Sponsored

Noob 2nd hand 2016 GT350 owner saying HELLO!

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Welcome from the crew at Livernois Motorsports!

Beautiful car, thanks for sharing. There are a ton of great threads and helpful members on here. As some of the others have mentioned that upgraded cooler setup is always a great thing to add, especially for guys that plan to really run their cars hard at the track and things of that nature. We also have a phenomenal E85 Flex fuel tune now available for these cars if you are ever looking to add some more performance without making any major modifications to the car. Dollar to horsepower ratio it's one of the best things you can do on these cars in my opinion, and it is easily reversible any time you want to go back to stock in just a matter of minutes. The E85 Flex fuel tune is a true flex fuel calibration where owners can switch between 93 premium and E85 as needed or even run a combination of the two without needing to switch tunes.

Here's a video showing an example of one here on our chassis dyno that picked up over 44 wheel HP on E85. And our Mycal tuners are on sale $100 off until the end of the month and as always include lifetime tuning and support. Feel free to give us a shout if you have any questions or would like to discuss upgrades a bit further and we would be happy to help out!

Sponsored

OP
OP
volcanogod

volcanogod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 350
Welcome from the crew at Livernois Motorsports!

Beautiful car, thanks for sharing. There are a ton of great threads and helpful members on here. As some of the others have mentioned that upgraded cooler setup is always a great thing to add, especially for guys that plan to really run their cars hard at the track and things of that nature. We also have a phenomenal E85 Flex fuel tune now available for these cars if you are ever looking to add some more performance without making any major modifications to the car. Dollar to horsepower ratio it's one of the best things you can do on these cars in my opinion, and it is easily reversible any time you want to go back to stock in just a matter of minutes. The E85 Flex fuel tune is a true flex fuel calibration where owners can switch between 93 premium and E85 as needed or even run a combination of the two without needing to switch tunes.

Here's a video showing an example of one here on our chassis dyno that picked up over 44 wheel HP on E85. And our Mycal tuners are on sale $100 off until the end of the month and as always include lifetime tuning and support. Feel free to give us a shout if you have any questions or would like to discuss upgrades a bit further and we would be happy to help out!

Nice! For now I'll remain stock at least till my extended warranty expires a number of years down the road. At that point I look to have even more fun. :)

OP
OP
volcanogod

volcanogod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 350
I had a really nice thing happen today. The original owner called me this morning and lives about 30 miles away. He stated that he had a bunch of stuff for me like the car cover and a bunch of other stuff as well as pictures of his adventure to get the car which was purchased in Vegas and then delivered to him here. It is awesome to see folks that have owned these cars jump in and help out their new owners. :) Since I had the original title application which was on the documentation shelf it all matched up. Hopefully this Sat I'll head his way to pay him a visit and get all the goodies. I have the 1st 2 supplements already but not the car cover or the wall plaque. I think everyone that drives and loves these cars go the extra mile time and again.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Nice! For now I'll remain stock at least till my extended warranty expires a number of years down the road. At that point I look to have even more fun. :)
Thanks for the kind words!

You could always check in with your dealer if warranty is a concern. We have Ford dealership clients that actually purchase tuners and products from us and install them on their shop and customer vehicles without any warranty issues. But each dealer has their own outlook on things like this, so not all dealers are the same unfortunately.

I'd also suggest to do some reading on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act which states that a dealer must prove that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
The track pack transmissions may be more common now since there have been so many additional model years. If you were to add a trans cooler, I would seriously try to find a good used transmission and go that route. I know 16Kobra moded his, but that was a time where a trans was a much less common thing.

There was a time when Ford subsidized the track pack transmission to tech owners for a song. I think it was a little over $2K. Steve16 had a tech, got the trans, then wound up getting ford to do a buyback on his car. I bought his transmission and it is still sitting in my garage.

Look at ebay, junkyards, auto recyclers, etc. The better way to go is a new transmission with the pump built in.
@Tomster, I know this is an old Thread.

Do you still have the transmission?

Sponsored

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I find it funny that guys with tech cars want to track their cars, and then I see a multitude of track pack cars for sale, and they all say the same thing. Never tracked. Just merely an observation
Probably a lot of ex-club racers like me that have 2016 techs. Club raced a M3 from 2002-2015. Done with open track and racing. Will kick your ass on the street, though. :)

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
In the years I had my 16 Tech Pack and now the 19R, ALOT of people I talk to have no interest in going to the track. Most respond to my question of why did you buy it? Response is they like the sound of the flat plane crank.
Sponsored