Transmission Fluid Recommendation 2015 Ford Mustang 5.0

RanchMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I have racked up a bunch of miles and a friend has a garage with equipment and offered to help me change the transmission fluid in my 2015 Mustang instead of going to the dealership where they want big money.

He told me to bring my own fluid so I did some research to find a top performance oil to last for a while and protect the transmission.

I found these:
https://www.searchforparts.com/oil-change/ford-2015-mustang-5.0l-f

and
https://www.americanmuscle.com/royal-purple-synchromax-manual-transmission-fluid.html

or any suggestions, I want something better than whatever the dealership uses. Also might roll with the synthetic oil from either of those links since I am gonna be at my friend's garage for a while, might as well.

All suggestions welcomed!
Thanks!
RanchMan
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
You linked to both auto and manual trans. Might get an answer if we know what trans you have.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

16MustangEco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
For Automatic i use this:

https://ibb.co/2drRzxT
Only smart people use that.

I used to use that stuff in vehicles past. Night and day difference. You want to switch that that fluid as soon as the transmission breaks in. Then keep it in there for the rest of the time you own the vehicle. That stuff should be good every 100,000 miles. Most people don't tow trailers with their Mustang, so 100,000 miles is plenty.

I had a vehicle where the transmission was shifting horribly between 2nd and 3rd. I went and had it flushed with stuff from the dealer. That fixed it for a few hours and then it went right back. I put in that ATF there and POOF! Problem solved. NEVER put in any fluids from the dealer. Motorcraft is great just to keep you to warranty. After that, you're the one who pays to rebuild or replace that transmission. I avoid expensive repairs by investing in better fluids like the one you mentioned. Keep using it and you can avoid those headaches, too! Good luck with that.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I use amsoil In my differential as well.. you get out of it what you put into it. Spend a little extra now and it will pay dividends later..

16MustangEco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I use amsoil In my differential as well.. you get out of it what you put into it. Spend a little extra now and it will pay dividends later..
If you don't want to rebuild the rear-end when the miles are high, always use Amsoil is way cheaper than a new ring and pinion. :)
Sponsored