Sponsored

Steeda 2020 Shelby GT500 Billet Aluminum Vertical Links with Delrin Bushings 555 4130

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Video states the GT500 links are shorter than other S550 mustangs. But just want to be sure that the Steeda GT500 links are the same size as the stock GT500 links just stiffer materials? correct?

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Video states the GT500 links are shorter than other S550 mustangs. But just want to be sure that the Steeda GT500 links are the same size as the stock GT500 links just stiffer materials? correct?
That is correct.

TJ

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the factory ones rubber?

Sponsored

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not really but let me explain. I only have 800 miles on the car and have been modifying it here and there both inside and out. I decided to order the following parts from Steeda and I installed them all at the same time because it is easier that way since they are all in the same area and most need to have the rear subframe dropped: billet vertical links, IRS rear subframe support braces, IRS bushing support system, IRS subframe alignment kit, rear differential bushing insert system and the front 2-point G-trac brace.

I can tell you there is definitely a difference in the way the car feels like it is more connected in the rear and it should be after installing everything. While they say there is no additional NVH, there is a slight amount of noise and vibration (hear the rear end wine a bit and vibration at particular RPM's) but nothing objectionable as I would not tolerate it if it was bad. My friend drove it which had driven it several times before and said exactly what I felt, which is that it feels more like a muscle car instead of a cruiser.

IMG_1263500.jpg
IMG_1264500.jpg
IMG_1265500.jpg
IMG_1267500.jpg
IMG_1261500.jpg

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really but let me explain. I only have 800 miles on the car and have been modifying it here and there both inside and out. I decided to order the following parts from Steeda and I installed them all at the same time because it is easier that way since they are all in the same area and most need to have the rear subframe dropped: billet vertical links, IRS rear subframe support braces, IRS bushing support system, IRS subframe alignment kit, rear differential bushing insert system and the front 2-point G-trac brace.

I can tell you there is definitely a difference in the way the car feels like it is more connected in the rear and it should be after installing everything. While they say there is no additional NVH, there is a slight amount of noise and vibration (hear the rear end wine a bit and vibration at particular RPM's) but nothing objectionable as I would not tolerate it if it was bad. My friend drove it which had driven it several times before and said exactly what I felt, which is that it feels more like a muscle car instead of a cruiser.
Yeah i was thinking of doing the same but waiting till i actually got the car in my hands, cause at this point you truly never know what might happen. Still haven't went through all the pieces from Steeda, BMR, and others to determine what i like the best. Did you get jacking rails?

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No, I had them on the RS but did not have the lift. Now that I have the lift I just use the jacking points at the pinch welds and use the Quick Jack pinch weld blocks.

IMG_1324500.jpg
Sponsored