Sponsored

Where's the best place to get a gt350 (r) or gt500 spoiler?

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I keep seeing a wide variety of pricing, and what i assume quality, of spoilers all over the internet. I don't feel that carbon fiber would go with my car, so i'm looking for gloss black. I do like the R spoiler, but do not want to mess with covering the existing holes on my deck lid. That leaves me to a gt500 spoiler. Does anyone know if this is a straight swap to a 2017 gt350? If so, where's the best place to get one? I don't want one that will snap in two at 50mph, but i also don't want to pay more than i paid for a my car for one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sounds like you want your cake and want to eat it too. Unfortunately, you are in a unique class of car. If you’re not willing to deal with filling the holes in the trunk to do the job right, the R wing is off the table. The “swing” from the later 350 & 500 will bolt right on in place of the typical spoiler. If you want black, your options (for aftermarket) are pretty much getting a quality carbon fiber piece and painting it black or a cheaper eBay fiberglass piece. Unfortunately, I have never seen a ‘middle ground’ piece for our car. It’s either Target or Luis Vouitton, with either Anderson or SpeedKore for the two best options.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 swing spoiler off my 350 that I am looking to sell. PM me if interested....

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
If cost is an issue and you want to use the OEM holes, there is always the trick I did.

Build it Yourself!

Hear me out now... the results made people speechless. I'd ask what they thought, and they would just shake their head like the they couldn't find the words to describe it.
I did not need to make one for the Shelby, because I have a '19 and it has the "swing"... like the one Lorne is offering to sell you. You should get it. (10% referral fee Lorne?)
I did not want to pay the outrageous price for a GT4 spoiler, and have to drill holes in the deck lid. So I headed to the shop.

wing.jpg

I'm a hobby wood worker and I figured this is still do-able.
Hear me out now... the vertical supports are hard maple to handle the aerodynamic wind load which will apply torque to the base of the supports.
The modulus of elasticity/poisons ratio/radius of gyration were all taken from Roark's handbook for the structural calculations. Mohr's circle calculations even verified the principle stresses.
The wing is laminated hard maple, but only 13/64" thick... not yet competing with carbon fiber for strength to weight ratio, but dollar per board foot ratio, I have this race dominated!
I'm not yet equipped to make these jaw dropping wings for others, since I have not yet road tested this engineering cost-saving marvel at the 718's top speed.
These can be stained OR painted... think of the possibilities!
This is the selling point if I go commercial... cost: $12.38.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
plan on about 9 thousand dollars for a GT350R wing or about 17 thousand dollars for a GT500 wing.

Aftermarket will be less.

Carbon fiber isn't looking so good anymore I bet.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
oh, and both are wings

OP
OP
526 HRSE

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
If cost is an issue and you want to use the OEM holes, there is always the trick I did.

Build it Yourself!

Hear me out now... the results made people speechless. I'd ask what they thought, and they would just shake their head like the they couldn't find the words to describe it.
I did not need to make one for the Shelby, because I have a '19 and it has the "swing"... like the one Lorne is offering to sell you. You should get it. (10% referral fee Lorne?)
I did not want to pay the outrageous price for a GT4 spoiler, and have to drill holes in the deck lid. So I headed to the shop.

wing.jpg

I'm a hobby wood worker and I figured this is still do-able.
Hear me out now... the vertical supports are hard maple to handle the aerodynamic wind load which will apply torque to the base of the supports.
The modulus of elasticity/poisons ratio/radius of gyration were all taken from Roark's handbook for the structural calculations. Mohr's circle calculations even verified the principle stresses.
The wing is laminated hard maple, but only 13/64" thick... not yet competing with carbon fiber for strength to weight ratio, but dollar per board foot ratio, I have this race dominated!
I'm not yet equipped to make these jaw dropping wings for others, since I have not yet road tested this engineering cost-saving marvel at the 718's top speed.
These can be stained OR painted... think of the possibilities!
This is the selling point if I go commercial... cost: $12.38.
What type of stain sheen would you go? Satin for the silky smooth look, or gloss for track dominance? PM'ing for cut out sheet. lol

OP
OP
526 HRSE

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
plan on about 9 thousand dollars for a GT350R wing or about 17 thousand dollars for a GT500 wing.

Aftermarket will be less.

Carbon fiber isn't looking so good anymore I bet.
Nope, i think Maple is the way to go. lol

Sponsored

KENS550TX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 350 / '22 Bronco
I keep seeing a wide variety of pricing, and what i assume quality, of spoilers all over the internet. I don't feel that carbon fiber would go with my car, so i'm looking for gloss black. I do like the R spoiler, but do not want to mess with covering the existing holes on my deck lid. That leaves me to a gt500 spoiler. Does anyone know if this is a straight swap to a 2017 gt350? If so, where's the best place to get one? I don't want one that will snap in two at 50mph, but i also don't want to pay more than i paid for a my car for one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
526 HRSC try checking out www.fcoemparts.com They have the spoiler KR3Z-6344210-AA for $937.98 and the Gurney Flap KR3Z-6344210-AB for $377.04. The spoiler comes on the '19 + '20 GT350 non-R as stock and the GT500 non-carbon package. The Gurney Flab is part of the handling package. They are both gloss black. Hope this helps!!!
Sponsored