Sponsored

EU Mach 1 Speculation

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Why do you think it will not get those parts in europe?
so unlikely to get the coolers, torsen diff and the Tremec gearbox either. essentially its a Bullitt (MT82 or A10) with a different badge and paint job. no Handling Pack outside north america.
Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Why do you think it will not get those parts in europe?
The gt with performance pack and the bullitt didn’t get the Torsen diff. We got the basic spec (cheap) 3.55 lsd.
Why would ford give us the expensive hidden parts that don’t sell cars when it has been proven they can get away with giving us the base part as long as we think we are getting the real deal based on a headline spec sheet and some branding? In America they have much more domestic competition at the same price point so they have to differentiate the top spec model by marginally more expensive parts. Their muscle car consumer base is also more used to the subtle differences between parts. Imagine if Merc offered the c220d with a 9 speed Merc auto or an 8 speed zf auto for £1200 more. Would your average EU consumer give a toss? Probably not. In Europe we buy a limited set of manufacturer selected trim options e.g SE , msport S Line or AMG line, etc In America each and every option is available to spec independently. You can have a Mach1 with cloth base spec seats and no sat nav if u want. Our trim options pretty much consist of different visuals e.g wheels and seat material, not fundamentals like gearboxes, diffs, torque converters, cam shafts etc

Last edited:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For the A10 I believe the export cars has the 3:55 Torsen diff, for the manuals I cannot say for the 18+

Also I do think the coolers, the tremec box etc will be on the car. The question is though if we get the HP or not due to the splitter and rear spoiler

The gt with performance pack and the bullitt didn’t get the Torsen diff. We got the basic spec (cheap) 3.55 lsd.
Why would ford give us the expensive hidden parts that don’t sell cars when it has been proven they can get away with giving us the base part as long as we think we are getting the real deal based on a headline spec sheet and some branding? In America they have much more domestic competition at the same price point so they have to differentiate the top spec model by marginally more expensive parts. Their muscle car consumer base is also more used to the subtle differences between parts. Imagine if Merc offered the c220d with a 9 speed Merc auto or an 8 speed zf auto for £1200 more. Would your average EU consumer give a toss? Probably not. In Europe we buy a limited set of manufacturer selected trim options e.g SE , msport S Line or AMG line, etc In America each and every option is available to spec independently. You can have a Mach1 with cloth base spec seats and no sat nav if u want. Our trim options pretty much consist of different visuals e.g wheels and seat material, not fundamentals like gearboxes, diffs, torque converters, can shafts etc

Ontheedge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 K6383
Mazman
The eu mustang dont have the torsen diff, it dosent matter if its the Auto or the manual gearbox. The eu spec has limited slip. Personaly i think that the eu version are porly euqipt performance wice, no centrum guages, no torsen, lak of horsepower, no strut brace and so on.
And we shall not talk about the por build and paint quality.

Last edited:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Correct the export cars never got the Torsen diff. Export cars are a mix of US pp1 and US base spec. Eg we get the 6 pot Brembo brakes and pp1 wheels but we don’t get pp1 gauges (even on lhd) or Torsen diff for not obvious reason apart from cost cutting. We don’t get the strut brace due to our different pedestrian crash regulations so at least there is a reason for that one. It’s for this reason I think the tremec will be a no show on export cars. The ford dealers and most customers will just see it as a 6 speed manual, not a better 6 speed manual from a halo model car we never had officially imported anyway (gt350)... ie the tremec holds no USP for 99% of export customers.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am really curious, can some please show some documents on that the A10 does not have the Torsen and please no reference to e.g. CJ pony parts. It would be good to know.

The gauges are useless more or less and the strut tower brace can be purchased for 250-300 EUR

If the Mach 1 does not come with the tremec and coolers etc (apart from the HP package) I don't hink they will sell one single car in Europe

Last edited:

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)
If the Mach 1 does not come with the tremec and coolers etc (apart from the HP package) I don't hink they will sell one single car in Europe
True words... The Mach 1 has so many great parts (Tremec, coolers, sway bars, GT500 rear subframe and toelink)! If they strip it down to more or less a base GT, no one will understand this in Europe.

BUT: Honestly, I do not believe that. Because it would be even more expensive for Ford to have 2 different Mach 1 non-HP builds (one for US, one for EU) than only one, because this makes production more complex.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I am really curious, can some please show some documents on that the A10 does not have the Torsen and please no reference to e.g. CJ pony parts. It would be good to know.
Any window sticker for A10 equipped Euro spec car will show that there is no Torsen listed as an option and only 3.55 rear end. PP with Torsen is 3.73 I guess we don't get the gearing and the Torsen because of CO2 emissions as the 3.73 will decrease gas millage and increase CO2 emissions.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It does not state Torsen even for the US counterpart on the sticker for performance pack cars

This is from a US car
Screenshot_20200708-085757_Drive.jpg

And the Torsen is included in the PP1 package

Screenshot_20200708-090350_Samsung Internet.jpg

Any window sticker for A10 equipped Euro spec car will show that there is no Torsen listed as an option and only 3.55 rear end. PP with Torsen is 3.73 I guess we don't get the gearing and the Torsen because of CO2 emissions as the 3.73 will decrease gas millage and increase CO2 emissions.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
You know if it’s a Torsen by the way it drives. Put in full steering lock and drive very slowly round in a circle, very slowly at tick over ie don’t use any torque. If progress is drama free, no nasty noises from the diff or scrubs from inside rear wheel you have the lsd with clutches as per base spec and eu spec. Your diff is operation in open mode during the test as you are not applying torque and therefore the clutches aren’t locking the diff at all. A Torsen diff has no clutches and will never operate in fully open mode, therefore during this test the inside tyre will scrub as the diff wants it to rotate faster than the full lock turn allows it to.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It does not state Torsen even for the US counterpart on the sticker for performance pack cars
The Tosen is on the Right top side on the window sticker under Functional category.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name