Another Exhaust Thread

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Magma Red 2018 F150 5.0L, Deep Impact Blue 2016 Mustang GT
I own a 2018 F150 5.0L. I had a Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust on it. The loudest exhaust I’ve ever heard on a cold morning. It came to the point that I had to put the truck into neutral and coast into the street to start it, so the sound wouldn’t echo off the house. Wife hated it, neighbors didn’t like it, I wasn’t a fan. It really did ‘wake the neighbors’. I switched to MBRP and love the sound.

I recently purchased a 16 Mustang GT and am looking at exhausts. I like the Roush but after reading some reviews and posts, I’m nervous as to how loud it is. Magnaflow Street or Ford Borla Touring would be my next choices. But how loud is the Roush? Is it anywhere near the Outlaw? Louder? Noticeably quieter?
Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I own a 2018 F150 5.0L. I had a Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust on it. The loudest exhaust I’ve ever heard on a cold morning. It came to the point that I had to put the truck into neutral and coast into the street to start it, so the sound wouldn’t echo off the house. Wife hated it, neighbors didn’t like it, I wasn’t a fan. It really did ‘wake the neighbors’. I switched to MBRP and love the sound.

I recently purchased a 16 Mustang GT and am looking at exhausts. I like the Roush but after reading some reviews and posts, I’m nervous as to how loud it is. Magnaflow Street or Ford Borla Touring would be my next choices. But how loud is the Roush? Is it anywhere near the Outlaw? Louder? Noticeably quieter?
Anything with a larger muffler would be what you want. The outlaw mufflers are very small so it results to be very loud. Maganflow, Roush, Borla, and Corsa are all bigger mufflers so they won't be super loud like the Flowmasters. All the brands I listed are great systems. I recommend watching some youtube videos to find one you will like. After you pick a system, we carry all of those brands here at @LethalPerformance so we can get you taken care of on ordering one! We are also having a July 4th sale coming up.

OP
OP
sandman0023

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Anything with a larger muffler would be what you want. The outlaw mufflers are very small so it results to be very loud. Maganflow, Roush, Borla, and Corsa are all bigger mufflers so they won't be super loud like the Flowmasters. All the brands I listed are great systems. I recommend watching some youtube videos to find one you will like. After you pick a system, we carry all of those brands here at @LethalPerformance so we can get you taken care of on ordering one! We are also having a July 4th sale coming up.
Thank you. I’ve listened to You Tube videos and read reviews. The problem that I have is I really don’t notice the difference on video. I mean the Outlaw sounded like a canon when it started. I’m thinking that no other CB system is anywhere near as loud as the Outlaw but I just want to make sure before I waste another $1000+. lol

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Thank you. I’ve listened to You Tube videos and read reviews. The problem that I have is I really don’t notice the difference on video. I mean the Outlaw sounded like a canon when it started. I’m thinking that no other CB system is anywhere near as loud as the Outlaw but I just want to make sure before I waste another $1000+. lol
Yeah Outlaws are basically muffler deletes. Anything with a larger style muffler is what you're looking for. MBRP and Roush have medium size mufflers. Corsa, Magnaflow, and Borla have the large style. Larger muffler = more noise reduction and deeper growl tone.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If you have a Mustang club in town, swing by for one of their meets. You will probably find a few cars with aftermarket exhausts that you will get to hear in person. Cold starting mine in the garage with Steeda H Pipe and Axle-backs is really loud for that first 15 seconds or so.

Sponsored

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
I'm on a same boat. Trying to purchase 3 in catback that isnt loud. Leaning towards to mbrp street or awe touring but not sure if additional 500 bucks are worth enough to get awe

OP
OP
sandman0023

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
If you have a Mustang club in town, swing by for one of their meets. You will probably find a few cars with aftermarket exhausts that you will get to hear in person. Cold starting mine in the garage with Steeda H Pipe and Axle-backs is really loud for that first 15 seconds or so.
We do have a club, but it hasn’t been too active this year because of the virus stuff. Mine would just be cat back, no headers or anything. I’ll probably just do the Roush and see how it goes.

OP
OP
sandman0023

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I'm on a same boat. Trying to purchase 3 in catback that isnt loud. Leaning towards to mbrp street or awe touring but not sure if additional 500 bucks are worth enough to get awe
‘A guy I work with has MBRP. They sound really good. I have them on my truck and the sound is nice as well. I want something else on my car though.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
AWE Touring sounds great. No drone and quality is on point. Definitely worth it, though I would note its not exactly quiet either.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
AWE quality is amazing. It’s absolutely worth the $ if you like the tone. If I didn’t get my catback for an insane deal, I would’ve went AWE Touring.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Absolutely. It's basically as loud as Corsa Xtreme and Borla ATAK.
Yup this.

I went custom. Coming from Corsa Xtreme connected to ARH long tubes, ended up cutting off the Xtreme mufflers, keeping the Corsa double x and adding AWE Touring mufflers. It was as loud if not louder after replacing, with more character in the lower rpms. Although the way it comes from the factory with the H pipe and resonators would not be as loud, it definitely has volume on the higher end. But but sounds great. Just don't want you going in thinking its a quieter exhaust :)

Black diamond quad tips look great as well.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The Roush axel back isn't bad at all, but when you add an x pipe it becomes very loud on cold starts and when hitting higher rpms. I have the cat back roush on my 2017 GT. It sounds good but not a fan with the neighbors on cold starts.

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
SLP makes the sames exhaust as the Roush axle back system but with more packing so its a little quieter. Its still a flow-through system so when you get on it the sound picks up. I combo'd that with the Magnaflow resonated X-Pipe for a little 'extra' but it is still very neighbor friendly. I have no concerns about noise on a cold start and really enjoy its tone when behind the wheel. Unlike the masses I really don't like the way the Coyote exhaust note sounds and I cringe when I hear a Corsa system so trying to keep it deep and mellow was my main goal. Since the Roush and SLP system use bolt on tips it gives you the ability to change things up if you want.
Quad1.jpg
Mustang13.JPG
Sponsored