Sponsored

Car and Driver 20 Greatest of All Time (spoiler)

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
They charge such a low price for a subscription now. A buck an issue for me as a car guy is nothing. Yes paper is a bit outmoded, but I have to admit I like getting the magazine in the mail.

Low subscription prices, does that not tell one how open minded the editors are? C&D is a political biased rag, pushing everything not American made.

That rag is right up there with the unbiased articles found in Consumer Reports.

LMAO
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Damn, I need to check my covid 19 mail box for that issue.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Low subscription prices, does that not tell one how open minded the editors are? C&D is a political biased rag, pushing everything not American made.

That rag is right up there with the unbiased articles found in Consumer Reports.

LMAO
So you're saying you read it every month? :like:

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Why are there 6 Porsche’s? They haven't changed the design in 60 years :giggle:
I think car reviewers do end up with a little bit of "money is no object" attitude after getting to test cars for free. As far as I can tell as a non-owner - actually I should say I do own a Porsche, but it's the Yugo of Porsches - a 1986 NA 944. Lovely car. Any way, as a person who doesn't and will probably never own any of the Porsches that were actually on the list, I think Porsches are great cars, but they just aren't performance bargains. If you have more money than you know what to do with and you are a car guy, you will probably really enjoy a Porsche if you pick the right one. As a person with a regular job and living in flyover country, those top Porsches aren't in my budget.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
s_laugh.gif

Very funny, no I am waiting for free subscriptions. For use on bottom of my bird cage, using news papers for now.

:like: View attachment 478243
Not sure you got what I was saying. If you don't read it, how do you know you don't like it? Just wondering.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
They charge such a low price for a subscription now. A buck an issue for me as a car guy is nothing. Yes paper is a bit outmoded, but I have to admit I like getting the magazine in the mail.
I like getting magazines in the mail, but I hate to throw them in the garbage. So, they're being stored in the basement or garage collecting dust.
Thanks for the good post, way better than reading about engine issues.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I like getting magazines in the mail, but I hate to throw them in the garbage. So, they're being stored in the basement or garage collecting dust.
Thanks for the good post, way better than reading about engine issues.
Normally I try to share them with people who are less into cars before recycling, but with the paranoia around Covid I have a big stack in the house.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure you got what I was saying. If you don't read it, how do you know you don't like it? Just wondering.

I was saying you did. not like it... that's on me.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what ?

I was not saying you did not like it.

Last edited:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I will pickup a copy at my local newsstand and add it to my binder. I have the Motor Trend 2019 Drivers car article and the previous Car and Drivers review in a binder I put together...
I work in IT and online mags are ok, but there is something about holding a book/magazine and turning the pages...
20200302_080913.jpg
20200302_080930.jpg
20200302_080953.jpg

DylanICON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 19 Raptor, 17 Raptor, 11 Raptor, 96 Toyota LandCruiser
was there a ranking to the 20 cars?
where on the list did it fall?
what was #1?

GrimLemur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT350, 2016 Black C7 Corvette Z51 (sold)
Most exciting new car for the money right now and honestly the last that will connect you to the machine in this way.
From my perspective I didn't lust to drive my C7 the way I do this car.
I really enjoy reading all the articles that wax poetic about the GT350 as they ultimately got me into the driver's seat.

Bugs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback Restomod in GT350 livery
I too prefer the printed page. I still subscribe to a slew of paper magazines. At least the one's that haven't stopped publishing yet. I especially miss Mustang Monthly and Car Craft.

Can't say that I see the anti-US bias in C&D. Many years ago, I stopped taking Motor Trend for what I perceived as their anti-domestic reviews, but looking back, I have to admit that for a while, US cars kinda sucked in comparison. Still, I've stuck with my 'Merican vehicles through thick and thin. Well, except for the '84 Audi ... and the '96 Beemer ... and the '04 Acura .. and my bikes are either Japanese or European. OK, Mostly 'Merican.

'65 Mustang and GT350 on the GOAT list? I agree - but then, I'm a bit biased.
Sponsored