Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
As far as I know a Western Canada dealership still has their GT350 HEP still available at MSRP as well!
This is probably a stupid question: any GT350 HEP Rs available at MSRP?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This is probably a stupid question: any GT350 HEP Rs available at MSRP?
Most likely no. However its on you to call every dealership in the country to find it. No offense, but thats what you have to do.

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
Most likely no. However its on you to call every dealership in the country to find it. No offense, but thats what you have to do.
I understand...... maybe I'll get lucky......:)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I understand...... maybe I'll get lucky......:)
I hope so, it will require a lot of leg work unless you do luck out. With my first GT350, I totally lucked out. It was December of 2015...... Regular GT350s were going for hefty ADMs to the tune of about 20K. My wife and I were having an IPA at a local brewery and she said why don't you call and see if they (our dealership) have a GT350. I said, yea, right, like that is going to happen. To humor her, I called. They had a '16 track pack on the floor that a buyer just backed out of because he didn't want to pay the 20K ADM. They said come on down and have a look. I have family that works for Ford and I inquired about A plan pricing. They said they would A plan it.

"Honey, finish your beer and lets go check it out".......

I get there and of course they wont A plan the car and they wanted a 20K ADM. Ok, lets go look at some GT's instead then. We wasted about an hour looking at a car I didn't want and were about to part company. It was late in the day, month, and year. I didn't know it, but they really wanted to sell that car. They asked what is your best offer??? I said MSRP. The GMs right hand man came back out of the GMs office and said MSRP, right here, right now.

I said "can I take a day to think about it"? My wife looked at me like I was an idiot, the sales people looked at me like I was an idiot and I asked my wife "so what do you think"??? She said buy the car you moron.

So every now and then you get lucky. However this late in the game, you will need a lot of luck.

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
I hope so, it will require a lot of leg work unless you do luck out. With my first GT350, I totally lucked out. It was December of 2015...... Regular GT350s were going for hefty ADMs to the tune of about 20K. My wife and I were having an IPA at a local brewery and she said why don't you call and see if they (our dealership) have a GT350. I said, yea, right, like that is going to happen. To humor her, I called. They had a '16 track pack on the floor that a buyer just backed out of because he didn't want to pay the 20K ADM. They said come on down and have a look. I have family that works for Ford and I inquired about A plan pricing. They said they would A plan it.

"Honey, finish your beer and lets go check it out".......

I get there and of course they wont A plan the car and they wanted a 20K ADM. Ok, lets go look at some GT's instead then. We wasted about an hour looking at a car I didn't want and were about to part company. It was late in the day, month, and year. I didn't know it, but they really wanted to sell that car. They asked what is your best offer??? I said MSRP. The GMs right hand man came back out of the GMs office and said MSRP, right here, right now.

I said "can I take a day to think about it"? My wife looked at me like I was an idiot, the sales people looked at me like I was an idiot and I asked my wife "so what do you think"??? She said buy the car you moron.

So every now and then you get lucky. However this late in the game, you will need a lot of luck.
Cool story about getting lucky!

The more I think about finding a R HEP at a reasonable price, the more I think I would need a miracle instead of just luck!:)

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Cool story about getting lucky!

The more I think about finding a R HEP at a reasonable price, the more I think I would need a miracle instead of just luck!:)
If you are willing to pay, then it can be done. It will require a lot of legwork. It is just an R, but unique in its own way. If my plate wasn't full, I would be competing with you in trying to find one. Start calling every dealership in the country and be prepared to seal the deal immediately.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
13 Boss, 19 Bullitt, 20 HEPR, 21 Bronco & 22 F350
FYI I just heard from our dealer factory rep that 2020 Mustang (and Shelby) production will run through November, which means early to mid-October will be the last time new orders will be able to be submitted for scheduling. Obviously the R's might be done a month earlier, due to the cold and tires though. I just figured everyone would like to know this info to help time out hunting for unsold allocations.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
FYI I just heard from our dealer factory rep that 2020 Mustang (and Shelby) production will run through November, which means early to mid-October will be the last time new orders will be able to be submitted for scheduling. Obviously the R's might be done a month earlier, due to the cold and tires though. I just figured everyone would like to know this info to help time out hunting for unsold allocations.
Great information and this same information was only suggested a month or so but was only speculation at that time and that 2020 production would continue into November sans the R models because of the Cup 2 tire issue.

In addition to the above information that you provided the key element from my standpoint is when the 2020 Mustang order banks will close and also when the last allocations from FP will be handed out?

FP has a very small group of individuals that controls the GT350/R and GT500/CFTP allocations therefore it will be very interesting when they hand out the very last few allocations for these cars?

With 2020 Mustang production heading into November I suggest that this will certainly have an impact on the 2021 production year and in particular 2021 Mach I launch.

Appreciate the above information!

:like::like:

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
13 Boss, 19 Bullitt, 20 HEPR, 21 Bronco & 22 F350
Great information and this same information was only suggested a month or so but was only speculation at that time and that 2020 production would continue into November sans the R models because of the Cup 2 tire issue.

In addition to the above information that you provided the key element from my standpoint is when the 2020 Mustang order banks will close and also when the last allocations from FP will be handed out?

FP has a very small group of individuals that controls the GT350/R and GT500/CFTP allocations therefore it will be very interesting when they hand out the very last few allocations for these cars?

With 2020 Mustang production heading into November I suggest that this will certainly have an impact on the 2021 production year and in particular 2021 Mach I launch.

Appreciate the above information!

:like::like:
You're welcome. I feel like the 2021 model year will be short, since it is starting almost at 2021 calendar year instead of August/September like most years. Coupled with Ford saying the Machs won't come out until "spring" that could make for an even smaller volume specialty car than anyone expected.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You're welcome. I feel like the 2021 model year will be short, since it is starting almost at 2021 calendar year instead of August/September like most years. Coupled with Ford saying the Machs won't come out until "spring" that could make for an even smaller volume specialty car than anyone expected.
Agreed on the 2021 MY being shortened by a great deal.

With the launch of the 2021 Mach I that takes me back to when I distinctly remember Ford launching the 1968 1/2 428 Mustang Cobra Jet mid year with the launch taking place on April 1st, 1968 and can tell you that was a very big deal for both young and old Blue Oval enthusiasts at the time and still one of the best engines that Ford has ever produced..

As soon as those mid year '68 Mustangs 428 CJ cars got to the drag strip they were a terror to say the least especially with Ford rating that terrific engine at 335 HP when in fact we all knew that it came completely stock with over 400 HP and lots of room for improvements.

Kind of reminds me of when Ford originally rated the 2012 Boss 302 cars at 440 HP then decided to bump them up to 444 HP but no question after chassis dynoing a few Boss 302 cars that the 444 HP was still underrated from Ford and the Windsor engine plant.

At the time I drove my 2012 Boss 302 LS and my 2015 Mustang GT back to back a number of times and with only an advertised rating of only 9 HP difference between the two cars it was not even close.

:sunglasses:

Sponsored

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
So...finally closed on LR032, and at $300 below MSRP. Moreover, the car looks amazing--fit, finish, and paint near perfection. I also bought a 5yr, unlimited mile, Tire and Wheel warranty for $832. This warranty even covers curb rash. Figured at $4500 per wheel, it would be worth it.

And thanks to Harry (PP001) for all your advice!

I hope everyone who has a car coming will be in the shape mine came in. Pics don't do these cars justice--but attached is one for what it is worth.

On the downside, I crashed hard mountain biking in Deer Valley last week; one day before the car was delivered. I broke my right collar bone, and will be in a sling for the next 4 weeks. So my awesome dealer is going to keep it in pristine condition in the delivery bay for as long as needed until I am able to drive it.
IMG_1236.jpeg

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
So...finally closed on LR032, and at $300 below MSRP. Moreover, the car looks amazing--fit, finish, and paint near perfection. I also bought a 5yr, unlimited mile, Tire and Wheel warranty for $832. This warranty even covers curb rash. Figured at $4500 per wheel, it would be worth it.

I hope everyone who has a car coming will be in the shape mine came in. Pics don't do these cars justice--but attached is one for what it is worth.

On the downside, I crashed hard mountain biking in Deer Valley last week; one day before the car was delivered. I broke my right collar bone, and will be in a sling for the next 4 weeks. So my awesome dealer is going to keep it in pristine condition in the delivery bay for as long as needed until I am able to drive it.
IMG_1236.jpeg
stunning. just stunning. congrats man and get well soon.

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)

IMG_1236.jpeg
Wow, congrats!
You must be the only one to have gotten one below MSRP! Well done!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

IMG_1236.jpeg
Congrats! She's a beauty. It sucks about the clavicle. They are a bitch. Try not to laugh, it hurts like hell.

Is that an aftermarket wheel warranty? I thought Ford stopped offering wheel warranties after MY 17

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
Congrats! She's a beauty. It sucks about the clavicle. They are a bitch. Try not to laugh, it hurts like hell.

Is that an aftermarket wheel warranty? I thought Ford stopped offering wheel warranties after MY 17
Thanks--and yeah, third party warranty.
Sponsored