Sponsored

super cheap s550 brembo upgrade

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Found a complete Brembo set W/ brake lines and rotors for $400 and $60 shipping on line.
Great. Why did you quote me when I am asking about not finding the correct caliper item number on car id?
Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I seriously want to do this upgrade, just don't know if the new stuff will fit under stock 19" GT/CS wheels. There's only about 1/2 inch clearance between the wheel and the caliper now. OP, how much room did you have with the factory 4 pot calipers?

FWIW, there is no reason not to use remanufactured calipers. The housings don't go bad unless they get so corroded the bores can't be refinished. That doesn't happen with aluminum calipers.
They will fit as long as you have 19s.

The calipers are about the same width has the stock 4 pot ones, but they are longer.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I guess I was confused as to the fit since there are all these threads about PP wheel fitment issues...

Sponsored

Bmt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Could you please let me know if the 19" 2018 Black Accent Package wheels will fit over the Brembos?

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Great! Thanks!

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
just curious if the PP cars have different or longer brake hoses for the Brembo brakes? I reused mine from the base 4-piston brakes and they look like this at full steering turn..
I don't have any leaks though and the brake fluid in the pics is before i cleaned up

20200329_143826.jpg

20200329_143916.jpg

20200329_144010.jpg

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
That does not look good. Can the steel line be tweaked a bit to relieve it?

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
That does not look good. Can the steel line be tweaked a bit to relieve it?
That's what I would try and do. If that steel part of the line would be straight I would think it would have more room.

Now keep in mind, once the wheel is on and back on the ground. The line will have stress relived.

Last edited:

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
That's what I would try and do. If that steel part of the line would be straight I would think it would have more room.

Now keep in mine, once the wheel is on and back on the ground. The line will have stress relived.
I reused the hose lines from 4- pistons and put them in the same orientation as before. This is only at full turn of steering wheel either side. It's been 2 weeks since i did the upgrade and haven't noticed any isssues. However that's something that was on the back of my mind, so wanted to ask if it was the same for everyone else? Or if i have to get PP brake hoses.

Thanks

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I reused the hose lines from 4- pistons and put them in the same orientation as before. This is only at full turn of steering wheel either side. It's been 2 weeks since i did the upgrade and haven't noticed any isssues. However that's something that was on the back of my mind, so wanted to ask if it was the same for everyone else? Or if i have to get PP brake hoses.

Thanks
Yeah, the times are few that you'll be at full lock steering and full extension on the suspension... I'm picturing the Duke Boys or something like that. Although there is never a good time to tear a brake hose loose, the worst time is when the shit is hitting the fan. If the metal part of the hose end won't bend out several degrees, I would look at getting some braided stainless brake hoses for the Brembo calipers from any number of suppliers - or stock replacements at the very least.

OP
OP

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
just curious if the PP cars have different or longer brake hoses for the Brembo brakes? I reused mine from the base 4-piston brakes and they look like this at full steering turn..
I don't have any leaks though and the brake fluid in the pics is before i cleaned up

20200329_143826.jpg

20200329_143916.jpg

20200329_144010.jpg
i think you have the line installed wrong. the error is at the attachment to the caliper via the banjo bolt. it supposed to head INWARDS towards the caliper bolt before taking a 90 deg turn straight up. yours heads outwards i think. see pic
s-l1600.jpg

also i noticed you need to tap the pad retaining pins in until they are flush. yours are sticking out some

Last edited:

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
For those of you that have done this, what do you think of the pads? My previous car was a '15 PP and I loved the initial bite of the OE pads. I want that type of feel but I'm not in love with the $200+ price of the OE pads. What pads did you go with and what do they feel like?
Sponsored