Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Gents,

I hope you and your families are all mentally, physically, and financially sound during these interesting times. I have taken this unprecedented break in life to work out a new opportunity for those of you seeking to further increase the performance of your vehicles, and reduce unsprung weight with the addition of carbon ceramic brakes.

I am proud to announce a partnership with Racing Brake based here in California. They have been able to produce some amazing carbon ceramic options for the GT350/R, and now one of the first to provide a kit for the 2020 GT500. In working with them to provide specs for the 2020 GT500 they now have carbon ceramic brake rotor and pad kits finalized and ready for shipping / production.

2020 GT500 Options
-CCB Front Rotor/Pad (23 lb weight savings per side)
-CCB Rear Rotor/Pad (8 lb weight savings per side)
-CCB Front & Rear Rotor/Pad kit (64 lb weight savings total)

To get an understanding of all their products please take a look at their full website at www.racingbrake.com. The group buy will see 12% off the full retail cost of whatever you want. If we can get multiple orders of 3 or more I can get an additional price break.

Food for thought. A set of our Signature Wheel and Racing Brake CCB’s would put you at less unsprung weight per corner than a CFTP.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Once we hit a mark of 3 I will get those sets ordered and into production. Otherwise this will go until the end of June.

Retail Cost
-CCB Front Retail $8148.76
-CCB Rear Retail $7227.31
-CCB complete retail $13,630.00

Group Buy Cost
-CCB Group Buy Front $7170.00
-CCB Group Buy Rear $6359.00
-CCB Group Buy Complete $11994.00

Participants:

1) 50 Deep
2) Mark B.
3)
4)
5)

ECF40B35-57E1-4B98-ACF1-0134A971CE6D.jpeg
B24258EC-C511-4246-9345-8A0A8D496A33.jpeg
61B3153D-4689-4214-A4A4-2B61863BD866.jpeg
0EBD7DEF-26BF-47F6-B9E5-2D83F71AB358.jpeg
6BB94C6A-A9CD-4AEE-9DBC-0A6721502EE2.jpeg
AB618994-3934-473D-B259-83FA860184DB.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
One of us can't math. Possibly me bc I am 8 beers in right now but I come up with 62 pound saving and not 64. Either way this is a great option. I don't think I have ever had carbon ceramic breaks and have heard they are really loud on the street? Mind elaborating?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This should help folks......

https://racingbrake.com/carbon-ceramic-brake/select-vehicle/ford/shelby-gt500-2020/for-crk-01

I extremely interested, however I have to wait until I get the results of my latest bid for my job. Due to the virus, I may loose my captains seat. That may preclude me from obtaining these for now.

The world is upside down and I think this hasty reopening is going to set us back a bit when the virus has a second wave due to all the irresponsible behavior that I am seeing.

T:
How long is this discount good for?

Last edited:
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
One of us can't math. Possibly me bc I am 8 beers in right now but I come up with 62 pound saving and not 64. Either way this is a great option. I don't think I have ever had carbon ceramic breaks and have heard they are really loud on the street? Mind elaborating?
I rounded down to whole numbers for ease of typing. Your doing damn well with 8 beers in.

6B8CF225-2E43-461C-AD25-E228C0B44777.jpeg

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
This should help folks......

https://racingbrake.com/carbon-ceramic-brake/select-vehicle/ford/shelby-gt500-2020/for-crk-01

I extremely interested, however I have to wait until I get the results of my latest bid for my job. Due to the virus, I may loose my captains seat. That may preclude me from obtaining these for now.

The world is upside down and I think this hasty reopening is going to set us back a bit when the virus has a second wave due to all the irresponsible behavior that I am seeing.

T:
How long is this discount good for?
Let’s run this until the end of June for now. If there is more interest we can see about extending.

Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Mark is in!

We only need 1 more to get it to 15% off!

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Mark is in!

We only need 1 more to get it to 15% off!
I have a few questions on these so with carbon brakes depending on the compound you sometimes have to heat them up to get a hard bite requiring at-least a lap before extreme breaking i wonder if these are like my buddy’s carbon breaks and don’t require the heat cycle maybe thats old technology not sure. Does the pads for the carbon breaks create alot of break dust i have the track pack and haven't seen any break dust yet on wheels. Im all about saving weight and thought about buying a antigravity battery just to shed another 25 to 30 pounds. I saw these brakes Before i bought the track pack unsprung weight is priceless it makes a huge difference in handling im heading to Sebring this week for a track day i will let you know if the oem brakes have any fade after high speed braking lap after lap if we can get the two questions answered I might be all in the combo to get with the brakes is titanium lug nuts and the highest boiling point brake fuild like castrol rsf or vp this sounds like a great deal if you get the extra 15 percent off

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
^^^
I think you will find the OEM steel brakes will be just fine.

Yes on the Castrol SRF. I swear by the stuff.

In the end, this is just an exercise in weight reduction. After the battery (which is the easiest weight reduction) then comes the expensive items. This is an easy way to loose about 60 pounds.

Look into a CF hood next, then a decklid, then seats, but where does it end?

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I have a few questions on these so with carbon brakes depending on the compound you sometimes have to heat them up to get a hard bite requiring at-least a lap before extreme breaking i wonder if these are like my buddy’s carbon breaks and don’t require the heat cycle maybe thats old technology not sure. Does the pads for the carbon breaks create alot of break dust i have the track pack and haven't seen any break dust yet on wheels. Im all about saving weight and thought about buying a antigravity battery just to shed another 25 to 30 pounds. I saw these brakes Before i bought the track pack unsprung weight is priceless it makes a huge difference in handling im heading to Sebring this week for a track day i will let you know if the oem brakes have any fade after high speed braking lap after lap if we can get the two questions answered I might be all in the combo to get with the brakes is titanium lug nuts and the highest boiling point brake fuild like castrol rsf or vp this sounds like a great deal if you get the extra 15 percent off
Did some digging to be sure I could get you some info. The rotors use a long carbon fiber strand that increases strength, durability, and longevity. Racing brake has also developed specific pad compounds for street and track use. The track setup in particular uses a sintered compound. Along with a specialized coating applied to the carbon rotors, once properly broken in the friction doesn’t occur between the pad and rotor. But more so the pad and the protective coating. Along with the unique venting technology put into the rotor they are better at dissipating heat, and need less energy to stop as a result of the reduced weight. You end up with a rotor and pad combination that will last seasons without replacement. Not to mention less dust.

Like any carbon compound rotor, iron/steel rotor, any engine, or tires it’s best to in get them up to temp for maximum efficiency.

Racing Brake does not only sell the CCB, but they develop it from scratch. The rotor, pad material, hardware, hat, and break in procedures are all developed by them. It is all designed with the vehicles weight and braking system accounted for. They can also service their own components.

For more of a review check out this link to one of their track clients that has been using them for multiple seasons.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=487557&highlight=racing+brake

This is not something off the shelf or built using existing products. As such, I wouldn’t compare it to those setups. This is not something that will disappoint or need replacement for a while.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
^^^
I think you will find the OEM steel brakes will be just fine.

Yes on the Castrol SRF. I swear by the stuff.

In the end, this is just an exercise in weight reduction. After the battery (which is the easiest weight reduction) then comes the expensive items. This is an easy way to loose about 60 pounds.

Look into a CF hood next, then a decklid, then seats, but where does it end?
In lots of eBay listings for the entire interior of your car :)

Sponsored

BillyJRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Carbon Ceramic brakes are not the same as Carbon-Carbon brakes that require a lot of heat to have 'bite'. Carbon Ceramics behave more like traditional iron rotors in terms of cold bite, however they have less thermal capacity than iron rotors and need to be sized larger than an equivalent iron rotor.

The OEM GT500 brakes do not fade, even with stock pads. You aren't going to get improved braking performance from carbon ceramic rotors but you sure can potentially put yourself in a position where the thermal capacity of cc can't stop a 4,100lb car and they fade or fail. On the street i'm sure they'll be fine and reduce/eliminate brake dust while improving steering feel and handling. On track where 99% of owners are 5-10 seconds off the ability of the car, it might still be fine. But brakes are a safety device and should be viewed and treated as such. Until proven, is the reduced weight worth the risk when the GT500 is already one of the most capable and fastest front-engine cars on the planet around a race track?

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
Carbon Ceramic brakes are not the same as Carbon-Carbon brakes that require a lot of heat to have 'bite'. Carbon Ceramics behave more like traditional iron rotors in terms of cold bite, however they have less thermal capacity than iron rotors and need to be sized larger than an equivalent iron rotor.

The OEM GT500 brakes do not fade, even with stock pads. You aren't going to get improved braking performance from carbon ceramic rotors but you sure can potentially put yourself in a position where the thermal capacity of cc can't stop a 4,100lb car and they fade or fail. On the street i'm sure they'll be fine and reduce/eliminate brake dust while improving steering feel and handling. On track where 99% of owners are 5-10 seconds off the ability of the car, it might still be fine. But brakes are a safety device and should be viewed and treated as such. Until proven, is the reduced weight worth the risk when the GT500 is already one of the most capable and fastest front-engine cars on the planet around a race track?
This makes sense to me. I always wondered with an aftermarket carbon disc setup, you could run the risk of increased heat into the other components causing short and long term issues (caliper, hubs, brake lines). I would think it would be better to maximize airflow to the brakes (ducts, hoses) before anything else for a track focused street car.

BillyJRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This makes sense to me. I always wondered with an aftermarket carbon disc setup, you could run the risk of increased heat into the other components causing short and long term issues (caliper, hubs, brake lines). I would think it would be better to maximize airflow to the brakes (ducts, hoses) before anything else for a track focused street car.
The GT500 does not overheat its brakes for an entire tank on track. You don't 'need' to do anything to them. But yes, for a track-focused street car, running brake ducts to the inside of the rotor wouldn't hurt (but not needed).

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
The GT500 does not overheat its brakes for an entire tank on track. You don't 'need' to do anything to them. But yes, for a track-focused street car, running brake ducts to the inside of the rotor wouldn't hurt (but not needed).
That’s great to hear, coming directly from someone involved in the development. I re-read the previous posts and forgot that this discussion was more about reducing unsprung weight than increasing brake performance. I’m looking forward to seeing/hearing the GT500 roar around Sebring this year

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Billy,

I think we all can appreciate your input on the GT500’s braking system. However, You aren’t in a position to cast doubt on Racing Brakes products because you have no first hand knowledge or performance use of them. I’ve encouraged you to contact Racing Brake and have a high level conversation with Warren about is engineering process. He has tons of experience and builds CCB setups for Porsche, BMW, Chevy, Tesla, and several other brands. All of which run successfully, including one of our members JAJ’s GT350.

There are zero grounds that I know of to bring up any type of safety concerns for the CCB GT500. RB’s kits have been tested on the Nissan GTR and Track Hawk which boast a very similar weight and power to the GT500, if not more. Zero issues or concerns.

You bring up an interesting point about the GT500 brakes never overheating in a tank of gas. The few of us that have tracked the GT500 know that it has limited run time due to enormous fuel consumption. You will likely need gas before you ever get to the point of finding out the limit of the brakes, which works as an advantage to the carbon setup as well. These carbon ceramic brake and track pad combination are specifically engineered to have a higher heat resistance and increase longevity.

The Carbon Ceramic Brakes do provide a benefit, otherwise OEM’s such as Porsche, Ferrari, and Mercedes would not have developed them for their top tier cars. They are a higher cost in consumable, but the Carbon Fiber wheels are as well.

I hope that when you reply back to this thread you have actual data or information gained from speaking with Warren at Racing Brake. As opposed to throwing out claims of safety or materials concerns that have no foundation.

Given your racing background I thought you would be more interested in personally testing out a new braking system to see it’s merit, as opposed to scaring everyone into keeping it stock. You did a great job with the engineering man, nobody is trying to take that away from you.

FYI this GTR makes 1124 HP to the wheel. It doesn’t have issues starting, or stopping.

E776DAE7-254D-4432-810D-BFC45B0EB5CA.jpeg
AF5DC08D-6BFF-4315-94EC-4258764681A3.jpeg
DC11EA61-EC68-4C3E-BE35-54520F920355.jpeg
7F17F396-137B-4E3E-9380-2A574213FA15.jpeg
B79F583E-096B-4D3F-A1D2-885FF409FC06.jpeg
Sponsored