Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Errrrr, hood vents? Yep, it has hood vents, just as all '18+ S550s do
it has completely WORTHLESS hood vents for track duty. This was supposed to be a track-ready car.
The modern GT350 slot in the hood should have been the minimum.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Errrrr, hood vents? Yep, it has hood vents, just as all '18+ S550s do.

If you mean a shaker, it's already been explained that to make it functional would have meant a mess of trying to duct air to the actual intake, and it wouldn't have offered any more performance so they didn't do it. Besides, the shaker was never stock on the '69/70, it was always an option.
Either that or he meant something like the '69 Shelbys and '71 Boss 351s had. My assumption was he wanted NACA ducts based on his post.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
The engineer today said a 2 yr run for Mach 1
I really don't understand the hate for the Mach1. GT owners are getting a bit uppity me thinks. I do think the Bullitt was a bit to specific and limited appeal.

But the Mach1 is a bit more known in the Mustang world.

The 03 and 04 Mach1s sold out and sold well.

So I'm wondering if the Mach1 for 2021 is going to be a 2 year or 5 year special edition. If 5 year it does bring us to the new Mustang model...
engineer said today 2 yr model run on Mach 1. I didnt ask about colors.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Can we see some other colors? Are there other colors there or are they still showing the same Fighter Jet Grey and Velocity Blue cars? Love to see it in black.
Remember in the one video the day after the reveal the Ford rep stated that those were the only two built cars.

Twin Turbo has been posting shots of newly completed cars in the stockyard, but they were probably built too late to slot into the traveling show. And are probably already earmarked for dealer allotments.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Liking the front facia but does anyone know what the design thinking was behind the recesses in the grille? Not sure what to call them since they don't appear functional. Just a nod to previous model lights?

Maybe Ford thought they'd put the recesses in there because if they don't the aftermarket will.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Remember in the one video the day after the reveal the Ford rep stated that those were the only two built cars.

Twin Turbo has been posting shots of newly completed cars in the stockyard, but they were probably built too late to slot into the traveling show. And are probably already earmarked for dealer allotments.
I believe the ones I've posted were TT (Tool Trialing.....I think that what the TT stands for!)......so will be, I assume, crushed :crying:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Liking the front facia but does anyone know what the design thinking was behind the recesses in the grille? Not sure what to call them since they don't appear functional. Just a nod to previous model lights?

Maybe Ford thought they'd put the recesses in there because if they don't the aftermarket will.
Like the Boss 302 grille, these "blanks" can be removed for extra cooling :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Some great video footage from Joe Raiti at Raiti's Rides.

This is the second time (Stangmode said the same) that Jet Fighter Gray is only available on the Handling Package. Either this has changed since the original announcement or they are both incorrect. I guess its possible a Ford Rep could have given incorrect information to them. The original statement was that the Appearance Package (orange calipers/orange seat stripe/orange stripe accents) is only available with Fighter Jet Gray.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Well heck, the photos above are the first time I've noticed the two grill intakes/cutouts aren't perfectly around, but flat on the top to follow the grill.

So when you say "orange stripe accents" does that include the hood stripe too? I really want to see a Handling Pack without the Appearance Package (i.e. stripe free), in any color really.

Oh, and is the 480HP still being talked about as "estimated", or have they nailed that down as the official spec yet[?]

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The track pack version is visually superior to the base model. I assume its price point is much higher as well..The track pack is a tremec manual trans only, no 10 speed.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well heck, the photos above are the first time I've noticed the two grill intakes/cutouts aren't perfectly around, but flat on the top to follow the grill.

So when you say "orange stripe accents" does that include the hood stripe too? I really want to see a Handling Pack without the Appearance Package (i.e. stripe free), in any color really.

Oh, and is the 480HP still being talked about as "estimated", or have they nailed that down as the official spec yet[?]
Yep, orange accent stripes on the hood and rockers.

Pretty sure 480hp is set......otherwise there would be costly certification processes to follow (they've already done that for the Bullitt both in the US and rest of the world). And the posters at Carlisle show it as 480hp......no "at least" or "estimated"