Sponsored

2015 Ecoboost suspension build and problems.

Ryanjhardy90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Looking to build my suspension and the steps I should take. I like the drop on the Eibach sport line. Should I do everything at once? Handling is the most important thing to me in a vehicle. Also I just had my differential replaced and I'm still hearing noise and VERY low speeds, turning in parking lots, out of my driveway.. I only hear the noises when the car is cold. Replacing the differential has minimalized the noise tremendously and the vibrations are gone but why do I still get a rubbing noise after spending $1800??!
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If handling really is the most important consideration for you, Sportlines are not going to be your answer. Just because a lowered car "looks more race car-ish" doesn't mean that it'll behave more like one. Better to find this out now before you regret spending any more money.

Norm

OP
OP

Ryanjhardy90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Okay, please help me find a guide to building the proper suspension or guide me in the right direction. I am a first time sport car owner and coming from a motorcycle background. I just want to enjoy my twisties and hopefully a race track one day. But I do want the best I can get out of the cars handling even if I have to do it in stages.
♥✌

OP
OP

Ryanjhardy90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I did a search for suspension guides and got nothing sooo..

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Okay, please help me find a guide to building the proper suspension or guide me in the right direction. I am a first time sport car owner and coming from a motorcycle background. I just want to enjoy my twisties and hopefully a race track one day. But I do want the best I can get out of the cars handling even if I have to do it in stages.
♥✌
OK, that establishes a performance goal. What about everyday ride quality? I'm getting that you don't need either a base or a MagneRide comfort level, but do you think that GT350R-ish would be acceptable? Firmer still? Shocks and struts are going to be key, just as I suspect damping is on a bike (riding is too far in the past for me to remember much about it any more).

Even professional advice is available (look at this thread). . . . on edit - your turn to find the 'Submit' button first, eh Brian?

Norm

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'd recommend hitting up @Brian@BMVK Ryan. Hey! Another Ryan! lol

But seriously hit him up. Learn right away what took me several years to learn. Work smarter not harder. Brian has the tools, the knowledge and expertise to set you up, making you love your car again.
There's no sense in spending a lot of money only to get it wrong. You're not alone. A LOT of people do this.

IMO you need to revamp your setup entirely. Those sportlines are not doing you ANY favors and is making your handling worse. Suspension is a system that needs to work together to function properly. Anything less and you're going to be unhappy. Be willing to accept what you don't know and learn more about it.

OP
OP

Ryanjhardy90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
As far as comfort goes no I do not need a stock comfort level, and I don't have the sport lines I was just looking at them because of the drop appeal. The only thing I've touched on the car is a new differential and engine mounts. Thank you for the help so far!

I accept that I have no knowledge of cars and am reading daily in hopes to become educated!

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hi Ryan, You can contact Jamie Bell our auto cross SCCA champion for suggestions, he is in charge of our Ecoboost program. He can be reached at 954-960-0774
The car turned a 1.18.at the Firm in North Florida.
FullSizeRender (002).jpg Eco - Boost.jpg
file1.jpeg S550 DUAL RATE.jpeg

OP
OP

Ryanjhardy90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
OK, that establishes a performance goal. What about everyday ride quality? I'm getting that you don't need either a base or a MagneRide comfort level, but do you think that GT350R-ish would be acceptable? Firmer still? Shocks and struts are going to be key, just as I suspect damping is on a bike (riding is too far in the past for me to remember much about it any more).

Even professional advice is available (look at this thread). . . . on edit - your turn to find the 'Submit' button first, eh Brian?

Norm
What Shocks would you recommend? The Ford Performance track set? Ive contacted steeda as well. And I'm looking into Brian's website, just depends if I want to drop $50.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It seems that four damper names have more or less floated to the top. Ford Performance M-18000-F or Bilstein B6 in non-adjustables, Koni yellows or perhaps Steedas in adjustable.

FWIW, some people have found the Konis to be a bit too hard, at least initially. They do sort of "break in" over time, and it is not known whether the people who have found them to be less than comfortable cranked the adjustment up to far. Even though you'd first assume compression damping to be what's responsible for ride harshness, a too-stiff rebound adjustment can also make for a harsh ride.

I understand this stuff more on a general level; Brian has specific hands-on S550 experience that I lack, which has to be worth something.

Norm

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to build my suspension and the steps I should take. I like the drop on the Eibach sport line. Should I do everything at once? Handling is the most important thing to me in a vehicle.
How far do you want to go?

Also I just had my differential replaced and I'm still hearing noise and VERY low speeds, turning in parking lots, out of my driveway.. I only hear the noises when the car is cold. Replacing the differential has minimalized the noise tremendously and the vibrations are gone but why do I still get a rubbing noise after spending $1800??!
What, if any, mods have you done? How old are your brakes?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It seems that four damper names have more or less floated to the top. Ford Performance M-18000-F or Bilstein B6 in non-adjustables, Koni yellows or perhaps Steedas in adjustable.
Norm
Since most of the people that were running the M-18000-F BMR083 combo switched to Ridetech coilovers. I wonder if switching to coilovers right away is the right option. Sure for street car the BMR combo should be good enough and also it's not super expensive. But from all things that I had read lately the Mustang needs like 450-550 lbs front spring to turn as it should which you just can't get with shocks and springs combo on the market. Which leave coilovers as only option. From what I have read is not advisable to use true coilovers on the back since this moves the spring location and will cause tons of issues.

From most the treads I have read looks like the working combo is:

Coil overs+RollBars+Adjustable Endlinks + Wheels and tires.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Coilovers would be a big step, and it's not yet clear how close to track-only (or track with an absolute minimum of street driving) OP wants to take this car. I'm not yet convinced that coilovers are as durable in street duty, either. If nothing else, coilover damper shafts are not as well protected against the elements.

Norm

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Coilovers would be a big step, and it's not yet clear how close to track-only (or track with an absolute minimum of street driving) OP wants to take this car. I'm not yet convinced that coilovers are as durable in street duty, either. If nothing else, coilover damper shafts are not as well protected against the elements.

Norm
Yeah that with the durability for street use is a big factor since most of the Midrange to High end Coilovers requires expensive rebuild every 1-2 years from what I have read on the subject. So this is a valid considerations. From my understanding if you want cheap and reliable solution the BMR083 combo is the best and closer to the 350R rates as possible.
Sponsored