Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
That is the "thing" to do now. It happens frequently here in Houston too. They "take over" intersections and do donuts and even stopped traffic on one of the freeways to do this. It just isn't the Mustangs here though...its a mix of them all.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
City of Atlanta just arrested 44 people, impounded 29 cars and wrote almost 130 tickets last night.
There have been a minimum of 3 incidents, two shutting down interstates and one a major downturn intersection since the first of the year.
Glad they've finally started doing something about it.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I saw some Hellcat Challengers at 2am doing drag racing on my way home from work, glad I was in the opposite traffic lane with a concrete jersey barrier between me and them going the other way after smoking tires.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Back in my day we just street raced in very quiet areas away from people and cars. Industrial areas, neighborhoods just being developed but not occupied, back roads, late highway runs.. etc. Illegal? Yeah. Big difference when you’re with like minded buddies and no one wants to go to jail or harm anyone else versus what these twats do.

This trend is so stupid. My favorite is when someone f’s up and plows into another car and the rush of brainless sardines run over screaming “OOOOOOO SHYT OOOOOOO SHYT” and immediately surround the scene.

Stang5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt 6759
I am with you shifting gears ! We went to an old country road at 3am and raced a farmer with a 68 dart GTS that was so well warmed over he spanked me many times . No one around no traffic just a few guys looking for bragging rites . I am glad I grew up in the 60s and 70s shall I say more in small town Canada

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Houston is about to get serious on them with Texas DPS. I would not want to be at the next one here. They are watching all social media and planning on setting an example at the next one of everyone there. I mean everyone. You might beat the wrap but you won't beat the ride.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am with you shifting gears ! We went to an old country road at 3am and raced a farmer with a 68 dart GTS that was so well warmed over he spanked me many times . No one around no traffic just a few guys looking for bragging rites . I am glad I grew up in the 60s and 70s shall I say more in small town Canada
Yeah - things were different even a few years ago. My “prime” was 04-2012 or so for all those shenanigans.

Now we can all just blame social media lol.

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
City of Atlanta just arrested 44 people, impounded 29 cars and wrote almost 130 tickets last night.
There have been a minimum of 3 incidents, two shutting down interstates and one a major downturn intersection since the first of the year.
Glad they've finally started doing something about it.
Came here to post this. Definitely think it's a case of cabin fever all around that are making people get a bit more crazy than usual.

The thing that irks me is that apparently it was organized as an Atlanta vs Detroit thing and while the out of towners get to go back where they came from at the end of the day, anyone in the Metro area with even a lightly modified car now has a target on their back and is left to deal with the aftermath of this

I know we always have our fair share of hooning but it's getting a bit out of hand with all of these interstate shutdowns and mass public disturbances just so people can have their 5 seconds of fame on instagram.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Houston is about to get serious on them with Texas DPS. I would not want to be at the next one here. They are watching all social media and planning on setting an example at the next one of everyone there. I mean everyone. You might beat the wrap but you won't beat the ride.
oooh...this'll be interesting! Hopefully there's good video of them all getting busted.

The other night there was a huge meet in the IKEA parking lot. Donuts galore. So much tire smoke people on 10 thought something was on fire.

One of the videos showed a Charger doing donuts and some clown is walking closer to him for a better filming view (its all about the Gram baby!) and the Charger's ass end whipped around and caught ol' buddy flush and threw him about 10FT.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Came here to post this. Definitely think it's a case of cabin fever all around that are making people get a bit more crazy than usual.

The thing that irks me is that apparently it was organized as an Atlanta vs Detroit thing and while the out of towners get to go back where they came from at the end of the day, anyone in the Metro area with even a lightly modified car now has a target on their back and is left to deal with the aftermath of this

I know we always have our fair share of hooning but it's getting a bit out of hand with all of these interstate shutdowns and mass public disturbances just so people can have their 5 seconds of fame on instagram.
It's more than cabin fever as it started well before the virus hit.
It started here a couple years ago with roving bands of 50 to 200 4-wheelers and motorcycles shutting down streets, including the interstate, and terrorizing neighborhoods. Then, late last year I think, it started with cars.
I hadn't heard about the Detroit vs Atlanta thing yet. If the city is going to crack down then they absolutely should impound out of town cars too.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah... Agree with all the above.
I was just having this convo with a friend the other day. Car enthusiasts already have a "bad name" in the general population, because of the driving fast, aggressive, street racing, etc. - and it's worse when we see people in Mustangs just reinforce not just the car enthusiast bad rep, but then layer on the Mustang rep on top of that.
Sponsored