Sponsored

Dash Rattles and the car isn't even two weeks old.

hurricane1091

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Wait until it is three years old LOL. RATTLE CITY BAYBAY!!!
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Dealers have a whole process for addressing these rattles. It just has to be reproduced and you need a good service rep to make sure it's fixed correctly.

I've had my dash apart countless times and I've seen the padding they have added.

If you DIY an excellent material is this reusable adhesive putty that can be found at craft stores.

One of the worst rattles I've been dealing with is the trim around the digital instrument cluster. It acts up every so often. For a while I was driving with it off and it made the car feel like it was solid.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
got a 16' that has a dash rattle by the middle ac vents. Started around 2k miles and only during the winter months. If I push back on the dash against the windshield it goes away. I think its deep in there somewhere. I had to just let it go. Now I have a bunch of rattles at 27k miles and it all blends in..lol

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
got a 16' that has a dash rattle by the middle ac vents. Started around 2k miles and only during the winter months. If I push back on the dash against the windshield it goes away. I think its deep in there somewhere. I had to just let it go. Now I have a bunch of rattles at 27k miles and it all blends in..lol
I don't know how you stand it but if it doesn't bother you, you are much more tolerant than I am. Lol

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Did a search and found this thread.
I have a 2018 GT which has developed a rattle which I am having difficulty pinpointing but it seems to be coming from somewhere behind the drive shaft.
The weird thing is that it seems to be worse in colder weather.
It also doesn't help that the centre of town is all cobblestone as it sounds like a swarm of crickets having an orgy behind my dash every morning commute.
Wondering if anyone has found a solution before I head to my local dealer again.

Sponsored

Found it!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I realize his thread is long dead but helped me with a recent rattling type sound from the dash so maybe I can help some poor soul down the road as well.

For reference I have a brand new 2020 Mustang GT w/ 401A. There was an obnoxious rattling / reverberating noise coming from the center dash. At first I though maybe it wan coming from the oil pressure or vacuum gauges but after further investigation found there’s a speaker back. So I watched a few videos on dash removal scattered around the internet and got the courage up to DIY remove the three pieces including the top cover for the speaker. Played the radio to confirm it was the speaker. Removed the bolts from the speaker pulled it out, played some music and there was the culprit. Some type of magnetized metal shavings from the factory that had fallen into the cone making that horrible sound. Maybe this can help some one, if not thanks for everyone’s input here getting me on the right got path to finding my rattle.

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, BMW 545i, Mercedes E550, Mercedes E320, Kia Sorento V6
I realize his thread is long dead but helped me with a recent rattling type sound from the dash so maybe I can help some poor soul down the road as well.

For reference I have a brand new 2020 Mustang GT w/ 401A. There was an obnoxious rattling / reverberating noise coming from the center dash. At first I though maybe it wan coming from the oil pressure or vacuum gauges but after further investigation found there’s a speaker back. So I watched a few videos on dash removal scattered around the internet and got the courage up to DIY remove the three pieces including the top cover for the speaker. Played the radio to confirm it was the speaker. Removed the bolts from the speaker pulled it out, played some music and there was the culprit. Some type of magnetized metal shavings from the factory that had fallen into the cone making that horrible sound. Maybe this can help some one, if not thanks for everyone’s input here getting me on the right got path to finding my rattle.
Man I got to the point after removing the front aluminum trim. I tried to lift off the center speaker grill however it was scared that I may break something. nonetheless I was able to stick some sticky foam in there. I don't know about you but I did notice that some of the clips did break off and run into the dash from the front trim. Foam tape that use for window seals
PHOTO_20200627_171150.jpg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't know about you, but I did notice that some of the clips did break off and run into the dash from the front trim.
Yep; three of them, in my case... but was able to fish out one good clip. And the GT350 gauge pod came with 2, so barely made it. If somebody knows the part number, please post it, to buy a handful. As an FYI, the vents also squeak against the dash trim part. I had a rubber washer that I cut in small long pieces to insert on top of the vents (once the dash piece was installed), stuffed with a thin plastic trim tool, and they're invisible, and worked perfectly. I also had a hard time fixing the alignment of the stupid small piece to the right of the glovebox, since the plastic part on the top piece where the top (metal) clip of that small piece latches to was deformed when pulling on the small piece. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you will when you see that the top doesn't align with the top trim piece :D. Good luck.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
@2019fordmustang If the noises continue, check the defrost vent strip right up against the windshield. You can wedge a towel against the dash and the strip to test it. If you need to remove it, you have to remove the center dash speaker panel (just pull straight up, it's ok) and remove the A pillar covers, then you can start on one side and slowly peel back the defrost strip.

Sponsored

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
Yep; three of them, in my case... but was able to fish out one good clip. And the GT350 gauge pod came with 2, so barely made it. If somebody knows the part number, please post it, to buy a handful. As an FYI, the vents also squeak against the dash trim part. I had a rubber washer that I cut in small long pieces to insert on top of the vents (once the dash piece was installed), stuffed with a thin plastic trim tool, and they're invisible, and worked perfectly. I also had a hard time fixing the alignment of the stupid small piece to the right of the glovebox, since the plastic part on the top piece where the top (metal) clip of that small piece latches to was deformed when pulling on the small piece. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you will when you see that the top doesn't align with the top trim piece :D. Good luck.
Damn lol! Look up dash clips for ford on amazon. I ordered 30 pc set for Like 6.99. I'm afraid the clips I lost in the dash hope they don't start rattling

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
@2019fordmustang If the noises continue, check the defrost vent strip right up against the windshield. You can wedge a towel against the dash and the strip to test it. If you need to remove it, you have to remove the center dash speaker panel (just pull straight up, it's ok) and remove the A pillar covers, then you can start on one side and slowly peel back the defrost strip.
Yea good idea. Idn why the plastics they use is so low quality and flimsy. Even my wife's kia has better material

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
You’re paying for the engine. The non-GT models don’t really have an excuse.

Deleted member 35775

I'm picking up my car today after 2 weeks at the dealership fixing rattles. If the dash rattles isn't fixed, I'll be pointing them to this thread. Fingers crossed¡

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
I'm picking up my car today after 2 weeks at the dealership fixing rattles. If the dash rattles isn't fixed, I'll be pointing them to this thread. Fingers crossed¡
Keep me
What kind of rattles did you have? Keep me posted after u pick it up.
Sponsored