Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 Mustang Prototype Spied on The Prowl?!

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
There was a press release issued with an embargo period. When the embargo expires, all the usual media outlets will publish their stories.
505 hp and 430 tq? Am I close?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
and the 'guess how many jelly beans are in this jar' game begins... Only [0-9]+3 hours to go (<<< that's Regex notation) and YY more such posts. Ok gang we need to bracket our values in such a manner so as to half the error range with each query.
Here's a start.
Q: Is it more than 470?
A: Yes
Q: Is it less than 515
A: ???

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
and the 'guess how many jelly beans are in this jar' game begins... Only [0-9]+3 hours to go (<<< that's Regex notation) and YY more such posts. Ok gang we need to bracket our values in such a manner so as to half the error range with each query.
Here's a start.
Q: Is it more than 470?
A: Yes
Q: Is it less than 515
A: ???
LOL!!! Honoring the embargo. Only way to keep sources safe and keep sources as sources.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I think someone over at Ford forgot to notify the dealerships before the previous press release. Theyā€™re probably finishing up the order guides, notifying dealerships, etc before the release goes out.
Usually the purpose of the embargo is to give all the media equal footing on reporting the story. They all get the advance info so they can do their homework and write their articles, but none of the articles can be released until the embargo lifts. Then they all come flooding out at the same time, saying the same thing. Some having more clever repartee than others, some providing more technical opinion than others. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s whatā€™s going on now.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Some having more clever repartee than others, some providing more technical opinion than others.
I want to know what the drone activity and unauthorized overflight reports have been for the last week around Dearborn etc. I wonder why journos haven't resorted to buzzing along the windows of the HQ buildings with cameras rolling to see if they can't catch a glimpse of somebody's monitor, or a drawing left out on a desk.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Sadly, that Ford Authority article went viral...........and it was merely them stating a "source" said it'd be 525hp. No leaked docs or photographs just ....."a source". That set everyone's expectations high, including mine. 45hp more than the Bullitt seems too good to be true. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll
But listen closely..
(Not for very much longer)
I've got to keep control