Sponsored

2015 - 2017 EU Right Hand Drive Mustang Kenne Bell Supercharger Install

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Hey Everyone

I did my Kenne Bell install on my EU spec Mustang GT back in October 2019. Prior to this project, I had never done anything like this. I literally bought the tools, a gazebo and started to turn the wrench with friends (@Kristian87) . This video follows that journey and talks through the challenges we faced (we snapped a bolt at 2am and I didn't cry... that's how brave I am lol)

We took our time and recorded the progress along with the first time we turned the key. There is also a link in the video description to the manual for the Kit.

It was an easy install aside from one or two hiccups. I hope you guys find this useful.

For the EU kit, you will have to buy a separate hose for the brake booster as ours is on the other side of the car and one or two jubilee clips. That's it. I also didn't install the lowering engine mounts as our oil cooling setup is different and when you install the Mishimoto oil cooling kit, there isn't enough space to lower the engine and then install an oil filter. Thankfully I have a Cervini hood. With the stock oil cooling setup, you wouldn't have any problems and US cars with Mishimoto coolers will also have no problems.

The video is not endorsed by Kenne Bell etc

Enjoy, any questions, ill be happy to answer.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just finished watching...what a great way to re live the experience, the video edited out brilliantly. Entertaining and informative

Again i have to say what an achievement this is for a young guy to gather all the knowledge and tools, then just crack on and get it done with really only minor issues. Was a pleasure to be a part of and really highlights what i signed up for as a mustang owner, fun times!

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Just finished watching...what a great way to re live the experience, the video edited out brilliantly. Entertaining and informative

Again i have to say what an achievement this is for a young guy to gather all the knowledge and tools, then just crack on and get it done with really only minor issues. Was a pleasure to be a part of and really highlights what i signed up for as a mustang owner, fun times!
Man, I look back at it and think it was so much fun. The ups, the downs. all worth it when I pressed the brake pedal, tapped the start button and it fired right up with zero issues. Having my buddies help was invaluable so I appreciate that a lot and im sure everyone took something away from the install process.

I just wish we had the carport and the workshop that I do now when we did the install, im sure it would have gone so much smoother. Just goes to show how easy this kit is to work with.
Sponsored