Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 CONFIRMED in Leaked Ford Document!!!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Torque is over-rated. It's ok for pulling things, but power is a measurement of how quickly a vehicle can accelerate. Torque you can get through gearing, but there's no substitute for power.

If you threw away smog regulations you could have a great 7.3 with awesome high winding characteristics. The only problem is you can't throw away smog regulations (and I wouldn't want to). For a classic car the engine you are describing sounds awesome. I just don't think pushrod engines are as great when all the modern regulations are accommodated. The Coyote wouldn't have to increase by much in size to get the displacement for 600 + HP.
I am pretty sure we have had this discussion before. But I do not think you understand torque.

Torque is the measurement of how quickly a vehicle can accelerate. Matter of fact, the torque curve IS the rate of acceleration (in any gear). Horsepower is a Calculus derived from work done, over time.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I am pretty sure we have had this discussion before. But I do not think you understand torque.

Torque is the measurement of how quickly a vehicle can accelerate. Matter of fact, the torque curve IS the rate of acceleration (in any gear). Horsepower is a Calculus derived from work done, over time.
Engine torque does not have a relationship to the rate of acceleration of a vehicle. That's why 1/4 mile calculators use HP. You can't actually calculate how fast a vehicle will accelerate using engine torque.

Torque at the wheels IS meaningful, but I don't think you were talking about that. It's a long way around to calculate how much torque your tire is exerting on the pavement versus just using engine HP.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
As fast as you can press the accelerator.
It could take a very long time. The engine I'm thinking of makes 1,000 ft lbs of torque at 1 rpm and it would take over 2.5 minutes to finish the 1/4 mile in a 4,000 lb vehicle. How accurate was your "calculation" of 1/4 mile time based on engine torque?

Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
It could take a very long time. The engine I'm thinking of makes 1,000 ft lbs of torque at 1 rpm and it would take over 2.5 minutes to finish the 1/4 mile in a 4,000 lb vehicle. How accurate was your "calculation" of 1/4 mile time based on engine torque?
Well as horsepower is a function of rpm and torque we can math the answers with a little work.

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo 2014 Mustang GT
One for the standard GT, the other for the Mach 1, which leads me to believe the Mach 1 is going to be a bullitt with a few cosmetic changes and no hideous green paint.

Hey I like the green!

Radguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kia Stinger, 2018 Kia Sedona
No "calculation". Just a general statement.

Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
No "calculation". Just a general statement.
On top of the homepage note from autoblogger, Matt goes on a bit of a rabbit trail:

Edit: But I don't know if Mordern Ford is "smart" enough to do this.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll post it in this thread as well

https://www.expressen.se/tv/ditv/motor/har-ar-varldens-mest-salda-sportbil/

In this video(dated 29th of Aug 2019) regarding the Bullitt in a Swedish magazine they have the communications manager(I believe from Ford Sweden) start saying at 02:13 when answering the question "will the Mustang alway be this timeless"

His answer "yes I believe so. we will find our ways going forward and we are following the technical evolution and development with regards to emissons regulations and electrifying cars amongst other things"
He then says "we will alwas find a way forward with the Mustang"

Then the reporter asks "when will we see a Hybrid Mustang and how will that impact the V8 rumble"

He then responds with "within a couple of years there will be a car avaialble in the market and the V8 rumble is one of the main treats with the Mustang and we will of course keep that in one way or the other. Exactly how this will be done I cannot share at the moment...."

Last edited:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Np

How much of what the guys says will happen we'll have to see :D. In the begining of the clip he explains the difference between the Bullitt and the regular GT where at one point he says "it has stronger brakes" ...... Not comment on that from my side :p

Thank you for providing the translation :like:

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
If it’s not April fools, the “Mach 1” will share 1FA6P8R with the anniversary.

If it's a ~530 hp 5.0 with some parts PP2, PP1, and GT350 aero, Magneride, and an A10, that'll be a sweet, quick ride. Just don't use Cup 2s. Use the MPS4S, but wider in front and back than PP1, but staggered unlike the PP2. Something like 275/35/R20 in front, and 295/35/R20 in the rear. I'd prefer not to have 305s all around.
It the Mach 1 is this and I can get it in a decent color, that just might be the one that would convince me to unass my anniversary. Have to see it first though.
Sponsored