2016 mustang GT misfire at Idle

danm2712

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Hello, I am currently having issues with my 2016 mustang gt automatic. So here is what is going on. In the past month when the car had 14k miles I decided to install some mods. Those were 2018 mustang manifold(locked IMRC), 2018 mustang intake, lu47 injectors and lund tune e85. Currently 800 miles on those mods.

Within the past week the car started to act weird at idle. I first began hearing a "pop" at idle and then it progressed to a slight shake. The car still runs and drives great and pulls like normal at high RPMs. I thought it was nothing to worry about until I got a p0300.

I have been talking to Lund, they gave me some ideas. I started by buying new plugs and gapped them to .040, then did a crank relearn, switched tunes, switched gas from e85 back to 93. I also made sure all of the vacuum hoses were tight and had no leaks. With all of this nothing has changed, I am at a loss. wondering if you guys had any ideas, thanks.
Sponsored

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
Did you find what the problem was?

OP
OP

danm2712

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Did you find what the problem was?
No, never figured it out. I did a compression test everything came back normal. My last resort was to put all the stock parts and stock tune and that completely fixed my issue. I have no Idea if the parts were causing the misfire or if the tune was causing problems.
Sponsored