Sponsored

changing my Eco-boost engine for a Gen 3 Coyote 10 speed in a 2015 chassis, it is the first one?

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition
Hello folks!! I am new in the forum but I have been the owner of this EcoBoost mustang for more than two years, It was always fun to drive, it moves very well, it had bolt-ons, you know the basics: JLT CAI, Mishimoto charge pipes, intercooler, full exhaust system, catless downpipe, tuned by palm beach dyno and the car moved pretty well ... until one day it decided to fuck up!! it turns out that the turbo shaft came apart completely, letting a sufficient amount of oil pass to the cylinders and something was damaged and now it sounds a pretty strong knocking, like something really bad happened internally, so i always wanted a Coyote engine but in that time i was not ready to pay the extra $10.000 for one of those! Now, everyone will wonder, why don't I just fix this and hand it over for a GT! Well, this car is very modified with many hours of work and a lot of history since it was at SEMA, CES, California shows, Florida Shows, a lot of winner prizes, a IG page, it is a 50 year edition with only 35K miles, and so on.. if you want to check my Instagram page (@theredmus) you will figure it out why is not easy to replace it!!

so i spoke whit a lot of people from the industry and they told me that this is possible, pretty expensive but possible, so i went to my friends of DF Performance here in Miami area and he told me "hell yeah, it is possible, let's do it" so i just want to share this process with all the Mustang community and get help from everyone when i will need it, also i will post the complete process in my YouTube channel: "Diego Certified" in English and Spanish (i'm Colombian) so i was looking for someone that already did this before and i did not found anything like this (GEN 3 with 10 speed swap in a 2015 ecoboost mustang), so i have almost everything ready to start with this project and i am very exited to get it on!!

wish me luck guys and thank you for the support me following me in my YouTube channel and Instagram!!
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
The reason it isn't done is because you are better off repairing the car you have, return it to stock and sell it and by a 5.0. I realize what you already have into the car, but I would return it to stock and use what you can from the old car.

That being said...good luck. Your project should be fun to watch.

Dave

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
The reason it isn't done is because you are better off repairing the car you have, return it to stock and sell it and by a 5.0. I realize what you already have into the car, but I would return it to stock and use what you can from the old car.

That being said...good luck. Your project should be fun to watch.

Dave
yeah i feel you, i was in the same track but lets face it! what agency or dealer allow to you take a new or used car and let you swap everything from the old to the new which it will take at least 3 days to do it and not to mention where they let you do it... outside of the dealer? inside in there facilities? i do not think so! also the history of this car is irreplaceable, so in this case is easier just found a donate car from an auction or buy all the parts that you need... sounds crazy but at the end may worth it!

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Sell the car, cut your losses, and buy a 2018+. Much easier!

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Would love to see this! Go for it!

Sponsored

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
Sell the car, cut your losses, and buy a 2018+. Much easier!
in this case is not easy trust me!! lol, i already did the math and is not that bad!!

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Remember that the Gen 3 Coyote Mustang GTs will have many other upgrades or different components compared to an ecoboost Mustang aside from the engine and transmission. Some off the top of my head: entire exhaust system, driveshaft, rear differential, radiator, oil cooler, front springs, half shafts, K-member, sway bars, chassis tuning/bracing, brakes, etc. Others are probably the harness and ECU (although I'm not sure on that one). While you're at it, add a ported '18 intake (by Bret Barber at Airflow solutions) and long tube headers with catted mid pipes to the new car. Might as well do that while it's being worked on. Those items can run on the stock Ford tune.

Also consider updating to the 2018+ Mustang GT rear valance so you can use the quad tips that the Gen 3 comes with; although probably not necessary as you could probably simply use a 2015-2017 Mustang GT catback.

When do you expect to physically start the work? Good luck in your project and keep us posted here.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Sure, almost anything is possible. A jet engine can be put into a car if you have enough time and an almost endless supply of money. I applaud you for doing this unique project, but you better have DEEP pockets. The figuring you did cost-wise to do this can without a doubt be higher than you think, and get out of hand, . . . . .quickly.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
i bet you can spend the same money on a badass fox body with gen 1 coyote swap and T56 INCLUDING a clean donor car, and keep your ecoboost. just a thought

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
it's ON!!!
Make sure you get engine, transmission, PCM and all harnesses or else you’re dead in water. Let me know if you have any tech questions.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
in this case is not easy trust me!! lol, i already did the math and is not that bad!!
Unless you have done the math for every problem you're going to run into coupled with labor and additional parts you need, you'll be over half the price of a brand new 2018+ GTPP1. I get the chassis has sentimental value but this is something that I had to learn to let go of. It's an object, not a living being. In the end, it will never truly be a GT and you could save a lot of money by starting fresh and not dealing with a project. But after all, it's your money and your time.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
keep the eco, fix it, then buy a 5.0. Easy as that. This is not the 60,70,80, or early 90s where a motor swap is cost effective, unless its a similar set up just bigger. We are in the 21st century, you have computers, electronics, and more crap than one wants to deal with. Now, if you had something like an 05 to 09 body style or what not and just wanted to do the swap to a 5.0 and it was gonna be plug and play, go for it. These are too new to be doing or justifying the cost of an engine swap. I mean, unless you have a wrecked 5.0 fall into your lap with a complete motor, trans, computer, and what not I wouldn't even bother trying. Once you get the 5.0 engine and trans, what about brakes, and I don't even know what else is different on the eco's. Rear ends maybe? I mean, I am not going to try to down your mission and what you want to do, however, at the end of it all it's going to be cheaper to keep the eco and buy a 5.0. Your money though. Have at it.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Unless you have done the math for every problem you're going to run into coupled with labor and additional parts you need, you'll be over half the price of a brand new 2018+ GTPP1. I get the chassis has sentimental value but this is something that I had to learn to let go of. It's an object, not a living being. In the end, it will never truly be a GT and you could save a lot of money by starting fresh and not dealing with a project. But after all, it's your money and your time.
I truly believe when labor is factored in its going to be cheaper just to buy a 2018 or a 2020. He said a shop said yeah they could. Well, hell yea the shop is going to say they can, that's money. People forget this part of the business. Also, I seen the story of a Ferrari motor in a mustang. Diesel motor in a camaro, Diesel motor in a charger. Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it.

Airborne5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Better off returning to stock. Unless you have a wide body kit with the fenders cut out it WILL BE EASIER to return it to stock. I returned a Focus ST to stock in 2 weeks (working on it after work) including a full turbo swap on jack stands.
Sponsored