Sponsored

Kenne Bell 2.8l LC Installation Video/Journal/6 Month Review

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Hey Everyone

I did my Kenne Bell install on my EU spec Mustang GT back in October 2019. Prior to this project, I had never done anything like this. I literally bought the tools, a gazebo and started to turn the wrench with friends. This video follows that journey and talks through the challenges we faced (we snapped a bolt at 2am and I didn't cry... that's how brave I am lol)

We took our time and recorded the progress along with the first time we turned the key. There is also a link in the video description to the manual for the Kit. It has some supplements which are not included so please bare that in mind.

It was an easy install aside from one or two hiccups. I hope you guys find this useful.

For the EU kit, you will have to buy a separate hose for the brake booster as ours is on the other side of the car and one or two jubilee clips. That's it. I also didn't install the lowering engine mounts as our oil cooling setup is different and when you install the Mishimoto oil cooling kit, there isn't enough space to lower the engine and then install an oil filter. Thankfully I have a Cervini hood. With the stock oil cooling setup, you wouldn't have any problems and US cars with Mishimoto coolers will also have no problems.

The video is not endorsed by Kenne Bell etc

Enjoy, any questions, ill be happy to answer.

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Hey Everyone

I did my Kenne Bell install on my EU spec Mustang GT back in October 2019. Prior to this project, I had never done anything like this. I literally bought the tools, a gazebo and started to turn the wrench with friends. This video follows that journey and talks through the challenges we faced (we snapped a bolt at 2am and I didn't cry... that's how brave I am lol)

We took our time and recorded the progress along with the first time we turned the key. There is also a link in the video description to the manual for the Kit. It has some supplements which are not included so please bare that in mind.

It was an easy install aside from one or two hiccups. I hope you guys find this useful.

For the EU kit, you will have to buy a separate hose for the brake booster as ours is on the other side of the car and one or two jubilee clips. That's it. I also didn't install the lowering engine mounts as our oil cooling setup is different and when you install the Mishimoto oil cooling kit, there isn't enough space to lower the engine and then install an oil filter. Thankfully I have a Cervini hood. With the stock oil cooling setup, you wouldn't have any problems and US cars with Mishimoto coolers will also have no problems.

The video is not endorsed by Kenne Bell etc

Enjoy, any questions, ill be happy to answer.

This is my fourth KB I’ve had over the years and by far the best. Been a year and a half and 20k miles in Arizona with crappy 91 octane and 120 degree summers. Hasn’t missed a beat.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is my fourth KB I’ve had over the years and by far the best. Been a year and a half and 20k miles in Arizona with crappy 91 octane and 120 degree summers. Hasn’t missed a beat.
Wow. Nice! I think it will take me 4 years to put 20k miles on this kit in much better environmental conditions with premium gas. I'm so happy with the decision I made and doing the install myself means I know the kit inside out as well as saving money.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Nice job on everything, well done :thumbsup:

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Absolutely

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
your joy when it started was priceless..lol get some driving videos up so we can hear that whine!

Man. After so much wrench time, spending all that money and taking meticulous care to follow each step with some hiccups along the way, it was just pure joy and relief that it all worked. As I mentioned in the video, I honestly wouldn't have had a clue where to begin troubleshooting because I felt I had done everything right.

Initially the engine idle was normal and then the revs start to go up and I was like o no and then it settled down and I was like yes! Then to have had no leaks and everything working beautifully was just the icing on the cake. I suffer from the opposite of the Dunning-kruger effect. Everytime a project works out, I just feel I got lucky

I will have to get some dashcam footage up for you. Hope you enjoyed the video.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
hey thanks for putting this video up, not many folks would have thought of video'ing the whole time and actually explaining what was happening / they were doing. Pretty damned awesome in fact:bow:. Looking forward to the dashcam footage

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hey thanks for putting this video up, not many folks would have thought of video'ing the whole time and actually explaining what was happening / they were doing. Pretty damned awesome in fact:bow:. Looking forward to the dashcam footage
Thanks I appreciate that. I'm just sick of watching installation videos online which make everything look like a breeze. I want to see all the difficult bits so I'm prepared for them.

The idea behind all the DIY videos I do is simple. Show the good and the bad so atleast people won't make the same mistakes as me. Too many people not showing the tough bits or their own mistakes in the fear that people might think they are amateurs.

I AM an amateur and there is no shame in that.

Im glad you found the video useful/enjoyable/helpful.
Sponsored