Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
So my buddy and I installed the LTH recently. Did a "cruise" with some appropriately social distanced car buddies. Lots of goodness out..... Mercedes AMG GTR, Lotus Evora, various Porsche, Hellcat Redeye wide-body, C7 Z06, etc.... About two hours of driving on twisties with speeds that required 5th gear I'll leave it at that.

Lots of chance to use and hear the difference with the LTH and stock. Short review is it's AWESOME. I would say 20-30% louder is fairly accurate. By no means would I call it obnoxiously loud it's just right. I'd say stock is say 2.5 of 5 loud this is probably 3 or 3.5 out of 5 with 5 being "Holy Shit" loud and 1 being average sports car loud. For reference my catless, Borla ATAK Hellcat is 6/5 loud. It's stupid loud. This is nowhere near that.

The tone, sound, rasp pick your adjective...is to me much like the stock just turned up and with some smile producing add ons. For example the rolling burbly pops it now produces are great. Under deceleration with light throttle it burbles and burbles. Rev matched down shifts are FANTASTIC.

Performance wise no loss of power, no loss of throttle response or speed and in fact much to my surprise it feels like it produces more torque down low which is great. That honestly surprised me and I wouldn't believe it either unless I drove it....and well I did. Other than low end torque I'd say performance is overall the same.

For 178 bucks shipped ya can't go wrong. I ordered from Lethal Performance and got it two days later. Had no idea LTH is right down the road from me in SC lol.

I'll try and get some video in the coming weeks. Today was about the drive and required driver focus. Installing Lethal Perf X pipe on my buddies this week to. So try to produce some side by sides. Just be patient we are under lock down remember. :)
I just ordered the LTH from Lethal. I expect that I will love the sound, but if not it isn't that much money and I can move on to the Corsa. Will update this thread once it has been received and installed!
Did you guys install the Lethal LTH H-pipe yet?

Im curious because Id like to do a resonator delete. Think only problems I heard with the LTH pipes from Lethal is that you get drone at around 1k and 3k rpms.

Also what specific model of the Lethal Performance Resonator delete pipes are you talking about? Im on the website and I see three different options I think the ones you guys are talking about is the T304 model. I heard people saying that the diameter on them is 2.75 which is like stock but the website says they are 3"

Is it this one?
https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...-stainless-steel-resonator-delete-x-pipe.html
Sponsored

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
Did you guys install the Lethal LTH H-pipe yet?

Im curious because Id like to do a resonator delete. Think only problems I heard with the LTH pipes from Lethal is that you get drone at around 1k and 3k rpms.

Also what specific model of the Lethal Performance Resonator delete pipes are you talking about? Im on the website and I see three different options I think the ones you guys are talking about is the T304 model. I heard people saying that the diameter on them is 2.75 which is like stock but the website says they are 3"

Is it this one?
https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...-stainless-steel-resonator-delete-x-pipe.html
I have the LTH pipe. It's 2.75 inch vs the Lethal performance which is 3 inch which my buddy got. Both sound great. LTH sounds to me like a GT350R. OEM sound but louder and with more pops and burbles. Lethal sounds good but is a deeper tone. I prefer the LTH and it's less expensive. Both are T304 I believe and I was able to find it for 176 dollars. Can't remember from where sorry but google away. The link you provided is to the lethal performance not the LTH (long tube headers brand) . Here is the one I have.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/lth-fdrd00002t-resonator-delete-for-16-19-gt350.html

I did not get video before I installed headers. For the price you absolutely cannot go wrong. Cheapest best mod you can do in my opinion. Also there is zero drone at any RPM and it's an X pipe not an H pipe.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I have the LTH pipe. It's 2.75 inch vs the Lethal performance which is 3 inch which my buddy got. Both sound great. LTH sounds to me like a GT350R. OEM sound but louder and with more pops and burbles. Lethal sounds good but is a deeper tone. I prefer the LTH and it's less expensive. Both are T304 I believe and I was able to find it for 176 dollars. Can't remember from where sorry but google away. The link you provided is to the lethal performance not the LTH (long tube headers brand) . Here is the one I have.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/lth-fdrd00002t-resonator-delete-for-16-19-gt350.html

I did not get video before I installed headers. For the price you absolutely cannot go wrong. Cheapest best mod you can do in my opinion. Also there is zero drone at any RPM and it's an X pipe not an H pipe.
Can you use exhaust mode on you GT350? If you drive on 'normal' exhaust mode does it sound loud? I'd like to have a quiet mode while driving around my neighborhood.

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you use exhaust mode on you GT350? If you drive on 'normal' exhaust mode does it sound loud? I'd like to have a quiet mode while driving around my neighborhood.
Yes, absolutely. The valves are in the rear of the exhaust. Even on my car with long tube headers with the valves closed it's quiet as stock and neighbor friendly.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
This guy walked into muffler shop and ask for resonators delete which they did for $90 with straight pipes. The sound is the same as installing x-pipe from known manufacturers. I'm thinking to do the same thing with my GT350.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks. I'll go with that. I really like the way the R sounds.

By the way have you heard of the shiftteck resonator xpipe? It's about the same price and people say that it sounds like the R too. I'll definitely go with the LTH xpipe but was wondering if you or anybody knew the difference between the two. I couldn't find any clips on Youtube with the LTH xpipe

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110

By the way have you heard of the shiftteck resonator xpipe? It's about the same price and people say that it sounds like the R too. I'll definitely go with the LTH xpipe but was wondering if you or anybody knew the difference between the two. I couldn't find any clips on Youtube with the LTH xpipe
I'm in the group of about 12 GT350s. Most have resonators delete with x-pipes LTH, Lethal Performance, B-LIne, Shiftech or just welded straight pipes. And they all have similar raspy sound with popping and cracking. I found local exhaust shop who's cutting resonators and installing straight pipes instead buying x-pipe. He quoted me $160 all together.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the group of about 12 GT350s. Most have resonators delete with x-pipes LTH, Lethal Performance, B-LIne, Shiftech or just welded straight pipes. And they all have similar raspy sound with popping and cracking. I found local exhaust shop who's cutting resonators and installing straight pipes instead buying x-pipe. He quoted me $160 all together.
Okay thanks. So it doesnt really matter then, they all sound the same.

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only thing I wonder with welding in straight pipes is you lose the "X-Pipe" portion that both the factory resonators and aftermarket deletes have. I seem to recall people who just straight piped experienced drone....could be wrong. For 180 bucks an no welding I'd go LTH and I did. Love it. Easy to remove, swap, etc if you wanted. Weld in pipes and hate it and your going back to the muffler shop. Also muffler shops vary widely in their skill level and what kind of pipe they use. I'd apply the ol' K.I.S.S. principal and buy the simple solution. Easy install just need a saw zaw.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Only thing I wonder with welding in straight pipes is you lose the "X-Pipe" portion that both the factory resonators and aftermarket deletes have. I seem to recall people who just straight piped experienced drone....could be wrong. For 180 bucks an no welding I'd go LTH and I did. Love it. Easy to remove, swap, etc if you wanted. Weld in pipes and hate it and your going back to the muffler shop. Also muffler shops vary widely in their skill level and what kind of pipe they use. I'd apply the ol' K.I.S.S. principal and buy the simple solution. Easy install just need a saw zaw.
The OEM X-shape is already there before resonators, only cutting off resonators and welding in straight pipes instead. In my case the straight pipes made of T409 stainless steel. As for the price, if I go with say LTH(T409 steel) it would cost me $200 + installation $100. With straight pipes the cost $160 out the door. This shop is doing custom exhausts for years and I checked his work done for the other guys with GT350 and I like it, sound and craftsmanship wise.

Sponsored

TX State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack

I just put my shiftech x pipe on this past weekend. It is louder and I do love the sound. My only complaint is in some RPM ranges you do get kind of a tiny sound that some other people have reported. Not a huge deal it’s just the only negative I can give it.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
So, just replaced resonators with straight pipes welded. The sound doesn't changed the note from the original, just make it louder(but not too loud) producing popping and burbling. I didn't noticed the droning either. Oh, and no additional clamps, it's cleaner this way. I like it so far. Good $160 spent IMO.
IMG_0547.jpg

Last edited: