Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I traded in my 2015 Mustang GT blind for a GT350 plus $10K ADM since the dealer didn't allow me to test drive until I buy. He said I could return the car within 24 hours and he will tore all the paperwork. However it was the best decision I ever made. I drove home with the biggest grin on my face and never looked back.
Sponsored

Reactions: CD3

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I have a convertible gt vert as well. Great car. But your logic of under 50 mph and the cost difference not being worth doesn’t hold water. By that logic a v8 pony car in any form makes no sense.

For sure. If they were the same cost I'd definitely take the GT350. But I paid $34,000 for my car and have spent $1900 on upgrades so about $36K in the hole. Not sure I'd pay the difference for a GT350 unless I was able to take it to the track where you can really appreciate its advantages over the GT. I only get to drive the GT on roads with speed limits of 50 mph or less 99% of the time so a GT350 just wouldn't be worth it.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
For sure. If they were the same cost I'd definitely take the GT350. But I paid $34,000 for my car and have spent $1900 on upgrades so about $36K in the hole. Not sure I'd pay the difference for a GT350 unless I was able to take it to the track where you can really appreciate its advantages over the GT. I only get to drive the GT on roads with speed limits of 50 mph or less 99% of the time so a GT350 just wouldn't be worth it.

Sorry I laughed at the taking it to the track to experience the difference. Owning both a GT350R and a 2019 PP2, you feel the differences everywhere. It’s unmistakable. The shifts, the handling, on-ramps , etc.. The one place I give the PP2 hands down is everyday driver and being in traffic. Worlds of difference as in much easier to be in bumper to bumper traffic because of the PP2’s low end torque, and you don’t have to worry about speed bumps and dips. But other than those areas, no matter if you are driving to the gas station or going to the track, you feel the difference. I love both, but the GT350R is a completely different animal that borders and enters supercar territory. The GTs and PP2s are amazing but as Ford described them, the PP2 is an enthusiast car, the GT350 is a track day car. If you have the money or if you have a chance to own a 350, it’s worth every penny.

cantdrive55

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R, 96 Viper GTS
Vehicle Showcase
I own a 96 Viper GTS and bought a 19 GT350R about a month ago.

The Viper is fun to drive. It gets lots of attention. It has gobs of torque.

The GT350R is a really special car though. I haven't driven my Viper once since picking up the GT350.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I have a convertible gt vert as well. Great car. But your logic of under 50 mph and the cost difference not being worth doesn’t hold water. By that logic a v8 pony car in any form makes no sense.
You're right, there are times when I wonder why I even bothered to get the car because there's nowhere I can really drive it fast.

And to answer @Wildcardfox as well, the difference between a GT350 and my GT with GT350 wheels and sway bars and 4.09's, on the roads I drive, isn't big enough to make it worthwhile to spend $25K more on a GT350. I'm not guessing, I've driven them both. For the same price of course I'd take the GT350.

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Another opinion..... LOL
I looked closely at the 350, and can afford to own the title. To learn more, stumbled across a picture (sema) of the underside. Man there is a lot going on under there.

Soon realize the 350 is not a practical street car. Lots of good track DNA.
Now that is not a knock, it is more about the routine maintenance required, and I do.

Opted for the GT PP2, and I can tell you this. It is one damn nice car with a shit load of fun power & performance.

Ordered in Nov, delivered last week of last month. Last weekend @ 200 miles I put it up and added the X pipe. The other mode sitting in the den the Roush L1 cold air package .

That will be as far as I go, knocking at the 500 HP door is just fine by be.

Mustang has come such long way, it is an incredible machine today.

Thank you Ford Motor company.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
It would be interesting to know how many GT350 owners have never driven a Mustang GT (PP or not)...
I started with a 13 S197 GTCS and moved to a 13 GT500 and then a GT350. My bud has a 2017 GT automatic no PP. Its a nice car but lacks any real performance. That said it was on the track and comparing it to mine is not a fair comparison. I paid for the performance my 350 has and its worth every penny. People who say its not worth the extra $$ to them don't really belong in one.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
You're right, there are times when I wonder why I even bothered to get the car because there's nowhere I can really drive it fast.

And to answer @Wildcardfox as well, the difference between my GT with GT350 wheels and sway bars and 4.09's, on the roads I drive, isn't big enough to make it worthwhile to spend $25K more on a GT350. I'm not guessing, I've driven them both. For the same price of course I'd take the GT350.
I totally respect the ROI on anyone buying a GT over a GT350. The only challenge that I have for you @Mikepol2 is your reference to the GT350 wheels on your GT. Not that adding the wheels is an issue, it's just that they are heavy and may not make as much difference in better handling as you think. If you go with a lighter wheel and a stickier tire, I believe the difference would bem appreciable to you since you've already done some suspension upgrades.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I totally respect the ROI on anyone buying a GT over a GT350. The only challenge that I have for you @Mikepol2 is your reference to the GT350 wheels on your GT. Not that adding the wheels is an issue, it's just that they are heavy and may not make as much difference in better handling as you think. If you go with a lighter wheel and a stickier tire, I believe the difference would bem appreciable to you since you've already done some suspension upgrades.
I can tell you that I was blown away by how noticeable the increased offset of the GT350 wheels is over the PP1 wheels. Turn-in is razor sharp and cornering much flatter. The sway bar upgrades were not nearly as noticeable. I also had a custom alignment done by a Ford dealer that meets both the GT350 and PP1 specs. With these changes, the outer edges of the front tires are now 35mm farther out on each side than when it was stock, and the rears are 25mm farther out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I bet there’s more that have then haven’t. It seems from the members on this board that most 350 owners were mustang enthusiasts to start. There are quite a few first timers as well though.

It would be interesting to know how many GT350 owners have never driven a Mustang GT (PP or not)...

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars

And to answer @Wildcardfox as well, the difference between my GT with GT350 wheels and sway bars and 4.09's, on the roads I drive, isn't big enough to make it worthwhile to spend $25K more on a GT350. I'm not guessing, I've driven them both. For the same price of course I'd take the GT350.

There’s a lot more difference between the GT350 and a GT than “GT350 wheels and sway bars and 4.09's”—a laundry list more, and you can’t take a standard GT and make a GT350 by adding parts. I’m an automotive journalist and speaking to the Ford engineers who designed the car even the chassis has differences.

What I would say is this... the difference between my PP2 and my GT350R is that I could easily daily drive the PP2. Never having to really worry about where I go or where I leave it, the 350R, the lowest car that Ford makes, I have to map out where I go because dips and speed bumps are akin to the Antichrist in that car—avoid them at all costs.

I think this thread shouldn’t devolve into a GT vs Shelby debate where some say, “I saved money or my GT is basically a Shelby sans a few parts” the parts thing is not correct and the money is not the reason for these and other cars. You don’t buy a Porsche GT3RS/GT2RS or a Viper or a Hellcat because of economics or sensibility, you buy it because of the joy of the car. They are unpractical cars that for most are not daily driven. They are fun cars that you enjoy life in—day at the track, Fun road trip, or just a trip around town.

Both cars are great, which is why I own both, but they are not the same and to any person who’s never been in a Shelby, I encourage you to search one out. They’re amazing. If you can’t get one or if you don’t want one, the GT is an amazing car, but they’re not the same. Completely difference cars in every area.

7BAC836B-5874-48A2-A417-F79691C6ED93.jpeg

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
There’s a lot more difference between the GT350 and a GT than “GT350 wheels and sway bars and 4.09's”—a laundry list more, and you can’t take a standard GT and make a GT350 by adding parts. I’m an automotive journalist and speaking to the Ford engineers who designed the car even the chassis has differences.

What I would say is this... the difference between my PP2 and my GT350R is that I could easily daily drive the PP2. Never having to really worry about where I go or where I leave it, the 350R, the lowest car that Ford makes, I have to map out where I go because dips and speed bumps are akin to the Antichrist in that car—avoid them at all costs.

I think this thread shouldn’t devolve into a GT vs Shelby debate where some say, “I saved money or my GT is basically a Shelby sans a few parts” the parts thing is not correct and the money is not the reason for these and other cars. You don’t buy a Porsche GT3RS/GT2RS or a Viper or a Hellcat because of economics or sensibility, you buy it because of the joy of the car. They are unpractical cars that for most are not daily driven. They are fun cars that you enjoy life in—day at the track, Fun road trip, or just a trip around town.

Both cars are great, which is why I own both, but they are not the same and to any person who’s never been in a Shelby, I encourage you to search one out. They’re amazing. If you can’t get one or if you don’t want one, the GT is an amazing car, but they’re not the same. Completely difference cars in every area.

7BAC836B-5874-48A2-A417-F79691C6ED93.jpeg
Not sure how I can say this more clearly but I'll try again...

I've driven both.

The GT350 is superior.

For the limited opportunities I have to drive my GT, an extra $25K is not worth it to me for a GT350 even though I could buy one. If I can't approach the limits of my GT, I don't see any reason to buy a car with higher limits.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Not sure how I can say this more clearly but I'll try again...

I've driven both.

The GT350 is superior.

For the limited opportunities I have to drive my GT, an extra $25K is not worth it to me for a GT350 even though I could buy one. If I can't approach the limits of my GT, I don't see any reason to buy a car with higher limits.

It's not a thing about being clear, it is exactly how I said in my last post which was responding to your previous post... "If you don't want one", which you are saying that you don't then cool—it is not for everyone and you cannot drive it in every situation like a GT. But just like I mentioned before where you mentioned a few parts difference between the two cars, that is not the case. Have a great Saturday.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Another opinion..... LOL... Soon realize the 350 is not a practical street car. Lots of good track DNA.
Now that is not a knock, it is more about the routine maintenance required, and I do...
If you’re not tracking the GT350, I don’t see any more routine maintenance needed than a GT. I change my oil every 5 to 6000 miles, or once a year and clean the air filter. There may be a few more items that need to be done long-term, but what car doesn’t? As far as it not being a good daily driver, I would wager if there was a pole taken, the majority of the GT350 owners would disagree, including me.
Sponsored