Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 CONFIRMED in Leaked Ford Document!!!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
they're in a quandry right now as to how and where to unveil it.
simple, in front of Ford HQ. 10 journos in a ring at even 6ft spacing (boxes painted on the ground) and they get 30 seconds at each station and after a full loop, the next batch of journos are allowed to enter the ring. All the rest is done via film crew at distance. No millions to rent a convention center or the logistical hassles entailed.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Wel, I'm probably in the minority, but I wouldn't mind some sort of Hybrid. Cost would be a big factor though. If Ford could keep the cost between a PP2 and GT350, I'd be all over it.

Combine the big torque possibilities of the electric and the high revving motor, where do I sign?!
Absolutely this ^^

As much as a dislike the Mach E (for being a "suv"), making the Mach 1 a hybrid ties the two Machs together in terms of electric technology. The hybrid discussion had gone a bit quiet, so I'm glad its been bought up again :like:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
So the money I will need to fill my post lottery winning garage with Mustangs in 2021.
2021 GT500
2020 Bullitt
2020 GT350
2021 Mach 1
And Yes a 2021 Mach E because Ford says it's a Mustang

And Other Fords
2021 Bronco
202? Ranger Raptor
2021 Raptor
202? Bronco R
2020 Ford GT or 2021 if still in production

That should cover my Ford fix.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
If the Mach 1 goes hybrid, I'm putting in my order for a 2020 GT350.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Because one of them (Mach 1) will likely be a hybrid, but they don’t want to give that away yet.
Wel, I'm probably in the minority, but I wouldn't mind some sort of Hybrid. Cost would be a big factor though. If Ford could keep the cost between a PP2 and GT350, I'd be all over it.

Combine the big torque possibilities of the electric and the high revving motor, where do I sign?!
I had a chance to speak with Tim Kuniskis (FCA Performance Car Chief) at an event just before Woodward Dream Cruise. He was telling me and John McElroy that FCA was going to “electrify everything”. I asked if that meant we should expect to see hybrids on all levels of Hemi? He said yes and started to talk about the performance potential of electrification. There are already 48V Mild Hybrids on the 5.7 in Ram pickups. I took his statement to mean that performance engines (6.4L, 6.2SC) will get hybrids.

If Challenger and Charger get hybrids, no reason Mustang wouldn’t. Plus Ford has already said there will be a Mustang Hybrid. They just haven’t said it would be a Mach 1. That’s my own forecast.

Sponsored

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
simple, in front of Ford HQ. 10 journos in a ring at even 6ft spacing (boxes painted on the ground) and they get 30 seconds at each station and after a full loop, the next batch of journos are allowed to enter the ring. All the rest is done via film crew at distance. No millions to rent a convention center or the logistical hassles entailed.
I would love to see them do something more grass roots, like either Carlisle (which I still don't believe will happen, even though it's on the books still) or at SEMA, or Woodward. I think any of those would be a great way to appreciate the enthusiast.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Many younger people see the cars from original muscle car era as old fashioned, etc. Those of us older folks owned and remember those cars fondly. The 1971 Mustang was super hot. The 1971 SCJ 429 was one Ford's fastest Mustangs. But since it came too late with smog stuff, many don't remember it. Along with the end of manufacturers promoting drag racing. The 385 series (429-460) engines were serious performance engines. I owned a 1970 429 CJ Torino. The 429 engine was available 3 ways. 360, 370, and 375 HP. The 429 SCJ was a radical engine for it's time designed to give the LS 454s a run for their money.
When I was in High School in the mid 80's I worked as a busboy. The cook in the restaurant owned a red/black stripe '70 429 SCJ 4spd Torino... dual quad tunnel ram and a rowdy cam. I would make sure I was out back when he left most nights to hear that beast. That car did a lot to solidify my love of fast cars and Fords in particular.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The chart is WRONG. The Bullitt engine is "0" code, not the same code as the GT. It IS the same code as listed as the upcoming Mach 1. Look at the VIN on any Bullitt. It's a "0", not an "F":
Also its a 307 not 302..

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
My best friend's Dad bought him a brand new 1971 351C 4bbl Mach 1 in that Grabber Blue. It was, and still is a cool car. My opinion.
Probably one of the fastest non-big block cars Ford made during that era.
And, I agree, the Boss 351 didn't get to respect it deserved. It was a very fast car for its engine size. Those were called the 335 engines as the 429-460 were called the 385 series. On my 429 CJ you could literally put your hand in the cylinder head intake ports. Huge valves. An amazing canted valve engine evolved from the Boss 302 heads. Just too late in the game.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Also its a 307 not 302..
Ford website says 302. It's their football, they can call it what they want. And for anyone who remembers the Chevy 307, that name will never stick.

Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
I had a chance to speak with Tim Kuniskis (FCA Performance Car Chief) at an event just before Woodward Dream Cruise. He was telling me and John McElroy that FCA was going to “electrify everything”. I asked if that meant we should expect to see hybrids on all levels of Hemi? He said yes and started to talk about the performance potential of electrification. There are already 48V Mild Hybrids on the 5.7 in Ram pickups. I took his statement to mean that performance engines (6.4L, 6.2SC) will get hybrids.

If Challenger and Charger get hybrids, no reason Mustang wouldn’t. Plus Ford has already said there will be a Mustang Hybrid. They just haven’t said it would be a Mach 1. That’s my own forecast.
This is a topic the car community will be discussing more and more within the next 10 years til it’s beyond mainstream. The next generation of car enthusiasts (for the most part) are readily open or don’t care (gas vs electronic) as long as it’s creates power. Plus if it’s environmental friendly. What has to happen is to create a big enough infrastructure to handle the usage of what’s to come. The seed needs to be place else we’ll have the horse before the cart and be in a world of hurt. I’m young enough that I’m convinced I’ll see the next chapter (full electric) units and a infrastructure to handle such causes. Part of me is excited because it’s going to spur so much new and innovative ideas, technology, and features. But as someone who grew up wrenching on carbs, I am pretty content if we stopped at fuel injectors and e85 tunes.... for the sake of the environment ;)

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
If Ford were to put the 7.3 liter V8 Godzilla engine in the new Mach 1 , I would get excited. If not, the new Mach 1 would fail to charm me. So far Ford has failed to make a Mach 1 more exciting than my 1971 429 SCJ with the Ram AIR ,close ratio 4 speed trans, and 4:11 rear gears with the Detroit locker.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So far Ford has failed to make a Mach 1 more exciting than my 1971 429 SCJ with the Ram AIR ,close ratio 4 speed trans, and 4:11 rear gears with the Detroit locker.
that customer base is largely already resting in a pine box. The world has moved WAY past any of that being of interest. If you haven't noticed the Mustang is a handling car (ok, debatable) along the lines of the M3 of yore, and not a so narrowly focused as to be useless in all other disciplines drag strip machine. Sounds like you're looking for a COPA car just with a Ford roundel on the hood.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
If Ford were to put the 7.3 liter V8 Godzilla engine in the new Mach 1 , I would get excited. If not, the new Mach 1 would fail to charm me. So far Ford has failed to make a Mach 1 more exciting than my 1971 429 SCJ with the Ram AIR ,close ratio 4 speed trans, and 4:11 rear gears with the Detroit locker.
A car with absolutely zero details besides it’s name, and no released performance metrics is failing to charm you. I just need to point this out.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
that customer base is largely already resting in a pine box. The world has moved WAY past any of that being of interest. If you haven't noticed the Mustang is a handling car (ok, debatable) along the lines of the M3 of yore, and not a so narrowly focused as to be useless in all other disciplines drag strip machine. Sounds like you're looking for a COPA car just with a Ford roundel on the hood.
A 7.3 big block Mach 1 bumped to 530 HP or so would sell rings around a "track car". There are still many of us "dinosaurs" roaming the earth who eat small mammals in driving gloves and scarfs.
Sponsored