Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang Pro-Active Dampers (15-19 All)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
those brass colored inserts when stacked should be less than the height of the rod end-like bearing. If they are taller, than clamping down with the nuts will not take up the slack and the part will bang about.
Sponsored

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt- 401a - PP1
What a pain in the ass. I bought those mounts and was planning to install them this weekend on my Steeda actives. Did you figure out why went wrong?
After talking with Steeda it seems I received the wrong lower spacer in my kit. They sent me out a new spacer and it looks like it's going to solve the issue.

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Here's a few pictures to show the problem, they are alike other than the lower opening bore. The new one fits very snug on the shaft.
20200312_180532.jpg
20200312_180456.jpg

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
After talking with Steeda it seems I received the wrong lower spacer in my kit. They sent me out a new spacer and it looks like it's going to solve the issue.
Glad to see you figured out the problem. Now you can get those Steedas back on the car.

Pi3rcito

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Pierre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’m assuming you’ve re-installed the Steeda Pro Actives since fixing the issue. How’s the ride quality been since the fix? I’m really leaning towards getting the Pro Actives but I’m just hesitant for some odd reason.

Sponsored

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I’m assuming you’ve re-installed the Steeda Pro Actives since fixing the issue. How’s the ride quality been since the fix? I’m really leaning towards getting the Pro Actives but I’m just hesitant for some odd reason.
In short no unfortunately. I gave them another attempt (or 2) but still had noise. Possibly related to other things going on, all I'm really sure of is my Ford track dampers are quiet on the car.

Steeda did great work sorting out a lot of issues contributing to a bad ride and fortunately with the other problems I had being solved it softened everything up to a reasonable level.

Toe links, vertical links and cradle supports with out the irs brace made things feel real bad. I removed the brace for a lrca bearing install and putting it back on helped a lot. Car was also sitting a little low in the rear and I was using the hard blue bump stop. Fixing that with a softer jounce and spacer helped tremendously.

Unrelated I had a front bearing start going out and an endlink get chewed up on top of all the mentioned rear problems so I just haven't had the time or will to give them another shot even though they seemed very promising. I will get to the bottom of it eventually but at the moment I'm just happy I don't have to borrow my wife's prius.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I see no mention of pairing these with Eibach Spotlines... any running that combo? I’m a bit torn between the FP strut/shock and Pro Action set.

HN401A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Sorry to bump an old thread, but are the Active shocks/struts compatible with the billet rear shock mounts? Is anyone running this combo successfully without the noise that Danmg202 describes?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to bump an old thread, but are the Active shocks/struts compatible with the billet rear shock mounts? Is anyone running this combo successfully without the noise that Danmg202 describes?
yes. and mine were quiet. I got rattling from the front right but that was because the camper plate wasn't tight. But not a peep out of the rears.

Mine are on the shelf (for sale) since I sold the EB, but I'd dread trying to ship them.

HN401A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Ok nice, I assume the 10mm set then? Only asking because its not clearly defined in the compatibility section...

1636839514929.png

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok nice, I assume the 10mm set then? Only asking because its not clearly defined in the compatibility section...
I bought them from Steeda as ready-made assembly.

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Got the actives mounted to Steeda billet rear mounts and works well together. There’s different size holes on top of mount but Steeda sent correct inserts for active shocks.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty good review of this setup paired with the Steeda Progressive Springs:

Got this kit with the progressive lowering springs and camber plates plus bump stop bushings with the intent of doing it myself...well that lasted about 2 hours and a beer before I put the right front corner of the car back together and all the Steeda parts in the trunk and went to see my local mechanic...several hundred dollars later I got the car back and was pleasantly surprised at the difference, it not only looked better, but it handles and rides better. I don't track the car, but I did want a competent street machine and so far I think we got a winner. This mod along with all the other mods I have gotten from Steeda works as advertised and the customer service and "guidance" I have gotten from the folks at Steeda have been A+ as are the products.

Rating: 5

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty good review of this setup paired with the Steeda Progressive Springs:
not to suggest anything as crass as astroturf, but maybe post the source link? or a redacted email addr?