Tom4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
S550
Dear friends,

actually I have no problem with my Mustang 2018 GT V8 - Europe edition but I would like to set permanently exhaust valve position to Track mode.

There is not a problem to select it, but I have to do it every time I start the engine. It always reset position off the exhaust valve to Normal mode once I turn off the car.

Is there any way how to permanently select exhaust valve to "Track mode" position?

I already checked the manual, but nothing found.

Many thanks for help and I wish you all the best.
Sincerely Thomas
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Is there any way how to permanently select exhaust valve to "Track mode" position?
No. The car will always start in Normal mode.

You can set up a MyMode with the exhaust in Track. Then, after hitting the Start button, you reach to the right (to the left if you're in the UK) and blip the mode selector up two times. Takes all of 2 seconds.

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
Radically, but you can mechanically decouple exhaust butterfly valve from actuator and permanently block the valve in fully open position.
I don't know if car diagnostics would trigger any alerts in this case.

Last edited:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Radically, but you can mechanically decouple exhaust butterfly valve from actuator and permanently block the valve in fully open position.
I don't know if car diagnostics would trigger any alerts in this case.
They have this for those who decide to go to a non AE aftermarket exhaust, this is practically a AE delete item?

https://www.americanmuscle.com/awe-active-exhaust-valve-motor-bracket-2018-gt.html?utm_content=Exhaust - Other|AWE&T5_Var4=405139&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&utm_campaign=AMM+Mustang+Brands+Medium&T5_Var3=blue&intl=0&dialogtech=ppc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxaWcuIfG6QIVZQnnCh34VArqEAQYASABEgIj2vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Radically, but you can mechanically decouple exhaust butterfly valve from actuator and permanently block the valve in fully open position..
This would work, but why would you spend the money on a AE system and then kill it? Don't get the AE and change the exhaust with the money you would have spent.

Sponsored

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
^This is true.
But OP already has the car and AE came with it.
We don't know the circumstances about his decision to have AE or not.
It's there and he doesn't like to switch the modes.

The exhaust change (aftermarket axle back) remains an option, but it's significant additional cost.

OP
OP

Tom4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
S550
Guys, many thanks for info!

I am really happy that I am part of this community.

Wish you safe miles and happy day :)

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
IM not complete sure but in my adventures with forscan I think you can turn it off the active exhaust but not select a start mode. but im not positive i just seem to think i remeber seeing somehting about it.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
This would work, but why would you spend the money on a AE system and then kill it? Don't get the AE and change the exhaust with the money you would have spent.
All European GTs are sold as PP1 models with a 3.55 and trac-lock instead of 3.73 Torsen, tech package (parking sensors and driver aids), and active exhaust as standard. Unfortunately, we cannot buy the much cheaper base spec GTs.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
IM not complete sure but in my adventures with forscan I think you can turn it off the active exhaust but not select a start mode. but im not positive i just seem to think i remeber seeing somehting about it.
The first thing I do after starting is g. To exhaust setting.then I do HVAC,adjust radio,put on seat belt,put it in sport mode and drive.it can't take me 4 secs to adjust exhaust to track.
All European GTs are sold as PP1 models with a 3.55 and trac-lock instead of 3.73 Torsen, tech package (parking sensors and driver aids), and active exhaust as standard. Unfortunately, we cannot buy the much cheaper base spec GTs.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Iā€™m really surprised there isnā€™t a way to ā€œForscan itā€ to make the AE be Track Mode active 24/7/365....

So what is diverting it back to ā€œnormalā€ after shutting down the car, just the mere fact that it is not ā€œsavingā€ the setting?

I mean when someone chooses an exhaust mode, there has to be a parameter being set in the modules to force the mode from its ā€œnormalā€ mode into XYZ mode... and with that said, someone has to find a hack in Forscan to change so to fake the modules into thinking the AE is always on Track Mode.

I donā€™t know how many of you have seen this thread, but M6G member @Cdnspeed is very savvy and is designing some really cool things....
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/simple-gt350-active-exhaust-setup.138833/

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Both me and my wife are also in the camp of going through the controls to put exhaust in ā€˜track modeā€™ nearly every time we start. But putting in quiet mode when slink in after midnight is also nice. I would love for an option to be able to start with track exhaust.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, isn't it always in Track Mode when car is shut off? :p valves are open full when car is off.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The A10 cars at least I believe are with 3:55 Torsen diff. The 15-17 was with trac-lock

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure if the actuator is registering any resistance from the spring. If not one can simply remove the spring between the actuator and valve and fix the valve in open position from up top where the spring sits.
Sponsored