Sponsored

What would you have bought if Mustang not came to UK?

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Looked at used Maserati GranTurismo and jag xkr’s before buying the mustang.
As much as I loved the Maserati I think they made the seats were too firm and the engine too Ferrari ish for a real Maserati.

I think it would probably have been the latest Xkr I could have found for £35k as the ride was better and it has much more usable power.

If asked the question now the answer would be a Range Rover vogue SE tdv8 as my needs are no longer compatible with a small (interior) non family hauling vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
For what it's worth, while I'm keeping the Mustang, my next car will probably be the new hybrid Kia Sorento when released in Q4!

Decent size, not restricted to diesel, 7 year warranty and an SUV that doesn't come with a BMW/Audi/Merc badge. Strange that the only car that floats my boat at the moment is a Kia! - apart from the new 4.0 Cayman GTS :)

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Golf R or GTI possibly if I wanted a PCP loaner. Was bitten by the convertible bug when I had a TTRS on loan when my S4 was in with a poorly gearbox...so probably a Boxster if I didn’t have the soft top ‘stang.

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Prob would have either got another sporty Audi or gone the JEEP SRT route lol second hand ones are pretty reasonable

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Anything with a V8.... as long as it wasn’t German

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know they've separated them to 4 doors being M3 and coupe M4 - but buying a 4 door (M3) must be like ordering a burger with extra chilli/cheese and then wrapping it in rye bread.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
was thinking about an M2 but may have kept with the Jap scene and a GTR 33 if decent one found. Prices for R35's not inreasonable but most are on their 4th owner in 10yrs which doesn't sound so good.

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
was thinking about an M2 but may have kept with the Jap scene and a GTR 33 if decent one found. Prices for R35's not inreasonable but most are on their 4th owner in 10yrs which doesn't sound so good.
Yeah. Reasonably easy to acquire but once you get it on your driveway, cue the sleepless nights with every creak and grown and missed shift thinking of 10k rebuilds.

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Yeah. Reasonably easy to acquire but once you get it on your driveway, cue the sleepless nights with every creak and grown and missed shift thinking of 10k rebuilds.
oh I doubt i could miss a shift in the R35 but yes R33 defo miss a shift in that but no worse than the Mustang :) For me the mustang has just that feeling of being in something different and its a V8 US of A muscle car so feck it I thought, I have the chance to own a RHD factory version so I'm doing (did / done) it!

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Ex-Demo AMG C63/s.

However, upon closer inspection, they simply aren't worth the money. I can see where Merc have cut costs on the car and I just couldn't do it.

Someone I know suggested M2, but it's still a 2 series and the sound all BMW straight 6, turbo motors make these days sound poop, imo.

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think an M2 is a great alternative but like you say ultimately it's just another BMW 2 series

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Probably something boring and sensible :puke:

Balloonatic84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Orange Fury - On Order!
I ended up with an M2 Comp after Ford screwed up my Mustang order. Great car to drive but still yearn for the Mustang
Sponsored