Dodge is killing it for 2021 Redeye vs GT500

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It is quite a nice feature, although most new autos have this. The 8speed in my 2SS did this too but nowhere near as fast.
Your previous Camaro dropped like 2 gears if you held the (-) paddle?!?!
I thought only DCT cars did this? Wow, that's impressive.
If you held down the (-) paddle, it would shift 2 or 3 gears down, but still stay in the powerband?

That is a killer feature on the Hellcat. Too bad the Mustang is not set up to hold the (-) paddle down to drop to lowest appropriate gear to roll race.
I wish our cars did that as well!
Hold the (-) paddle till it drops to the lowest gear, to stay in the powerband and away you go!!! lol

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Your previous Camaro dropped like 2 gears if you held the (-) paddle?!?!
I thought only DCT cars did this? Wow, that's impressive.
If you held down the (-) paddle, it would shift 2 or 3 gears down, but still stay in the powerband?
Yes sir it did, as far as I can recall it would drop as many gears as it could to the lower possible, like 7 to 3 if circumstances were right. It was quite clunky though so I rarely used the feature. My favorite thing to do in that car was downshift from 5 to 3 with two quick clicks of the paddle, it would sort of do a double down shift which made the exhaust in track bark like a rottweiler. It wasn't fast enough like the Shelby's DCT to drop down individually which sounds even better of course.

I picked up my loaded 2SS back in 2017 for like 38k, off from around 46k MSRP. Probably the best new sports car bargain that exists. Only thing it didn't have was mag ride, and no sunroof since that's not my thing.

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yes sir it did, as far as I can recall it would drop as many gears as it could to the lower possible, like 7 to 3 if circumstances were right. It was quite clunky though so I rarely used the feature. My favorite thing to do in that car was double downshift from 5 to 3 with two quick clicks of the paddle, it would sort of do a double down shift which made the exhaust in track bark like a rottweiler. It wasn't fast enough like the Shelby's DCT to drop down individually which sounds even better of course.

I picked up my loaded 2SS back in 2017 for like 38k, off from around 46k MSRP. Probably the best new sports car bargain that exists. Only thing it didn't have was mag ride, and no sunroof since that's not my thing.
Wow, that's pretty awesome. I wish our 10R80's did that!

Yeah,......no sunroof for me either. lol

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Wow, that's pretty awesome. I wish our 10R80's did that!

Yeah,......no sunroof for me either. lol
Other than that how would you say that 10 speed is? I know a guy looking to get into a new A10 GT Premium. Smoothness, responsiveness, that sorta thing. I've heard good things about it in the ZL1 besides the paddle lag, which was a problem in the A8 corvettes as well.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Other than that how would you say that 10 speed is? I know a guy looking to get into a new A10 GT Premium. Smoothness, responsiveness, that sorta thing. I've heard good things about it in the ZL1 besides the paddle lag, which was a problem in the A8 corvettes as well.
The A10, I guess who you ask. lol

Some people have gripes about it, I have no gripes about it. I usually just drive it in Normal mode with traction control off, but once in a while I do the Sport mode with traction control off and it's pretty vicious.
I also have the 3.73 gears as well, so not sure if that factors into the shifting/quickness of gears changing. It shifts fast and hard and almost too aggressive when at a stop sign/red light. I usually wait till I hit the highways for the Sport mode.
I haven't played with the paddles yet. I only have 1,180 miles on my car so far.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
"borderline obnoxious" sums it up - wrt 'sport' mode. Except I would put the needle into the obnoxious quadrant. The same behavior is evident in the 4600lb F150 where the extra weight and wheelbase masks it a bit better but still unnecessary. I guess Ford thought they were trying to win over people by duplicating the rotten A5/6 of yesteryear. The downshifts should be utterly seamless like a good driver can do with stick and rev matching. Or if you're a 2-wheeler what any good rider can do with the Reg Pridmore method of clutch and throttle coordination. But they are not. They are instead jarring and abrupt.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Not sure why people think its a drivers race. A race is a race, gt500 puts power down much better than mopar on street tires, and the 60-130 of gt500s kills even demons on pumpgas (since stock for stock is the question).

Demons do mid to high 7s, gt500s do high 6 low 7s.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Not sure why people think its a drivers race. A race is a race, gt500 puts power down much better than mopar on street tires, and the 60-130 of gt500s kills even demons on pumpgas (since stock for stock is the question).

Demons do mid to high 7s, gt500s do high 6 low 7s.
I think in street settings is the question. But we all know that’s a different thread, I agree that the GT500 is faster than the redeye 60-130 I agree because it’s reality, just like how the demon crate is, ok forget it haha. Now 20 to 120 if the redeye hooks it’s gonna be close. DCT is just plain super from a roll.

I found some more evidence on how the demon crate is stock the other day but I won’t bother bringing it up on here. Unless I’m trolled into it haha.

What’s your plans for your GT500 in the future?

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Well looks like @VARedEye and I are going to have to set the record straight
upload_2020-7-15_19-9-14.gif
. The race is on we will update you when we can share the whole truth and nothing but the whole truth
upload_2020-7-15_19-9-14.gif
. This is a posting by me over on the Hellcat Forum.
https://www.hellcatforum.org/thread...my-own-lol-gt500-roll-race-beats-the-re.6539/
That's awesome man.
I still think the GT500 is going to take the majority of the races as long as both cars are completely stock.
Good luck and keep us posted.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
That's awesome man.
I still think the GT500 is going to take the majority of the races as long as both cars are completely stock.
Good luck and keep us posted.
"Racing" as in street racing. The Redeye still beats the GT500 on the drag strip from what I have seen and heard.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
"Racing" as in street racing. The Redeye still beats the GT500 on the drag strip from what I have seen and heard.
Correct.
If a Redeye had drag radials and 3.09 gears it will win 9 times out of ten against the GT500 on the drag strip. (If it has decent prep anyway)
If the Redeye has 2.62 gears it is much more of a drivers race.
Again, talking drag strip here.
Roll racing, the GT500 has the advantage.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Correct.
If a Redeye had drag radials and 3.09 gears it will win 9 times out of ten against the GT500 on the drag strip. (If it has decent prep anyway)
If the Redeye has 2.62 gears it is much more of a drivers race.
Again, talking drag strip here.
Roll racing, the GT500 has the advantage.
What difference do the gear ratios make? Also, do you think the Charger Redeye or the new Challenger Super stock could take the GT500 in a roll, since they are a little faster than the Challenger Redeye.