Sponsored

DO THEY WRAP THE CARS BEFORE THEY GO ON THE TRAIN???

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I was just wondering if anyone knows how these cars are prepared before they actually get put on the train?? Do they wrap them up nice and tight??? My car is at the final destination but because of the COVID thing I was told it could sit in the RAILROAD YARD easily 2 to 3 weeks. Now I live in the midwest where the weather can be anything from "LARGE HAIL to 60 MPH WINDS and everything in between". I have been told by the dealer that they cannot go get the car as they have to just wait it out for the semi driver to show up at the dealership. I was also told that the dealer has had many cars sitting there ( Rangers, F-150's & others) in that railroad yard for sometimes well over 2 to 3 weeks. Pretty frustrating to say the least. You wait 13 months for this car and then God knows here comes the "Mother of all Hail Storms". I hope NOT.
Sponsored

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
I was just wondering if anyone knows how these cars are prepared before they actually get put on the train?? Do they wrap them up nice and tight??? My car is at the final destination but because of the COVID thing I was told it could sit in the RAILROAD YARD easily 2 to 3 weeks. Now I live in the midwest where the weather can be anything from "LARGE HAIL to 60 MPH WINDS and everything in between". I have been told by the dealer that they cannot go get the car as they have to just wait it out for the semi driver to show up at the dealership. I was also told that the dealer has had many cars sitting there ( Rangers, F-150's & others) in that railroad yard for sometimes well over 2 to 3 weeks. Pretty frustrating to say the least. You wait 13 months for this car and then God knows here comes the "Mother of all Hail Storms". I hope NOT.
No wrap of any kind, a Focus, F-150, a Mustang, and a Shelby all get the same treatment/exposure.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Better than nothing but I was meaning something more like this.

28E4E24D-9D2E-48FF-9F18-E9014D5294AF.jpeg
The only exterior differences between a CFTP and a regular Mustang are the wing and the wheels. And some have expensive stripes. Nothing else is special. Why bother? :sunglasses:

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
The only exterior differences between a CFTP and a regular Mustang are the wing and the wheels. And some have expensive stripes. Nothing else is special. Why bother? :sunglasses:
Because customer service should come first when you are selling $100,000 cars, my opinion anyway, I know I would be unhappy with some of the paint and body work I have seen on this forum on some of the new gt500s. I donā€™t have anywhere near that much money to spend on a car so itā€™s just my opinion. I get itā€™s a mustang, but itā€™s a special mustang.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I know I would be unhappy with some of the paint and body work I have seen on this forum on some of the new gt500s
Unhappy how? As a Ford enthusiast who has been waiting over a year for his car to be delivered? Or unhappy as if you were actually buying one and you had genuine concern for how your car will be shipped? Or unhappy as someone who compares the GM delivery process to the mustang and wants to start a bunch of discussion?

I know Chuck. I know what he has been through. He has a car he has worked hard to obtain (believe me I know). He is an enthusiast here who has a sincere interest in something that he has worked very hard for. And then there is you.

@ChuckXX , you will be fine. Your story is one that I will never forget.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Unhappy how? As a Ford enthusiast who has been waiting over a year for his car to be delivered? Or unhappy as if you were actually buying one and you had genuine concern for how your car will be shipped? Or unhappy as someone who compares the GM delivery process to the mustang and wants to start a bunch of discussion?

I know Chuck. I know what he has been through. He has a car he has worked hard to obtain (believe me I know). He is an enthusiast here who has a sincere interest in something that he has worked very hard for. And then there is you.

@ChuckXX , you will be fine. Your story is one that I will never forget.
Unhappy that I paid one hundred thousand dollars and got a damaged car, I donā€™t know the op story but I would be happy to know. I wasnā€™t trying to start a bunch of discussion on GM or anything of the kind, I stated my opinion and that is all.

I am sorry about the amount of time it has taken for you to get your car, then again not everyone has 3 gt500Rs to drive in the meantime.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
^^^ His car isn't damaged. Its being shipped. His concerns were stated. If I were him, I would have the GM of the dealer do whatever he had to do to get the car out of the rail yard.

My car has nothing to do with this discussion.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
^^^ His car isn't damaged. Its being shipped. His concerns were stated. If I were him, I would have the GM of the dealer do whatever he had to do to get the car out of the rail yard.

My car has nothing to do with this discussion.
THANK YOU TOM FOR CHIMING IN. I did talk to the "owner" yesterday at the dealership. He then turned around and called the "Dispatcher of the Trucking Company" that will be picking up the car. The dispatcher told the dealership owner that they will mark my car as "HOT" which I guess is a trucking term to get that $100K car picked up before something bad happens. I just gotta say that I truly love about 99% of you guys on this site. I will just say that "I've been to Hell and Back again to get the car the way I wanted it". I'll just leave it at that other than saying my car has been on order now for 13 months. Long wait but its getting close now. PS My only "Humble Suggestion" to FORD would be to just charge an extra $250 and put a thick cover over the car. I doubt seriously that anyone would complain about that small sum.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
THANK YOU TOM FOR CHIMING IN. I did talk to the "owner" yesterday at the dealership. He then turned around and called the "Dispatcher of the Trucking Company" that will be picking up the car. The dispatcher told the dealership owner that they will mark my car as "HOT" which I guess is a trucking term to get that $100K car picked up before something bad happens. I just gotta say that I truly love about 99% of you guys on this site. I will just say that "I've been to Hell and Back again to get the car the way I wanted it". I'll just leave it at that other than saying my car has been on order now for 13 months. Long wait but its getting close now. PS My only "Humble Suggestion" to FORD would be to just charge an extra $250 and put a thick cover over the car. I doubt seriously that anyone would complain about that small sum.
Dealerships can get things done if they want to. Your car is indeed special and I am happy to see you get the attention you deserve.
Sponsored