Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It's because Ford thinks they can get away with crap like that all in the name of being retro :). Hope owners let them have it for doing $hit like that.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This car is a step backwards.
If this is a step backwards and the upcoming Mustang Mach E is a step forwards, I want to know how to get Ford to walk or jog back even more.

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
If this is a step backwards and the upcoming Mustang Mach E is a step forwards, I want to know how to get Ford to walk or jog back even more.
Quite true. There's a reason why Ford isn't releasing the performance numbers yet (for the handling pack car) for the 2021 Mach 1. When they do, I think people will be quite impressed with just how much Ford has developed this vehicle.
Nothing wrong with a parts bin car as long as it's the right parts, and in this case, it is.

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Ahhh I get you, they look pretty similar to the GT350 front turn signals, maybe another carry over?
It's because Ford thinks they can get away with crap like that all in the name of being retro :). Hope owners let them have it for doing $hit like that.
They did the same thing with the GT500. Brand new car, old lights. Now that's a step backwards.
I can't think of a good reason not to use the already available LED lights.

Sponsored

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
It's so odd to me the regular Mustang has had LED lower lights since 2018 yet they went with the older incandescent bulb reflectors on this.
I think this is the same as the GT350 front from a DOT standpoint so it doesn’t need to be re-certified. They could’ve thrown LED bulbs in, but there’s complicated formulas that go into what needs to be re-certified or not. And they would run into the same issues with EU certification as well.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
we need one with the car on it's side and all the plastic underpanels removed or in cut-away.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Will the Mach 1 with the handling package only come in the fighter jet gray?
no. Fighter Jet is an Appearance package feature. Has no interaction with Handling.
The only (currently known) artificially prohibited combo is A10+handling.

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Can we see some other colors? Are there other colors there or are they still showing the same Fighter Jet Grey and Velocity Blue cars? Love to see it in black.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm wondering what the height is from the ground to the splitter on the handling package one. Hoping I won't scrape it on my driveway with a hump even at an angle. My current 17 GT doesn't and I'm lowered about an inch on BMR handling springs, but the Mach 1 seems fairly low as is.
Sponsored