Sponsored

Steeda Mustang Clutch Spring Assist and Spring Perch Kit 555 7027 (Review)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Check out the latest video review & overview of the Steeda Clutch Assist.

Sponsored

DSNOD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
My spring just arrived last week. I would have just bought the assembly.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Dave,

Did you know know about the assembly kit when ordering? Let me know if you are interested in the perch & I can have sales run the numbers.

Best Regards,

TJ

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I will confess I broke one of the ears off the factory perch when i was removing it. I was able to put the broken bit against a blind flat on the clutch pedal arm so that it remains captured, but had I done more damage, I would have gone for the Steeda perch.

DSNOD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Hi Dave,

Did you know know about the assembly kit when ordering? Let me know if you are interested in the perch & I can have sales run the numbers.

Best Regards,

TJ
Yep, I didn't know it was available- let me know what the delta is. Probably worth just getting it....My car has been getting paint fixed so The spring is still sitting in my foyer...

looking forward to the spring, have jacking rails going on too. Little by little :)

thanks TJ
Dave

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
My Steeda spring and perch have long arrived, but the car has not been produced yet, and it probably won't be in the near future. It should have been on its way to Belgium already. Damn the Chinese with their stupid flu! :curse:

Last edited:

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
My spring just arrived last week. I would have just bought the assembly.
If you're aware that the perch is fragile and install the new spring carefully, all you need is the spring. That's what I did, and it's been working fine for a couple years now. I'd say only order the whole kit if you're prone to breaking things.

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
Just installed this on my 19 Bullitt and it makes such a difference to me. I had no problem using the factory one but I did feel less connected to the vehicle and not as confident when shifting. After installing the Steeda Clutch Spring and Perch it solved that problem. Crazy looking at the springs when they are side by side.

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Easy install but yes you need to be a bit careful with the stock perch. I just got only the spring assuming I could use the existing perch. Standing on my head on the floor looking at the situation, I could see how easy it would be to break that stock perch. Just be careful and you won't have any problems. Took me maybe 15 minutes including laying head first on the floor checking out the situation. Strongly recommend swapping that 150 lb spring out to the Steeda 35 lb. Huge difference. First manual transmission I drove that I have to admit I had issues with. I am so use to feeling that clutch engage and that 150 lb spring takes that away. I spun the tires in the dealer's lot on my first test drive. a 435 HP car with a manual transmission and you can't feel the clutch engage. That did not impress the Ford sales guy.

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
Easy install but yes you need to be a bit careful with the stock perch. I just got only the spring assuming I could use the existing perch. Standing on my head on the floor looking at the situation, I could see how easy it would be to break that stock perch. Just be careful and you won't have any problems. Took me maybe 15 minutes including laying head first on the floor checking out the situation. Strongly recommend swapping that 150 lb spring out to the Steeda 35 lb. Huge difference. First manual transmission I drove that I have to admit I had issues with. I am so use to feeling that clutch engage and that 150 lb spring takes that away. I spun the tires in the dealer's lot on my first test drive. a 435 HP car with a manual transmission and you can't feel the clutch engage. That did not impress the Ford sales guy.
Removing the stock one was an issue for me as my spring was spun around enough that I could not get pliers on to compress the spring. Ended up just forcing it off as I was planning on using the upgraded perch. The stock one did break a little bit on the side but wasn't planning on using it anyways.

Sponsored

17gt_charlotte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’ve had the steeda clutch assist spring for about three months now. I ordered just the spring, not the clutch assembly. I had no tools to help get the spring off so I went to Lowe’s and got a pair of needle-nose vise grips for $15. With the vise grips I had no issue getting the stock spring/assembly out. Overall I spent about $40, would have been around $90 if I had gotten the assembly, too. I would only recommend getting the spring if you are confident you can get the stock assembly out without damaging it, otherwise get the entire assembly. For a daily driving experience, this is Steeda spring is a must-have. 10/10

txpat3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue PP1 5.0
I bought the Steeda clutch spring immediately after purchasing my car but for some reason waited months to install it - don’t wait! It really made the car more enjoyable to drive!

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Plus ... we have a few more hours left to save :)

MemorialDaySale-homepageBanner.jpg
Sponsored