Installed power seat on 2016 V/6 -Got air bag light

Jonk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v/6 Convert
I installed ( the passenger power seat frame) with power by by tapping the power and ground off the drivers power seat and attached those wires to the new power seat passenger harness. Seat works perfect, now finally my wife has more of a view than the dash( we are both height inhibited) Got the darn air bag light. Used my cheap scanner no codes. Went to my local mechanic and he used his very expensive (15 grand) scanner and couldn't resolve it either. He even disconnected my wiring to the passenger seat and it made no difference. So I unplugged all and hooked up the manual seat wiring harness and no change.. I have spent 1/2 a day using google and have watched a lot of vids that don't apply in any practical sense. Oh yeah I installed my lower seat cushion on the passenger power seat frame Any ideas out there??
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jonk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v/6 Convert
Hi Cobra Jet --Thank you for the video. It was very informative, but I want the airbag to work and not by pass it since my seat is a factory seat and I still want the protection. Os stilllneed some help.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
There are a lot of components involved with the restraint system.

I assume, you did not touch the seat belt buckle?
What about the seat position sensor?
What about the occupant classification sensor (is someone sitting on that seat)?
What about the airbag connector?
Is the seat from a convertible as well? Coupe and convertible have different seat airbags.

Just guessing...

OP
OP

Jonk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v/6 Convert
There are a lot of components involved with the restraint system.

I assume, you did not touch the seat belt buckle?
What about the seat position sensor?
What about the occupant classification sensor (is someone sitting on that seat)?
What about the airbag connector?
Is the seat from a convertible as well? Coupe and convertible have different seat airbags.

Just guessing...
Hi Falk3, Thank you for your input. The seat cushion and back are original to the car. The only thing changed out was the power seat frame. My original seat being attached to that frame. It was essentially plug and play and all i added was power to the seat motors. Tried with or without someone in the seat and when the seat is occupied the seat belt light works and shuts off as normal.

Sponsored

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Hi Falk3, Thank you for your input. The seat cushion and back are original to the car. The only thing changed out was the power seat frame. My original seat being attached to that frame. It was essentially plug and play and all i added was power to the seat motors. Tried with or without someone in the seat and when the seat is occupied the seat belt light works and shuts off as normal.
Hello Jon,
Ok, then what about the seat position sensor?
And maybe just double check all connectors again. I had some issues with the knee airbags. Reconnecting the connectors helped.

OP
OP

Jonk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v/6 Convert
Hello Jon,
Ok, then what about the seat position sensor?
And maybe just double check all connectors again. I had some issues with the knee airbags. Reconnecting the connectors helped.
Hi again, all the sensors were plug and play. I wouldn't know which one is the seat position sensor . I also did a test with the original seat frame by plugging it back in.and no change. The light was still on. Thank you again for your brainstorming
Sponsored