Sponsored

Trading in a 2018 10spd for 2020 6spd

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I am living proof of this. Absolutely hate my manual but it's paid off so I am forcing myself to keep it.
My 15’ GT mt82 was a pos. I hated driving that car. Did all the upgrades. Steeda spring, MGW shifter, BG Synchro shift fluid and stainless steel clutch line. Was going to swap the mt82 to a magnum but traded the car. It was so notchy the car was aggravating to drive.
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
If you want to drive manual and the subject is not debatable you have your mind set, let me give you an advice and try to opt for a gt350 instead to get a better trans to begin with and a really special character car.
Helios gets it... truer words could not be spoken!
The GT350 transmission is great... with the flat planed crank and resonator delete, you can not get enough of rowing through the gears.
I have a 718 Cayman with the PDK which is quicker in all categories... I have put 200 miles on the 718 since I bought the Shelby in August. The Shelby now has 8200 miles... I just can't stop driving it due to the man/machine interface with the manual AND the exhaust note.
For every mile I have driven the 718, I have driven the Shelby 41 miles.

Last edited:

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
My 15’ GT mt82 was a pos. I hated driving that car. Did all the upgrades. Steeda spring, MGW shifter, BG Synchro shift fluid and stainless steel clutch line. Was going to swap the mt82 to a magnum but traded the car. It was so notchy the car was aggravating to drive.
Love that front end. Got anymore pics?

Yea I am trying to hold out but that A10 is calling for sure.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
I have a 2018 royal crimson PP 1 2018 10spd with an Atak catback and steeda lowering springs.
Got the car in October 2018 I own around 28-29k on it. I pay 540 a month and put a decent amount down on it. Has anyone bitten the bullet and traded for a manual? Did you regret it? Thanks
when you trade in your car can I have your exhaust :cwl:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to drive manual and the subject is not debatable you have your mind set, let me give you an advice and try to opt for a gt350
hard pass on the extra 20 grand on a GT350 when you can buy the Tremec at retail for $4000 and get it installed for probably another thousand.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Don't, all the manual are flooding market and none wants to buy them for a good reason.
How many of those are the original MT-82 and how many are the newer MT-82-D4 (2018-up)?

Weak point of the car mt82 sucks and a10 annihilate you on a drag race.
I'll give you that the MT82 seems to have had more than its share of problems if you'll give me that "being annihilated in a drag race" is quite the overstatement (and doesn't matter to everybody).

Yeah, the GT350 would be a decent option, but it's not looking good for this choice to remain much longer.

Norm

OP
OP

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
when you trade in your car can I have your exhaust :cwl:
I’m gonna hold up on that idea of a trade in lol especially now and get a used stick 2017 and mod the shit out of it...... if you want some mbrp axle backs I’m your guy

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
I’m gonna hold up on that idea of a trade in lol especially now and get a used stick 2017 and mod the shit out of it...... if you want some mbrp axle backs I’m your guy
I mean if urging them away hahahaha

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Have a feeling people were missing the fact that the original MT82 gearset was more suitable for some uses than the later MT82-D4 gearset that replaced it.

Norm

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Have a feeling people were missing the fact that the original MT82 gearset was more suitable for some uses than the later MT82-D4 gearset that replaced it.
agreed. I have the D4 and I almost never use 6th unless I'm mindlessly trundling down the interstate for extended amount of time.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
and a10 annihilate you on a drag race.
Why do flappy paddlers think stick shifters care about that tenth of a second - instant coffee isn't alway better!

This video perfectly sums it up and this is against one of the best autos in the business - the Porsche PDK.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Why do flappy paddlers think stick shifters care about that tenth of a second - instant coffee isn't alway better!

This video perfectly sums it up and this is against one of the best autos in the business - the Porsche PDK.

Because it's easy to make numbers look larger than another set of numbers. 12.40 looks much better than 13.85. Just like 12.4 looks better than 12.8 when visualized but we are trained to use metrics to benchmark almost everything. Some people just get caught up into it but much. To me the only people who should be concerned about a difference of only a few seconds are legit racers.

Having a good number of friends who do list drag racing, it's amazing how hard those guys hunt down milliseconds. The cost is insane and sometimes I found myself caught in the numbers game but I've felt that it is hard to enjoy a car if all you're worried about is being faster than everyone else...

When I see someone say something like it's SO MUCH FASTER and we are talking a second or two I just laugh.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Yep. Manual + well-sorted Sports Coupe = driving nirvana. I'd never trade my "crappy" MT82 for an auto.
Sponsored