Sponsored

Rear end kicking out after shifts (A10)

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Does anybody have an idea as to why the rear end likes to kick out to the right when shifting in drag mode at WOT? Particularly on the first few gears. What causes this and what would correct it?
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s a few possibilities: non-symmetrical tire-spin (diff or traction control could be at fault), tires/quality, uneven tire pressures, road crowning/conditions, driver’s error, bad shock(s), and/or alignment (you want toe-in on the rear tires to about 0.12 each and **0 thrust angle**).

I’d look at tires/pressures, diff, and alignment first.

OP
OP
dn1984

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my tire pressures seem to be even within 1psi side to side, but i am going to order some indy 500s today and my sumitomos are pretty worn down so that could be the culprit i guess. i forgot to mention i do have a lot of negative rear camber, and there is about a .3 degree difference side to side. i'm sure the toe isn't perfect either. i haven't found a shop willing to adjust alignment with all stock components. i am lowered on a pedder's ezifit kit so the shocks are fine but this is why my alignment is off in the rear. maybe i just answered my own question

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Does anybody have an idea as to why the rear end likes to kick out to the right when shifting in drag mode at WOT? Particularly on the first few gears. What causes this and what would correct it?
Mine does the same, thanks for asking this question

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
my tire pressures seem to be even within 1psi side to side, but i am going to order some indy 500s today and my sumitomos are pretty worn down so that could be the culprit i guess. i forgot to mention i do have a lot of negative rear camber, and there is about a .3 degree difference side to side. i'm sure the toe isn't perfect either. i haven't found a shop willing to adjust alignment with all stock components. i am lowered on a pedder's ezifit kit so the shocks are fine but this is why my alignment is off in the rear. maybe i just answered my own question
My car's suspension is stock. Tire pressure is fine and have plenty tread. What would be some of the first mods to help this issue. I was looking at Steeda IRS alignment kit with BMR's cradle lockout kit. I was hoping for some good Memorial Day sales, but they are disappointing this year.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah any small change in grip from alignment (or tires) can cause the car to prefer to kick to one side.

so mods to fix it would be go get an alignment. That’s it.

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
Mine does the same. Magnified by the very firm upshift pressures set by my tuner AED. 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd will chirp tires and sometimes even activate traction control and cut power on WOT and on S mode.

I think Kelly Aiken of BMR once mentioned the cause of this uneven torque distribution that causes drag cars front end to lift higher on one side. I just can't remember the explanation.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Are your Sumitomos summer performance tires?

I had similar issue with pzero neros on the base rims. 235 wide.

I switched to PP rims and tires and the problem went away. PZero summers aren't the greatest but they hook well when warm and on dry nice days.

OP
OP
dn1984

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are your Sumitomos summer performance tires?

I had similar issue with pzero neros on the base rims. 235 wide.

I switched to PP rims and tires and the problem went away. PZero summers aren't the greatest but they hook well when warm and on dry nice days.
yes they are summer performance tires and their newest compound. i'm getting indy 500s put on tomorrow though since the sumitomos are worn down (not bald) so will see if traction is any better
Sponsored