Project6gr Five spoke r spec rims gt350 - issue

angels2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
2016 voodoo, 2015 gtr
Ive had them for about a month and a steering wheel wobble/vibration started immediately after installation. Thought it needed re balancing. Done it three times. Thought it was tires, swapped them out with new ones. Do not think its breaks/rotors, wobble/vibration started immediately after replacing the rims. Checked the PSI, no issues. Checked for any metal clips stuck on the studs, nothing. Properly torqued.

Running 19x11 in front and 19x11.5 rear.
Vibration/wobble happens between 30-65mph. Goes away after.

Anyone ever experience this? How did you take care of the problem? Might just have a bad wheel?
Already did the break clean up about 3k ago to take care of all the dust/break noise. It just comes back. Currently at 12.5k miles.

Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I had no issues with them but it is obviously the wheels... take them to a specialized place where they can check for rotation... I would just ditch them.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Ive had them for about a month and a steering wheel wobble/vibration started immediately after installation. Thought it needed re balancing. Done it three times. Thought it was tires, swapped them out with new ones. Do not think its breaks/rotors, wobble/vibration started immediately after replacing the rims. Checked the PSI, no issues. Checked for any metal clips stuck on the studs, nothing. Properly torqued.

Anyone ever experience this? How did you take care of the problem? Might just have a bad wheel?
Already did the break clean up about 3k ago to take care of all the dust/break noise. It just comes back. Currently at 12.5k miles.

Any help is appreciated!
Absolutely not. I've had my 19x10 and 19x11 5-spoke Project6GR wheels on my GT Premium for a year and a half and absolutely love them.

Are you getting even tire wear? Do either of the front wheels have any play in the steering or wheel bearings? Are the wheels balanced properly?

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Any help is appreciated!
If you still have your original rims, try swapping back to them one axle at a time - that'll narrow it down to front or rear at least.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
there is a chance one wheel might be out of round

Swap on the oem wheels to be sure itā€™s not the car. If the problem goes away with the oem wheel then itā€™s time to trouble shoot the other setup.

if you want dm me and I will walk you through what to do

Sponsored

OP
OP

angels2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
2016 voodoo, 2015 gtr
thanks everyone. I do not have my originals anymore. Kicking myself for selling them right away.

Byronj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
Ill say it The project 6GR rims should not be on a GT350. Barrel clearance is crap and they rims are not that great. Sell them to a GT owner and buy fro a reputable vendor. Sorry Project 6GR but you guys put shitty rims n my car so I have nothing good to say about you

OP
OP

angels2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
2016 voodoo, 2015 gtr
Ill say it The project 6GR rims should not be on a GT350. Barrel clearance is crap and they rims are not that great. Sell them to a GT owner and buy fro a reputable vendor. Sorry Project 6GR but you guys put shitty rims n my car so I have nothing good to say about you
Im actually thinking about this. Might go signature or the r rims. Im talking to project 6gr right now. Let's see what happens. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of problems did you have with your set?

Byronj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
Im actually thinking about this. Might go signature or the r rims. Im talking to project 6gr right now. Let's see what happens. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of problems did you have with your set?
The clearance between the caliper and rim barrel is maybe 2.5 mm. Rocks get stuck in between and whatever else your rims suck in will get stuck and scratch and / or scar the rim and caliper and piss you off every time you see it. I sold my rims for way cheap just to get them out of my garage. Even the person that pushes the rims was told by many people, DO NOT promote these rims for the GT350 itā€™s bad for youR business , but that person doesnā€™t care about that.

I have my rim of preference but Iā€™m not here to promote anyone, you can DM me about that offline

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
The clearance between the caliper and rim barrel is maybe 2.5 mm. Rocks get stuck in between and whatever else your rims suck in will get stuck and scratch and / or scar the rim and caliper and piss you off every time you see it. I sold my rims for way cheap just to get them out of my garage. Even the person that pushes the rims was told by many people, DO NOT promote these rims for the GT350 itā€™s bad for youR business , but that person doesnā€™t care about that.

I have my rim of preference but Iā€™m not here to promote anyone, you can DM me about that offline
...err... and so is with the stock rims, AND with the carbon fiber rims on the GT350R...

Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT

Interesting, so what would you recommend as a comparison and why?

What you're highlighting is generally true for any rim that does not provide enough clearance with the hub, rotor and caliper combination by which one would want to mount the rim to. Putting the opinion of quality aside (because I think we disagree) - what makes Project6GR wheels so much worse than any other rim that isn't correct for the vehicle, and what do you mean by "shitty"?

Jimgolf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Porsche 911E Targa
DONā€™T BUY Project6GR WHEELS!!!

I have had a similar problem with my Project6GR wheels on my ā€˜18 GT350R. The CR wheels were taken off at 200 miles and stored. The Project6GR ā€œR specā€ wheels have less than 2k miles and when I took the car over 80 mph for the 1st time I got a bad wobble. Had the wheels checked and all of them are slightly bent and rears are showing rub marks. Project6GR will not warranty them so Iā€™m going to try and see if they can be straightened and give to a friend or drop the off at Project6GR in Burbank with ā€junk for freeā€ sign on them.

Now Iā€™m researching for a better option with the same look as the original CF wheels or just buy a 2nd set of CF wheels for the street.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The P6GR wheels never really interested me for some reason. Yes the VIBE replica wheels are the best in the sense that you can run the OEM R lugs, have good caliper clearance, and are forged. But they also cost a pretty penny.

I've been super happy with my replica SVE R350's and MRR M600's. Price-wise, absolutely unbeatable...

front05.jpg
front06.jpg
rear01.jpg
side04.jpg
IMG_8081ed.jpg
IMG_8092ed.jpg
IMG_8100ed.jpg