Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 CONFIRMED in Leaked Ford Document!!!

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
All I'm going to say is, the last Mach 1 had the previous Gen Cobra Motor (DOHC), where the same gen Bullitt had a slightly tuned GT Motor with better intake. The Cobra of that Gen had a DOHC Motor Supercharged with lower compression. (To handle the supercharger.)

So basically, this could be fake news, and I wouldn't be surprised, and actually excited, if the Mach 1 received a FPC 5.2 with a shaker...
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
All I'm going to say is, the last Mach 1 had the previous Gen Cobra Motor (DOHC), where the same gen Bullitt had a slightly tuned GT Motor with better intake. The Cobra of that Gen had a DOHC Motor Supercharged with lower compression. (To handle the supercharger.)

So basically, this could be fake news, and I wouldn't be surprised, and actually excited, if the Mach 1 received a FPC 5.2 with a shaker...
There are 2 5.0 listed And rumors have been the Mach1 will be the Bullitts version of the 5.0 (350 intake system) and GT350 transmission. So this lines up with that.

So far all rumors that the Mach1 will be a PPL2 Bullitt with GT350 transmission seems to be lining up.

There is a chance at tweaked heads/cams/tune. But it definitely seems to still be a 5.0

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Just to clarify, while the 69 Mach1 started out as an appearance package, it could have all the goodies of a GT. So much so that there were very few 69 and 70 GTs compared to the Mach1s in terms of production numbers. So it's kind of misleading to refer to it as just a tape and stripes package...which is redundant anyway, lol

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
So, I've been reading these posts and there are several misconceptions about the Bullitt. "hideous green paint" that is opinion.

The Bullitt has always been a special car with it's own unique stuff: Color, engine, etc. The '19 Bullitt has the GT350 intake manifold and larger throttle body. Different tune, cold air intake and PP1 stuff. It's own grille, etc.
Your right the hideous green paint comment is opinion, but thinking a 3 gen bullitt is something special, you are mistaken. Once you get past the few exclusive parts that is has, paint, wheels, grill, bullitt badge on decklid panel, it's just a loaded PP1 with a manual. The intake/throttle body combo is just a stage 3 power pack. Even the bullitt logo on the gauge cluster is just a forscan update away.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I would suggest it's down to our limited choice. We don't get any of the Shelby models or Performance Pack 2, so instead Ford is going to milk it in the UK etc with superficial upgrades/ colour schemes etc. It doesn't make so much sense in the US to buy a Bullitt, when for say $12k (less than ÂŁ10k) more you can have a proper performance car with a GT350.
12K is a LOT of money. I could have bought either car, but I just liked the Bullitts design better and I'll rarely do much track work. So I decided to save the 12k, and put that into some mods. After I'm done I should be able to out power a GT350 and out handle a PP2. While still having spare funds in my bank.

Current rumors are the Mach1 will just be a tweaked(how tweaked is yet to be seen, unsure if its just the Bullitt intake system, or also GT500 heads) 5.0 with PP2 handling package. So I'm nearly just building my own take on what that will be.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Your right the hideous green paint comment is opinion, but thinking a 3 gen bullitt is something special, you are mistaken. Once you get past the few exclusive parts that is has, paint, wheels, grill, bullitt badge on decklid panel, it's just a loaded PP1 with a manual. The intake/throttle body combo is just a stage 3 power pack. Even the bullitt logo on the gauge cluster is just a forscan update away.
A car, any car is more than just the sum of its parts. Honestly your logic could apply to any special edition. The Bullitt is special because it is a Bullitt. The car has no meaning for you and that's OK. But to minimize it like you did is a slap in the face to all Bullitt owners.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
True but the Bullitt is undeniably cool. Just like the Mach 1.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
There are 2 5.0 listed And rumors have been the Mach1 will be the Bullitts version of the 5.0 (350 intake system) and GT350 transmission. So this lines up with that.

So far all rumors that the Mach1 will be a PPL2 Bullitt with GT350 transmission seems to be lining up.

There is a chance at tweaked heads/cams/tune. But it definitely seems to still be a 5.0
So based on engine codes the GT & Bullitt are considered to be the same. The 5.2 is history as it will only ever be in a Shelby. The "J" code is the GT500. That leaves the "0" code. That should be the Mach 1 motor. So exactly what it is? Speculating is fun, isn't it?

07703848960_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=ZjQ_Dm_yzmkAX__9x1l&_nc_ht=scontent.fhyw1-1.jpg

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A dealer near me had a loaded out one for $7,500 off MSRP a few weeks ago. If I hadn't found the GT350R that I purchased, I would have absolutely bought it. For nothing else, the Recaro's with Green Stitching. They look AMAZING!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
A dealer near me had a loaded out one for $7,500 off MSRP a few weeks ago. If I hadn't found the GT350R that I purchased, I would have absolutely bought it. For nothing else, the Recaro's with Green Stitching. They look AMAZING!
Considering your sizable stable, why not both? :giggle:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
A car, any car is more than just the sum of its parts. Honestly your logic could apply to any special edition. The Bullitt is special because it is a Bullitt.
only in the mind of Ford Marketing and those who drink the kool-aid.
The car has no meaning for you and that's OK. But to minimize it like you did is a slap in the face to all Bullitt owners.
Bullitt owners need to grow a thicker skin then. If the Mach1 is just a sticker package (just like the Cali special is no more special than a Bullitt) is it going to be impermissible to point that out?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
A gentle reminder of just one of the forum rules:

3. Inter Model Bashing — The forum will not tolerate any bashing of another member's choice of vehicle, options/equipment, modifications, stock vs. non stock etc. Respect for all models and model years (EcoBoost, V6, GT, GT350, 2015-17, 2018+, etc) is expected of all members. Posting in a thread or section related to a specific trim/model/model year vehicle for the sole purpose of bashing the vehicle will not be tolerated on the forums.

RESPONSE: Deletion of the item and PM sent to the poster, warning that if the behavior continues their account will be suspended, removed or all of their posts will require the review and approval of the Moderators before posting.

Thank you

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
12K is a LOT of money. I could have bought either car, but I just liked the Bullitts design better and I'll rarely do much track work. So I decided to save the 12k, and put that into some mods. After I'm done I should be able to out power a GT350 and out handle a PP2. While still having spare funds in my bank.
Yes of course there will always be exceptions and yes $12k is a lot of money. But if you can afford it then the GT350 offers so much more for $12k, plus for me the design of the 350 is significantly better. Anyway, my original point was to give a possible reason why the Bullitt is more popular in the UK than in the US i.e. our limited choice this side of the pond. Let's not get side tracked and keep with the topic of the Mach 1.
I'm hoping I'm going to be proved wrong on the Mach 1 and it turns out to be a desirable piece of kit, not just a paint job.

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Considering your sizable stable, why not both? :giggle:
One of my guys asked me today if I was planning on getting a GT500. I thought for a second and said, honestly, I would need to build something to start putting them in if I did that and that may be a bit too crazy!
Sponsored