Some guys seemingly tried to steal my 19 GT

ireminisce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Earlier this week, I caught on my cameras two guys trying to get into my car. But it seemed like they knew exactly what they were doing. I drive a manual, and I usually leave it turned to the curb (old habit), and they knew to go into the wheel well and disconnect the horn right inside. It was around 3am, and thankfully I was awake because even if the alarm tripped I wouldn't have heard it. When I got a hold of my key fob and hit the alarm button, they ran off, but of course there was no horn which is how I realized they disconnected it. When the cops came we saw what they did. At the moment I hit my alarm, my cameras took an automatic picture, and it seems one guy was trying to get into the door handle's key slot where you can pop it open to get a key in to open the door.

So this means my car was targetted clearly, but my question is, if they were able to get in, would they have been able to even drive off with it? I have the Enhanced Security Package as well for what its worth. We keep our keys in Faraday pouches in the house and away from the door. So do you think these guys were just trying to get in and steal stuff or would they have been able to get the car even without duping my keys? My logic is, if they had been able to duplicate my keys, they wouldnt have had to go through all that trouble, so they were trying to get in the old fashioned way. Should I be worried about thieves of this level trying to get my car? I dont care if they are able to get in, I keep literally nothing in my car (and less than nothing due to the pandemic, I'm not driving much). Is there anything I can do to rest easier on this?
4f2683e4-eed3-4509-bc89-5d5c51afb33d.jpg
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Have you had your car serviced recently? This is sometimes how a car gets targeted, unscrupulous lot boy/techs that can get your personal info. There's no way they were just trying to break in, they knew too much about the Mustang specifically and anyone trying to steal your shit would just break the window anyway. My guess? They want your engine...badly. Apparently there's none available anywhere due to COVID so it's probably worth a good bit of money.

As for if they could have driven it away? Most likely. It's amazing what these thieves can do these days when they know how the security backend works. All they need is physical access to the OBD port and the right electronic tools.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Unfortunately if someone wants it bad enough they'll get it. I keep my keys in the Faraday pouch as well. I also make sure my wheel is cocked sideways so there is no option to smash a window and roll it on a trailer quick/ quietly. And I know its old school but I club the mustang every night. If someone has the right tools stealing your cars signal could happen anytime.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
No guns at home?

Sniper rifle on a tripod at the ready......

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
No guns at home?

Sniper rifle on a tripod at the ready......
Exactly! Because nothing says don’t take my mustang like murder! Pew pew

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Why are people driving 19 GT’s (40-50k cars) that cannot afford to have them in locked and secured garages to begin with...? lol.

Like seeing the kid driving around a new kia stinger gt with a Dominos pizza delivery billboard on top of the car. Smart people.

AGM2018

Exactly! Because nothing says don’t take my mustang like murder! Pew pew
It isn't, nor will it be, "Murder." Have you ever heard of, "Thou shalt not steal." If these thieves, or any thieves, try to steal anything from me, I have no issues punching their ticket "to the the other side." If everyone would do so, and thus do a little "house cleaning" of these vermin, much of this type of behavior would cease. Once criminals and thieves realize they stand a high probability of dying for their criminal activity, they will think long and hard about engaging in it. YMMV

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Why are people driving 19 GT’s (40-50k cars) that cannot afford to have them in locked and secured garages to begin with...? lol.

Like seeing the kid driving around a new kia stinger gt with a Dominos pizza delivery billboard on top of the car. Smart people.
Second job while they're stuck at home due ro covid or parents' car. There's also plenty of areas that have a much higher cost of living and, as such, pay more for a lot less. It could also be like my friends situation where he lives with his gf and her friend. All three have nice cars so they rotate the garage/driveway spot. One car is stuck parked in visitor parking overnight.

Or they could have my mindset (my car is in a garage but none-the-less) where, if there's one thing they want to have in life at all times, it's a fast sports car.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It isn't, nor will it be, "Murder." Have you ever heard of, "Thou shalt not steal." If these thieves, or any thieves, try to steal anything from me, I have no issues punching their ticket "to the the other side." If everyone would do so, and thus do a little "house cleaning" of these vermin, much of this type of behavior would cease. Once criminals and thieves realize they stand a high probability of dying for their criminal activity, they will think long and hard about engaging in it. YMMV
You'd have nice ticket to jail. I guess you don't follow law. Some states have a defense law, but you have to physically be in danger and be threatened. Stealing a car would not fit into that. Criminals don't care about getting shot, killed or caught on camera. They really don't care about anyone let alone their own lives. That's why they do the stupid things they do.

Sponsored

AGM2018

While it would indeed be nice if all expensive cars, and not just mustangs, could be garaged, that IS NOT the point. Thieves have no legal or ethical right to steal a car, or anything else for that matter, regardless of the car's location, i.e. outside or in a locked and secured garage. The point is that thieves need to be dealt with in a harsh manner; no more "Mr. Nice Guy." If a thief tries to steal from you...make sure it is their "last unlawful act on the planet." It is high time we the people (because we know the criminal justice system isn't doing it) begin to deal with those who break the law with no regard to the property, safety and lives of innocent people. I for one, have ZERO issues with sending this type on their trip out of this world. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
There is not a single state in this country (and many have really messed up laws) where this explanation would send you anywhere than straight to jail. Posting things like this on a public forum is also completely ignorant and clearly shows why not everyone should own a gun.

AGM2018

You'd have nice ticket to jail. I guess you don't follow law. Some states have a defense law, but you have to physically be in danger and be threatened. Stealing a car would not fit into that. Criminals don't care about getting shot, killed or caught on camera. They really don't care about anyone let alone their own lives. That's why they do the stupid things they do.
It depends on what state one resides in and the states interpretation of the "Home Castle Law." In Most "Blue States", you might be right. But, it "Red States", is an unwanted perpetrator is on your physical property and you perceive them to be a threat, the homeowner may defend themselves AND their property. Dead men tell NO TALES. I will take my chance to "Judged by 12, rather than carried by 6." Be assured, if someone comes on my property at 3 AM...uninvited and I perceive them to be a threat, it WILL NOT turn out well for them. I have every right to protect myself, my family and my property...and I WILL DO SO!

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust

i hope you were joking.. cause thats gotta be one of the most ignorant things i have read on here yet.. and that includes the off-topic forum

AGM2018

There is not a single state in this country (and many have really messed up laws) where this explanation would send you anywhere than straight to jail. Posting things like this on a public forum is also completely ignorant and clearly shows why not everyone should own a gun.

Again, incorrect. The interpretation of the "Castle Law"...i.e. defense of one's domicile and property, is up to the state. In most "Blue" and liberal states, you might have a point. But in "Red" and conservative states, you don't. it is all how the law is interpreted by the law and the courts. Perhaps if the "Blue States" interpreted the law differently, crime would decrease. And for what is worth, my family has had members in law enforcement, legal and the military for the last four decades. And your comment "that not everyone should own a gun", in my opinion, clearly shows why they should: police can't be everywhere, all the time. The further along in time this nation goes, the crime rate will only increase. If citizens want to be safe, ultimately it is going to be up to them...and not law enforcement.
Sponsored