CFTP install of race pipes 2.85 pulley x pipe palm beach dyno

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There goes the warranty.....

OP
OP
Twisted O CFTP

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
There goes the warranty.....
Tom why not use the car for what its intended for and the full potential ford sales all the same stuff like pulley upgrades race pipes ext they just want the sale of you buying from them and installing it I learned its up to the dealer to say race pipes pulley or tune caused something to go wrong and depending on what the problem is say that part caused it they are looking to keep customers and sales why would a dealer burn u unless there just d@cks

i thought about this all before doing and decided im not a cars and coffee guy or I have a gt500 I wanted to kick ass on the track and have people understand shelby venom is bad ass thats why we waited and paid 20k adm lol my idea is to have fun now when until something newer comes out again thats kick ass

btw i kept 93 pump gas if opening the exhaust and one size smaller pulley is going to break something was already wrong i would say

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Its OK. Its your money. I'm not being critical, just stating the obvious.

We had a member, @jwhite who recently had an unexpected valve let go.... for no reason. I feel that had he heavily modified his car, his warranty would have been denied.

Anytime you flash the PCM, you own any future problems.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Twisted O CFTP

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Its OK. Its your money. I'm not being critical, just stating the obvious.

We had a member, @jwhite who recently had an unexpected valve let go.... for no reason. I feel that had he heavily modified his car, his warranty would have been denied.

Anytime you flash the PCM, you own any future problems.
I was told its how key starts is how they know when u put a tune in so say u disconnected your battery because u travel for work only a ford engineer can see if there was a flash i was told but your point is valid

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I was told its how key starts is how they know when u put a tune in so say u disconnected your battery because u travel for work only a ford engineer can see if there was a flash i was told but your point is valid
They know all about that trick. An inappropriate amount of key cycles vs miles will flag and deny warranty. Doris (woman driven) used key cycles to cover her tune and warranty was denied.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
However, there was a member here who had a tune, blew his engine, warranty was denied, and fought it. He eventually won, but only because he put his money on the line to be on the hook for the costs of an engine teardown to prove his tune wasn't the cause.

That is a very rare story. Usually, warranty denied. End of case.

scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
How much louder did the race pipes make it? Still stock muffler?

I am doing my best to keep my warranty but I love super loud cars. Cat delete usually makes the biggest difference in volume.

OP
OP
Twisted O CFTP

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
How much louder did the race pipes make it? Still stock muffler?

I am doing my best to keep my warranty but I love super loud cars. Cat delete usually makes the biggest difference in volume.
The cat delete you can always swap back to regular its only three bolts as far as sound in quite and normal its not bad at all deeper sound and not to much in cabin very mild in sport and race its full blown race car deep but loud but only when applying throttle the cat deletes were a awesome choice it really sounds different you still get all the crackling and down shift pops on the track it will be awesome it was a very wise choice absolutely no regrets and Im very selective stuff

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
man, he let you go with 2.85? if you did 2.75 youd be at 800 lol

Car look samazing. im sending mine back down there soon as well.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
The cat delete you can always swap back to regular its only three bolts as far as sound in quite and normal its not bad at all deeper sound and not to much in cabin very mild in sport and race its full blown race car deep but loud but only when applying throttle the cat deletes were a awesome choice it really sounds different you still get all the crackling and down shift pops on the track it will be awesome it was a very wise choice absolutely no regrets and Im very selective stuff
Thanks for the feedback. This is the route I'll be going and you are correct. It's your money, enjoy it until it breaks and then make it better. Garage queens are a crappy lay and the true waste of money. As soon as I get my Ford GT I'll mod it too. Are you going to do Flex Fuel or just 93?

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Sorry, I should have clarified, not a new Ford GT, but a 2005. I make good money from investments, but not New Ford GT money. Even though the new exposed carbon fiber Ford GT looks amazing.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, I should have clarified, not a new Ford GT, but a 2005. I make good money from investments, but not New Ford GT money. Even though the new exposed carbon fiber Ford GT looks amazing.
Id be interested in that build.
Sponsored