Sponsored

Will Trump take ANY blame for a tanked market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
You really think this is just about death numbers?

How many kids are you responsibly raising?
YES. Because if someone comes down with an illness that they rapidly get over, no I'm not going to shut down schools indefinitely over it. We don't do this with any other illness that "some" people die from, but MOST get over and get over quite rapidly. People that are freaking over infection rates have a mission to cause fear and instill the control that fear always allows for. No kids here, which I'm sure makes you very happy. Does not change the above reality one iota though. Listen to what the experts are saying on how these lock downs are negatively affecting children. Don't listen to me. Even though my narrative and there's are quite closely aligned.
Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
You rely on a far right news aggregator for your information - good luck with getting an unbiased opinion there !
If you are pragmatic, you will admit that there IS no source for "unbiased opinion" in the media. Those days are looong gone. Best we can do is gather all the DATA from multiple sources and come to our own logical conclusions. If you have data that contradicts what someone posts, then by all means. Trying to discredit someones post due to where they get their info is weak because one can turn that table in very short order.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Completely missing the point. In general children do not live on their own, they live in families. Young people and children are now suspected in many countries of fuelling the resurgence of the virus by spreading it between themselves asymptomatically and then taking it home to their families and at risk relatives. Children are at much lesser risk of significant illness with COVID but they are big risk for spreading COVID to those who are.
Fair point. Solution, social distance and wear masks when around grandma and skype with anyone who is seriously immune compromised. The solution is NOT keep them in bubbles until maybe someday we develop a vaccine.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
YES. Because if someone comes down with an illness that they rapidly get over, no I'm not going to shut down schools indefinitely over it. We don't do this with any other illness that "some" people die from, but MOST get over and get over quite rapidly.
You are making a dangerous assumption. Unlike the common cold or a moderate case of the flu COVID-19 seems to be piling up the aftereffects. We do not know enough about this virus yet but the preliminary information is that there is a lot of pain between recovery and death. I know this as a fact because I'm living with someone who has "recovered".

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/06/02/covid-health-effects
Listen to what the experts are saying on how these lock downs are negatively affecting children.
This is correct. I have three school age grandchildren who desperately want to go back to school. But the issue is far more than just what the children want. it's the adults in the schools a parent needs to be concerned about. That's a real issue and one that needs to be addressed before any opening can happen.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Fair point. Solution, social distance and wear masks when around grandma and skype with anyone who is seriously immune compromised. The solution is NOT keep them in bubbles until maybe someday we develop a vaccine.
It is a balanced range of measures including all of those things. We need to try to keep kids in school, business going and people safe from transmission which is not easy. There really is going to be a new normal.

The 'at risk' people are not the typical people you would think. Yes immunocompromised people obviously, but race, obesity, diabetes (probably related to obesity) etc are other major factors. This virus acts in a very different way to flu and colds as it causes the immune system to damage all sorts of parts of the body. Deaths are tragic, but they are a small fraction of the number of cases of people who are ill for a long time costing millions. The recovery from COVID when you get it seriously can be very long and incomplete.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
If you are pragmatic, you will admit that there IS no source for "unbiased opinion" in the media. Those days are looong gone. Best we can do is gather all the DATA from multiple sources and come to our own logical conclusions. If you have data that contradicts what someone posts, then by all means. Trying to discredit someones post due to where they get their info is weak because one can turn that table in very short order.
In the medical / scientific world you can get pretty close to it. Papers when published in peer reviewed journals are about as good as you can get. The trouble is reading and understanding them is not always easy as they are not designed for the man in the street without the required knowledge in the specific area. Media then try and use them, but often either misinterpret or only publish the bits that match their political viewpoint. As an example if I read something on Fox or CNN I would then look for the data source they used to see if it was as they said or only a part story. A good example is the the item about HCQ earlier

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study was posted as an example why we should use HCQ

But the actual paper and data is nothing like as clear and has been scientifically criticised as incomplete analysis which could lead to a completely different headline. The failure to look at the impact of dexamethasone - a known proven effective treatment within the data set - means the analysis is incomplete.

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)30534-8/fulltext
https://www.ijidonline.com/action/s...rue&tableId=tbl0015&pii=S1201-9712(20)30534-8

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
In the medical / scientific world you can get pretty close to it. Papers when published in peer reviewed journals are about as good as you can get. The trouble is reading and understanding them is not always easy as they are not designed for the man in the street without the required knowledge in the specific area. Media then try and use them, but often either misinterpret or only publish the bits that match their political viewpoint. As an example if I read something on Fox or CNN I would then look for the data source they used to see if it was as they said or only a part story. A good example is the the item about HCQ earlier

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study was posted as an example why we should use HCQ

But the actual paper and data is nothing like as clear and has been scientifically criticised as incomplete analysis which could lead to a completely different headline. The failure to look at the impact of dexamethasone - a known proven effective treatment within the data set - means the analysis is incomplete.

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)30534-8/fulltext
https://www.ijidonline.com/action/s...rue&tableId=tbl0015&pii=S1201-9712(20)30534-8
Agree, minus the Lancet, which has totally gone to shiznit.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
YES. Because if someone comes down with an illness that they rapidly get over, no I'm not going to shut down schools indefinitely over it. We don't do this with any other illness that "some" people die from, but MOST get over and get over quite rapidly. People that are freaking over infection rates have a mission to cause fear and instill the control that fear always allows for. No kids here, which I'm sure makes you very happy. Does not change the above reality one iota though. Listen to what the experts are saying on how these lock downs are negatively affecting children. Don't listen to me. Even though my narrative and there's are quite closely aligned.
How many kids are you a responsible father to?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Reading is fundamental. Your answer is in the thread you just quoted.
Just wanted to confirm :)
But let me guess you google “parenting” and now your the expert too
Never been to the moon... but I googled it....so I’m an expert in lunar transportation.
Can fault you for not knowing anything about a subject you have no experience with. I can fault you for ignorantly telling others what it’s like to be on the moon when you haven’t been there.
Your smarter than everyone else...I see

Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to confirm :)
But let me guess you google “parenting” and now your the expert too
Never been to the moon... but I googled it....so I’m an expert in lunar transportation.
Can fault you for not knowing anything about a subject you have no experience with. I can fault you for ignorantly telling others what it’s like to be on the moon when you haven’t been there.
Your smarter than everyone else...I see
You don't have to be an Astronaut to reiterate what all the Astronauts are saying on a subject they are highly qualified to discuss. The experts are indeed saying it is critical that kids get back to school and that they are for the very most part not being harmed by this virus. You probably don't have a Masters Degree in being a douche and yet you appear to be quite the expert.

Last edited:

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don't have to be an Astronaut to reiterate what all the Astronauts are saying on a subject they are highly qualified to discuss. The experts are indeed saying it is critical that kids get back to school and that they are for the very most part not being harmed by this virus. You probably don't have a Masters Degree in being a douch and yet you appear to be quite the expert.
The expert strikes again

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
You don't have to be an Astronaut to reiterate what all the Astronauts are saying on a subject they are highly qualified to discuss. The experts are indeed saying it is critical that kids get back to school and that they are for the very most part not being harmed by this virus. You probably don't have a Masters Degree in being a douch and yet you appear to be quite the expert.
This was explained just above your post.

In general children do not live on their own, they live in families. Young people and children are now suspected in many countries of fuelling the resurgence of the virus by spreading it between themselves asymptomatically and then taking it home to their families and at risk relatives. Children are at much lesser risk of significant illness with COVID but they are big risk for spreading COVID to those who are.
I agree children need to go to school but it is a risk factor for the spread of COVID and needs to be part of a fully coordinated plan. Kids at school will increase the R number and this needs to be balanced out by other measures. So for example if the kids go back to school maybe restaurants will need to close or bars. Everybody has a reason why there part of normal life should return to normal but you can't just view things in isolation you have to consider the bigger picture.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
This was explained just above your post.

I agree children need to go to school but it is a risk factor for the spread of COVID and needs to be part of a fully coordinated plan. Kids at school will increase the R number and this needs to be balanced out by other measures. So for example if the kids go back to school maybe restaurants will need to close or bars. Everybody has a reason why there part of normal life should return to normal but you can't just view things in isolation you have to consider the bigger picture.

So you think stopping children from going to bars and forcing them back into schools is the way to go, sounds good to me.

There are 104 MILLION Americans under 24 years of age. 16 of them died of something related too or blamed on the Corona virus or Flu because the CDC combines them in most cases.

The super deadly corona virus gives them a .00000075% chance of dying. Getting struck by lightning has more than TWICE as the risk of death.

Meanwhile murder killed 4,153 people under 24 years old.

Preventable accidents of all types will kill 15,864 people under 24 this year.

Over 2,000 people under 24 will drown this year.

90 people under 20 will die from bicycle wrecks.

Literally everything else is far more dangerous than Covid-19 for people under 24 years old and we still have to cancel school for a decade maybe more. As my father said,"you people are idiots."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...n-don-t-spread-coronavirus-french-study-shows

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-06-schools-evidence-kids-coronavirus.html

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/07/200710100934.htm
Children rarely transmit COVID-19, doctors write in new commentary
Schools can reopen in fall, they say, if safety guidelines are observed and community transmission is low

As always science says one thing and leftists/marxist media outlets attack science and push their political narrative to try and defeat Trump. Once studies are released, the New York times says the opposite of science to push the leftist agenda, as always.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/18/health/coronavirus-children-schools.html

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
So you think stopping children from going to bars and forcing them back into schools is the way to go, sounds good to me.

There are 104 MILLION Americans under 24 years of age. 16 of them died of something related too or blamed on the Corona virus or Flu because the CDC combines them in most cases.

The super deadly corona virus gives them a .00000075% chance of dying. Getting struck by lightning has more than TWICE as the risk of death.

Meanwhile murder killed 4,153 people under 24 years old.

Preventable accidents of all types will kill 15,864 people under 24 this year.

Over 2,000 people under 24 will drown this year.

90 people under 20 will die from bicycle wrecks.

Literally everything else is far more dangerous than Covid-19 for people under 24 years old and we still have to cancel school for a decade maybe more. As my father said,"you people are idiots."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...n-don-t-spread-coronavirus-french-study-shows

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-06-schools-evidence-kids-coronavirus.html

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/07/200710100934.htm
Children rarely transmit COVID-19, doctors write in new commentary
Schools can reopen in fall, they say, if safety guidelines are observed and community transmission is low

As always science says one thing and leftists/marxist media outlets attack science and push their political narrative to try and defeat Trump. Once studies are released, the New York times says the opposite of science to push the leftist agenda, as always.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/18/health/coronavirus-children-schools.html
Do you ever read the links you post !

Pointless trying to have a sensible discussion with such a closed mind.

Enjoy your world, one day you may join the rest of us in the real one.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.