Sponsored

Took delivery of a new 2019 gt350r last night. Here's how it showed up...

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
As a former lot porter/detailer for a big ford dealership, None of this surprises me. I can already tell you someone took one of those wooden broom brushes, which was likely heavily soiled from scrubbing dozens of base model Focus/Fiesta hubcaps, to those wheels. As far are the shammies used to dry cars? We didnt throw them away until they were black/ripped up and i lost count how many times in 1 day someone tossed the shammy back into the bucket from 10 ft away and completely missed the bucket.

As for the guy referencing Mexicans(which i assume by the "not speaking english/maid service", Those are the guys you'd rather trust with your car if you had to take it to the dealer. Alot of them have been there for years and actually know what they are doing and do respect your cars(as a dealership detailer anyways). The problem with our detailing department was the teenager kids. Every major incident came from them in my time there.
Sponsored

Pparana

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
pretty spot on, kids dont give a sht about that job older ppl working it probably need the job. I just ordered a hep r and said have it fueled and oil and bat charged and dont even take a sticker off of it or wash off the transport dust

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I've seen plenty of Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes, Audis, etc. have swirls like this. While not as bad as OP's car, here's an example of one of Porsche's halo cars being delivered while still wrapped. Plenty of paint issues:

So many forget this is a 25k Mustang with hot rod parts on it. Does it suck? Hell yeah. Is it surprising or abnormal? Not even in the slightest. Not only that, but it's likely not even permanent. A bit of detailing work and it'll look perfect.
25k or not, the car was purchased new and should be delivered to buyer as such. I wondered if your car was like OP’s in the time of purchase?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
25k or not, the car was purchased new and should be delivered to buyer as such. I wondered if your car was like OP’s in the time of purchase?
Mine was never touched by the dealer. Since I custom ordered, I asked them not to touch it until I got there. I then did the PDI with the master tech. They thought I was crazy, but they were great and worked with me.

I used to be really anal with it. Did a full 20 hour detail on it when I first got it, ceramic coat, wiped it down after most drives, etc. These days I'm a quite a bit more casual with it given its use :)

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I hear you. But if my car was delivered like OPs, I'll be heartbroken. And I'll be over that dealership like no more tomorrow.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I hear you. But if my car was delivered like OPs, I'll be heartbroken. And I'll be over that dealership like no more tomorrow.
I still don't really get the issue. It's getting detailed and will look great when done.

The car was at a small town dealer...it's pretty standard. My dads car was stored in a barn-like place in ND and was in similar condition minus the wheel swirls. Detail and it was fixed.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I still don't really get the issue. It's getting detailed and will look great when done.

The car was at a small town dealer...it's pretty standard. My dads car was stored in a barn-like place in ND and was in similar condition minus the wheel swirls. Detail and it was fixed.
To me it's different when you paying for brand new car with your hard earned money and the car is delivered with scratches and peeled paint. You can't fix it with detailing. Note front splitter. Somebody hit something on the road pretty hard. The car was driven one mile hard. And who knows how this one mile affects engine break-in period?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
To me it's different when you paying for brand new car with your hard earned money and the car is delivered with scratches and peeled paint. You can't fix it with detailing. Note front splitter. Somebody hit something on the road pretty hard. The car was driven one mile hard. And who knows how this one mile affects engine break-in period?
Where's the peeling paint? I missed that.

As for the splitter, I've done that much damage to mine accidentally hitting it with a ratchet straps when tiring down in the trailer. T

extra mile on the clock doesn't mean much. Dealers aren't down to the tenth specific on mile disclosure in my experience. Very possible it got an extra lap at Flat Rock during QA. I've seen it done. Could've been driven hard, could have been puttered around the block. Who knows. But at the moment, it's all speculation.

Unless I missed it, the car showed up dirty but otherwise in pretty standard condition for a dealer-prepped delivery - especially for a small town dealer that doesn't have an on-site body shop or used to dealing with VIP cars.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I think we living on the different planets then.
peeled paint.jpg

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Isn't that the middle of the stripe where there's no vinyl?
Regardless what it is, the damage is done and it will not be fixed with detailing.

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black

The issue is why should any owner have to fork out more money to fix a BRAND NEW paint job that shouldn't have been F'd to begin with. Everyone has their standards on what is acceptable as far as defects, scratches on a new vehicle. But a 70K + Shelby should not be swirled to hell and any owner shouldn't have to pay thousands to get it detailed in order to make it look like it should have looked to begin with.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The issue is why should any owner have to fork out more money to fix a BRAND NEW paint job that shouldn't have been F'd to begin with. Everyone has their standards on what is acceptable as far as defects, scratches on a new vehicle. But a 70K + Shelby should not be swirled to hell and any owner shouldn't have to pay thousands to get it detailed in order to make it look like it should have looked to begin with.
Paying thousands??:giggle:

Maybe I am missing something here but has not the GM of the selling dealership offered to make this right by picking up the cost of a paint correction?
:sunglasses:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I just a Brand new Mustang GT premium with PP1. After a number of photos and video of the car I drove to the dealership (400 miles) to pick up. Zero issue for me, perfect not even a swirl mark. If that GT350 was brand new that is absolutely unexceptable, looks like it was severely abused. I would demand another like car or return. Repaints never look the same and never hold up like an OEM paint and no future owner will want a repainted sports car. That dealer knew exactly what the condition of that car was prior to the sale. Was the price to good to be true?, did he disclose these issues? Good luck.
Sponsored