Sponsored

anyone modify factory GT350R Recaro's for anti-sub belt?

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
Hello, I just installed a CMS rollbar and bought the Schroth Profi II ASM 4 point belt. I've been told the HPDE group I run with is going to prohibit 4 point harnesses all together. I am looking to add the Schroth anti sub belt but Schroth says do NOT sit on the anit sub belt. They say I need to modify the seat or replace the seat.

I'm not looking for a debate on whether this is correct, I'm looking to see who's modified their Recaro to allow for the anti sub belt to come up through the seat just below where it clips into the receiver.

thanks!!
Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
may be easier to get a 6 point and sit on the belts using a bracket that a member on another forum designed for this purpose.

OP
OP
meterman

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
may be easier to get a 6 point and sit on the belts using a bracket that a member on another forum designed for this purpose.
Do you know who that member is or what the bracket is?

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
PM sent with information.

Sponsored

JD_GTPP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro, 2SS/1LE
Hello, I just installed a CMS rollbar and bought the Schroth Profi II ASM 4 point belt. I've been told the HPDE group I run with is going to prohibit 4 point harnesses all together. I am looking to add the Schroth anti sub belt but Schroth says do NOT sit on the anit sub belt. They say I need to modify the seat or replace the seat.

I'm not looking for a debate on whether this is correct, I'm looking to see who's modified their Recaro to allow for the anti sub belt to come up through the seat just below where it clips into the receiver.

thanks!!
Before you go this route and spend time and money, you should check with the organizers. I tried to go a similar route with the recaros in my 1LE: that is a custom anchor setup so that I could sit on the anti-subs. For NASA it was a no-go.

OP
OP
meterman

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
Before you go this route and spend time and money, you should check with the organizers. I tried to go a similar route with the recaros in my 1LE: that is a custom anchor setup so that I could sit on the anti-subs. For NASA it was a no-go.
I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying, NASA rules say you cannot sit on the anti-subs?

OP
OP
meterman

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
This is what NASA mid-atlantic told me during tech inspection at VIR

Odd, as I know some of the Formula car guys sit on their sub belts. Supposedly safer with a highly layed back driving position.

Course, NASA doesn't like single seater race cars.

Sponsored

taylor.crandall1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

thanks!!
You could try using the Teamtech ASR harness. It goes over the seat cushion instead of going through the bottom of the seat. I have this in my Viper and its what Dodge uses when they test and track their Vipers. It was designed to be used with the stock seats which do not have passthrough's.

https://teamtechmotorsports.com/shop/harnesses/asr-harness/

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You mention HPDE. For HPDE I would skip NASA, you will get more track time with other Track Day organizations.

If you are running TT, I would fit a real race seat and harness.

Either way, I wouldn't cut up the stock seat. There are a handful of aftermarket reclining seats that can be gotten with a slot for he anti submarine belt(s) if you need something more street friendly and/or adjustable than a fixed back racing seat.

OP
OP
meterman

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
You could try using the Teamtech ASR harness. It goes over the seat cushion instead of going through the bottom of the seat. I have this in my Viper and its what Dodge uses when they test and track their Vipers. It was designed to be used with the stock seats which do not have passthrough's.

https://teamtechmotorsports.com/shop/harnesses/asr-harness/
Thanks for the input, I am ordering the anti sub from Schroth and will sit on them. I ordered the harness bar that bolts to the seat rear bolts from a guy on Track Mustangs Online.

OP
OP
meterman

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
You mention HPDE. For HPDE I would skip NASA, you will get more track time with other Track Day organizations.

If you are running TT, I would fit a real race seat and harness.

Either way, I wouldn't cut up the stock seat. There are a handful of aftermarket reclining seats that can be gotten with a slot for he anti submarine belt(s) if you need something more street friendly and/or adjustable than a fixed back racing seat.
Thanks, as I just posted I have a solution that does not include cutting up my Recaro’s.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro