going to be made available globally and they did not want to spend the additional development time to meet emissions standards or to certify a new powertrain. There was initial talk of pursuing a Boss program, but that would have required a race program and Carl mentioned that a Boss program would be very specific to North America. The decision was made to pursue the Mach program for global customers. I also spoke to Carl about the lack of a Shaker hood, and I even asked if they considered NACA ducts instead. It all came down to aerodynamics and both the Shaker hood and the NACA ducts created too much lift, so they kept the hood vents from the 2018+ GT.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
PP2 is $6,500 package ontop of the GT, I would imagine the Handling package will be similar over the base Mach1.
I think that's too high considering MagneRide and a number of other PP1 features are standard. All you have is wheels/tires, a larger, unique, higher downforce front splitter, new front wheel lip moldings, a low-gloss Magnetic swing spoiler with a Gurney flap, and rear tire spats. Don't even think we are at PP1 pricing. I'm thinking more on the order of $3k.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
For what it's worth, I have heard differently from a Ford person that the Fighter Jet Gray does not come exclusively with the Handling Package. I believe it was still in discussion from what I understood. If Carl didn't mention it during Carlisle that it is decided, I still am banking on those being separate. In fact, I thought one of the FRAP photos that Twin Turbo posted was of a Fighter Jet Gray non-handling package car.

Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Some great video footage from Joe Raiti at Raiti's Rides.

This is the second time (Stangmode said the same) that Jet Fighter Gray is only available on the Handling Package. Either this has changed since the original announcement or they are both incorrect. I guess its possible a Ford Rep could have given incorrect information to them. The original statement was that the Appearance Package (orange calipers/orange seat stripe/orange stripe accents) is only available with Fighter Jet Gray.

The Fighter Jet Grey only is available with the Appearance Package. The stripes on the APP are orange. You can select the other stripe colored options in the non AP cars separately.

evh5150vanhalen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
For what it's worth, I have heard differently from a Ford person that the Fighter Jet Gray does not come exclusively with the Handling Package. I believe it was still in discussion from what I understood. If Carl didn't mention it during Carlisle that it is decided, I still am banking on those being separate. In fact, I thought one of the FRAP photos that Twin Turbo posted was of a Fighter Jet Gray non-handling package car.
In an interview with REVan Evan on YouTube, Jim Owens around the 15 minute mark says both packages (appearance and handling) can be separated.. which goes with the photos that have appeared online of the non handling package Mach in Jetfighter gray.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In an interview with REVan Evan on YouTube, Jim Owens around the 15 minute mark says both packages (appearance and handling) can be separated.. which goes with the photos that have appeared online of the non handling package Mach in Jetfighter gray.
Hopefully that is not the final word on it. I am planning on a Mach 1 without the handling package but with the appearance package (Fighter Jet Gray and orange accented stripes and Brembos).

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Remember in the one video the day after the reveal the Ford rep stated that those were the only two built cars.

Remember in the one video the day after the reveal the Ford rep stated that those were the only two built cars.

Twin Turbo has been posting shots of newly completed cars in the stockyard, but they were probably built too late to slot into the traveling show. And are probably already earmarked for dealer allotments.
Yes I saw that too, was hoping they made the trip to
Yes, I have seen pics of the Fighter Jet grey on a non handling pack car. There is also a video out there of one of the Ford reps saying that you can get the FJG in both the handling pack and base car. Here's a pic from Carrol Shelby Racing FB page
Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 3.28.34 PM.png

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good point! Yes, this non-Handling Pack Jet Fighter Grey was posted on the Carroll Shelby FB page......and I stole the images :giggle:
21MY Mach 1 TT 2.jpg
21MY Mach 1 TT 3.jpg
21MY Mach 1 TT 4.jpg
21MY Mach 1 TT 5.jpg

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Oh, I thought the Appearance Package included the orange calipers, this was has them too, unless the color is just way off (I thought the "regular" ones were red).

I just worked out and pounded a beer, so I may be off my rocker ... :crackup:

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both Carl and Jim did mention that the order guides have not yet been finalized and things can always change, but both seemed confident that the Appearance Package (orange accents and stripes) will only be available with Fighter Jet Gray. There will be other accent colors available across either the base or Handling Package, but the orange accents and stripes will be exclusive to FJG. So perhaps the photos of the FJG car with the orange calipers is just a production prototype.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both Carl and Jim did mention that the order guides have not yet been finalized and things can always change, but both seemed confident that the Appearance Package (orange accents and stripes) will only be available with Fighter Jet Gray. There will be other accent colors available across either the base or Handling Package, but the orange accents and stripes will be exclusive to FJG. So perhaps the photos of the FJG car with the orange calipers is just a production prototype.
I think that's been a consistent statement about Fighter Jet Gray and the orange. What's not consistent was the mention of those having to be combined with the handling package car only. The one in Carlisle appears to be the same verification prototype that appeared in the media photos.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
I also spoke to Carl about the lack of a Shaker hood, and I even asked if they considered NACA ducts instead. It all came down to aerodynamics and both the Shaker hood and the NACA ducts created too much lift, so they kept the hood vents from the 2018+ GT.
Don't worry, some aftermarket company will come out with an ill fitting hood to ruin the aero.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that's been a consistent statement about Fighter Jet Gray and the orange. What's not consistent was the mention of those having to be combined with the handling package car only. The one in Carlisle appears to be the same verification prototype that appeared in the media photos.
Per Carl and Jim, the Handling Package will be available in every color offered for the Mach 1. And I meant the photos of the non-Handling Pack car with the orange calipers posted above, not the particular vehicle at Carlisle.
Sponsored