Sponsored

Anyone have the pinout wiring diagram for 2018-up fog/running light assembly?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I want to disable the amber running lights but still allow the turn signals to function. I was going to attempt to put a quick disconnect on the running light power wire directly behind the connector, behind the bumper cover. Not sure if this is even possible without triggering some type of dash alert or other error code but I am willing to try since I cannot stand the amber running lights at night and there is no alternative to have white running lights for 2018-up.

Anyone with the pinouts or wiring digram of the foglight/running light assembly would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have wiring diagram for 2018-up?

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the wire diagram you provided, it looks like disconnecting Pin #4 will accomplish what I want. But I wonder if it would be easier to put the quick disconnects in just after the BCM itself? I just don't know where the BCM is located within the car. Do you know where the BCM located?

I also don't know if any of this will even work without causing some type of error code or whatever. I will probably just clip 1 wire first and see how it goes before clipping the other side.

eddison

Looking at the wire diagram you provided, it looks like disconnecting Pin #4 will accomplish what I want. But I wonder if it would be easier to put the quick disconnects in just after the BCM itself? I just don't know where the BCM is located within the car. Do you know where the BCM located?

I also don't know if any of this will even work without causing some type of error code or whatever. I will probably just clip 1 wire first and see how it goes before clipping the other side.
The BCM is the fuse box located in the passenger side kick panel. I would recommend pulling the pin/wire out of the connector at the BCM instead of snipping the wire. You can usually use a small flathead screwdriver to release the pin. That way you'll know if it will work and still have wiring intact.

Looking at your original post again, you basically don't want the running lights but want to retain turn signals? There may be AsBuilt that can be changed with Forscan to accomplish that. You wouldn't be able to ad-hoc toggle it, you'd need to hook up your computer and edit the AsBuilt to toggle it, but may be better than snipping wires. My other vehicle is an F150, and I can make my running light be fogs, marker lights, etc. by changing the AsBuilt.

I can take a look at AsBuilt this evening and see if there's an option to change that.

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I do have Forscan and have made other changes before. If there is an AsBuilt function for this, I would be all over it. However, I am going to guess that it will disable the parking lights front and rear, which I don't want to do. I just want to disable the front amber parking lights only.

Do you have the closer look at the pinouts for the BCM?

eddison

I do have Forscan and have made other changes before. If there is an AsBuilt function for this, I would be all over it. However, I am going to guess that it will disable the parking lights front and rear, which I don't want to do. I just want to disable the front amber parking lights only.

Do you have the closer look at the pinouts for the BCM?
The edit's I've made to my F150 are front lamps only, I would assume the Mustang would be the same.
BCM.JPG
BCM_Lights.JPG
BCM_Fog.JPG

Sponsored

Lennard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lennard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I’m trying to do the same thing for my 2019 Bullitt. Did you manage to get any AsBuilt coding to disable the front parking lights?
Or did you disconnect the wire? Did you get any error indications?
Thanks!

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m trying to do the same thing for my 2019 Bullitt. Did you manage to get any AsBuilt coding to disable the front parking lights?
Or did you disconnect the wire? Did you get any error indications?
Thanks!
I got it working great and accomplished exactly what I wanted. The lights only come on when flashing for turning/hazards/alarm. There are no errors or anything and I can reverse what I did in 5 minutes. This only affects the front lights. The rears remain fully functional.

All I did was disconnect the harnesses on the BCM (located behind passenger kick panel) until I found the one I needed that has the wires that feed the front left/right parking lights. I was able to identify which pins using the wiring diagrams posted here. Using a very thin pick tool, I was able to remove the 2 wires from the harness and taped those off and then plugged the harness back in.

I can look again in the morning and tell you exactly which pins and which harness. I do remember there were like 8 harnesses plugged into the BCM but the one you want is on the bottom.

Lennard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lennard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I got it working great and accomplished exactly what I wanted. The lights only come on when flashing for turning/hazards/alarm. There are no errors or anything and I can reverse what I did in 5 minutes. This only affects the front lights. The rears remain fully functional.

All I did was disconnect the harnesses on the BCM (located behind passenger kick panel) until I found the one I needed that has the wires that feed the front left/right parking lights. I was able to identify which pins using the wiring diagrams posted here. Using a very thin pick tool, I was able to remove the 2 wires from the harness and taped those off and then plugged the harness back in.

I can look again in the morning and tell you exactly which pins and which harness. I do remember there were like 8 harnesses plugged into the BCM but the one you want is on the bottom.
Great to hear it is working well for you. I definitely going to do this mod as soon as possible.

From the wiring diagrams in this thread I figured I have to disconnect pin 30 and 37 on C2280F. I did some previous work on the BCM (added wires for the rear fog) so I should be able to locate the connector, wires and de-pin them.
I appreciate your help!

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, pin 30 and 37 on C2280F is correct.

Also, forgot to thank (eddison) for posting the wiring diagrams needed to figure this out. Much appreciated!

Lennard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lennard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yes, pin 30 and 37 on C2280F is correct.

Also, forgot to thank (eddison) for posting the wiring diagrams needed to figure this out. Much appreciated!
Just disconnected the two wires from the BCM and the front parking lights are out!
It was a bit of a pain to get the terminals out with the tiny slot holes, but all together it took me about 20 minutes to complete this mod.
Thanks for helping me out!
Sponsored