Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 CONFIRMED in Leaked Ford Document!!!

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Why the Boss 351 receives no love from the '71 model year, I still don't know. But not only is it just a tick behind the nose heavy 429 big block in straight line, but it is a more balanced package that give handling in a big car. As to the '03/'03 Mach 1, it too give better balance handling than the blown iron block nose-heavy Cobra from the same years, even with the latters IRS. The Machs additional bracing as well as aluminum block gives it excellent handling characteristics that those who've never driven one (most of you I suspect at this point) made it a perfect track car for the time. The engineer behind the car road raced a Mach 1 for years, even with one of the infamous suspect ticking motor from early production. If you only look at the 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers in magazines while bench racing then you're missing out on some wonderful drives. When you figure handling, things get even more interesting. "Performance" can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. You have to decide what it means to you.
Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
The GT in '69 was short of 'goodies', that's what doomed it in light of the Mach 1s introduction. Pop open gas cap (Those are high dollar pieces now), competition suspension, rocker stripes, styled steel wheels, hood pins, hood scoop atop a V-8 of 351 cid or larger. No special interior upgrade, dual racing mirrors, hood blackout or sound deadening that the Mach 1 came standard with.
Well then that makes the original tape and stripe comment even worse, doesn't it lol
Also agree that the Boss351 was also not appreciated for what it was...a Cleveland headed small block. For a while I had a 377 Clevor in my 69. Ported 351C 2V heads on a 351W block and stroked some.

Last edited:

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Never was one before, Mach 1 was always fixed roof.
I think ford has reached almost rthe maxium usable HP for the convertible GT. That s may be why we don t have shelby convertible since 2015

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Whilst that's possible, we know the Mach 1 is coming, so I think it's unlikely we're being pranked :like:
The New York International Auto Show, which would have had press days next week, has been moved tentatively to August. Probably gonna be cancelled since Jacob Javits Center where it is held has been converted to a field hospital during the COVID-19 pandemic. The North American International Auto Show in Detroit would have been in June, but was cancelled a few days ago when it was announced that the TCF Center is also being converted to a COVID-19 field hospital.

So, Ford has lost two premiere opportunities to unveil the Mach 1. This could be their way of leaning into a special review outside of the auto show circuit.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The New York International Auto Show, which would have had press days next week, has been moved tentatively to August. Probably gonna be cancelled since Jacob Javits Center where it is held has been converted to a field hospital during the COVID-19 pandemic. The North American International Auto Show in Detroit would have been in June, but was cancelled a few days ago when it was announced that the TCF Center is also being converted to a COVID-19 field hospital.

So, Ford has lost two premiere opportunities to unveil the Mach 1. This could be their way of leaning into a special review outside of the auto show circuit.
Yeah, we seem to be losing all the shows this year which is a great shame. However, I half expected Ford to release the Mach 1 the same way they did the Ecoboost High Performance Pack last year. A stand-alone event with limit press invited at a small location. They did this on April 17th last year, and followed it up with press drives in San Francisco later in the year. Depending on how long the lockdown continues, I guess they could do something similar later in the year. Personally, I'd be happy with an online reveal, followed by press drives when things return to "normal".

I assume this event was earlier in the year and embargoed until 17th April when these images were released along with the specs.

Then the press drives happened in September
EB HPP.jpg
EB HPP 2.jpg

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Yeah, we seem to be losing all the shows this year which is a great shame. However, I half expected Ford to release the Mach 1 the same way they did the Ecoboost High Performance Pack last year. A stand-alone event with limit press invited at a small location. They did this on April 17th last year, and followed it up with press drives in San Francisco later in the year. Depending on how long the lockdown continues, I guess they could do something similar later in the year. Personally, I'd be happy with an online reveal, followed by press drives when things return to "normal".

I assume this event was earlier in the year and embargoed until 17th April when these images were released along with the specs.

Then the press drives happened in September
EB HPP.jpg
EB HPP 2.jpg
Yes, that is how they did that one. But then they immediately showcased it at Mustang Day during the NYIAS Press Days April 17-18th. And GT500 was revealed at NAIAS. These are my photos from attending both events.
CED23AFD-C2FE-4E0D-A1E2-14EB9CF36EAB.jpeg
DBC9C8ED-1E44-498C-9678-26E417CD5E5B.jpeg

16FB66CD-E14F-42FC-BB3C-8AA3AC8FBBFA.jpeg
043181B0-4DDE-4DDC-A79F-8DE6C6D54C98.jpeg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would trade in my PP2 if the Mach 1 has the Tremec, the drive train and cooling from the GT350 along with the PP2 bits and the Bullitt engine mods. I know it would be basically a GT350....I had planned on getting a 350 in a couple years, but that seems unlikely now. So if they make the Mach 1 close to what I mentioned and not too over the top aesthetics, count me in.
I agree that would be really great. Even better if it got the brakes as well from the GT350. That would be an awesome package and it might be enough to get me to buy another new Mustang.

Nothing I have seen excites me about the proposed Mach 1. The 1971 429 SCJ Mach 1 was the top performance Mustang from Ford in 1971. If the Mach 1 is not the top performance Mustang for 2021 , I am not interested.
I always preferred the Boss 351 over the big block Mach. The 351 was an awesome engine in my opinion.

Because one of them (Mach 1) will likely be a hybrid, but they don’t want to give that away yet.
UGGGGHHHH!!! PLEASE, please, please Ford do not make the Mach 1 a hybrid. If it is, I have zero interest. Time for a 4,000 lb Mustang? Not for me.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I agree that would be really great. Even better if it got the brakes as well from the GT350. That would be an awesome package and it might be enough to get me to buy another new Mustang.

I always preferred the Boss 351 over the big block Mach. The 351 was an awesome engine in my opinion.

UGGGGHHHH!!! PLEASE, please, please Ford do not make the Mach 1 a hybrid. If it is, I have zero interest. Time for a 4,000 lb Mustang? Not for me.
Ha, you're a year late with your 4k lbs Mustang (GT500, anyone?). A hybrid Mustang doesn't interest me as well. A hotter Gen 4 Coyote with 525+ hp interests me. If it is that engine plus an appearance package, A10, PP1/PP2 chassis parts, Magneride standard, with GT350 aero, and a unique hood (shaker style not my favorite), I'd be very interested. Like I said earlier, I'd prefer staggered tire setup, with 265/35R20 in front and 285/35/R20 MPS4S out back over 305s Cup 2s all around.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Wel, I'm probably in the minority, but I wouldn't mind some sort of Hybrid. Cost would be a big factor though. If Ford could keep the cost between a PP2 and GT350, I'd be all over it.

Combine the big torque possibilities of the electric and the high revving motor, where do I sign?!

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
I hope the option exists for the supposed Tremec manual trans as stated in the CJ pony parts video.
I never really discussed that with the Ford Performance guy, but I tend to doubt that, as it wouldn't streamline with the Mustang GT driveline. I can't see the 2021 Mach 1 being that unique that it gets a different tranny. The GT350 is its own vehicle apart from the Mustang GT.
It'll probably come with the Getrag, but a Tremec would be a huge plus for the Mach 1.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
A V8 paired with an electric motor that offers better performance than the current GT while getting 30+ mpg is not a bad thing and worth some extra lbs IMO

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So based on engine codes the GT & Bullitt are considered to be the same. The 5.2 is history as it will only ever be in a Shelby. The "J" code is the GT500. That leaves the "0" code. That should be the Mach 1 motor. So exactly what it is? Speculating is fun, isn't it?

07703848960_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=ZjQ_Dm_yzmkAX__9x1l&_nc_ht=scontent.fhyw1-1.jpg
The chart is WRONG. The Bullitt engine is "0" code, not the same code as the GT. It IS the same code as listed as the upcoming Mach 1. Look at the VIN on any Bullitt. It's a "0", not an "F":

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I expect that the Mach 1 would have shown up at NY, since that's where the last one premiered. I've spoken with someone connected to the Ford Performance and they're in a quandry right now as to how and where to unveil it.
Sponsored