Sponsored

Easy entry problem

eli.krahulec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
So, last year my 2015 GT burnt the wire on the heated seat module. Days after warranty was up. No biggie, I'm a HD Mech so I bought the harness and did the update.

Ever since, the easy entry/exit and memory is nfg. The selection in the dash is blacked out, and the memory buttons on the door are decorations.

Any suggestions on what the issue might be?
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Did you ever check the fuse for the heated seats? It probably runs that stuff as well

OP
OP

eli.krahulec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Heated seats work now, with the updated harness. Just the memory function

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Are you 100% sure that all the pin locations lined up between the old and new harnesses?

EDIT: Did you enable the feature on the information display screen?

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
So, last year my 2015 GT burnt the wire on the heated seat module. Days after warranty was up. No biggie, I'm a HD Mech so I bought the harness and did the update.

Ever since, the easy entry/exit and memory is nfg. The selection in the dash is blacked out, and the memory buttons on the door are decorations.

Any suggestions on what the issue might be?
You said “did the update”. By just changing the harness or was there a flash update as well? Sounds like you May need a software fix if the dash has that section blacked out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

eli.krahulec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Ford didn't mention there being an update when I picked up the harness.

The selection is blacked out on the screen.

I have read the manual 3 times, there is no dedicated fuse for memory seats that I could find. There is for the climate control module, but cc works on them. I'll run forscan again and see if anything comes up.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Are you 100% sure that all the pin locations lined up between the old and new harnesses?

EDIT: Did you enable the feature on the information display screen?
Also OP, are you 100% sure the harness’s are the same. Just thinking there may be a difference in the NON easy entry/exit vs the easy entry/exit version?? Your blanked/blacked out screen is a clue. Kinda like it’s not sensing the option.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Also OP, are you 100% sure the harness’s are the same. Just thinking there may be a difference in the NON easy entry/exit vs the easy entry/exit version?? Your blanked/blacked out screen is a clue. Kinda like it’s not sensing the option.
Good call out. Easy Entry requires memory seats. There could be different harnesses or different pin location within the harness.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Good call out. Easy Entry requires memory seats. There could be different harnesses or different pin location within the harness.
Yeah, just a guess. But when ya don’t know, ya never know :question::question:

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Also OP, are you 100% sure the harnesses are the same. Just thinking there may be a difference in the NON easy entry/exit vs the easy entry/exit version?? Your blanked/blacked out screen is a clue. Kinda like it’s not sensing the option.
I would go with this, Get ford to double check the part number they gave you. I have gotten parts form ford before and it looked the same but was not. Because two cars from the same year can have different part numbers for the same thing due to options.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

eli.krahulec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
The connector I picked up from Ford, was identical aside from the wire coloring and 1 extra wire. The solution to the burn-up issue is to add double 12V+ feeds into the Heated Seat CM from the same feed source (the pins on the HSCM won't support the current). The wires were a beautiful all black, white dotted mirage. I went into Ford vs buying the amazon part number as I wanted to ensure it matched the VIN.

I very carefully cut 1 wire at a time, joining it to the new harness to not make a mistake. I may pull the module out to ensure the pins are there and all contacting.

Bikeman315 I recently had the entire interior removed to add kilmat to the floor. If it wasn't seated correctly earlier, it would be now.
Sponsored