Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 CONFIRMED in Leaked Ford Document!!!

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Mach 1 is going to be stupid just like the bullit is. just a normal mustang with lipstick 10k more expensive.

And people will buy it. lol
Do you forget this beast of a new mustang that was spotted earlier this year?? Having 2018 Headlights with the front end styling reminiscent of the GT350?? I'll bet my ass this is the Mach 1 being tested with a modified Bullitt Engine under the hood.
2021-new-bullitt-mustang-refresh-2-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be back then :D

Nice! It can only be a matter of weeks before the official announcement on MY2021 and the Mach1. Damn I really hope they will offer the Mach1 in Europe too

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Looking for a possible replacement for my 17 GT. If this has the 10-speed and not just cosmetic goodies, I'm in. If it ends up being another Bullitt, I'll likely just boost my 17 instead.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It’ll have more of the 350 aero package. For those concerned, it WILL not be solely a body packaged with a couple tweaks like the Bullitt. The company kept true to the homemeage of the 68’. Like it’s replicas before of 01,08,09.... debadge GT with slightly more aggressive suspension and different wheels & calipers. It was cool throughout every generation they did. And it will not be the last. As I’ve alluded in some of my posts, the Mach 1 will be a beefed up NA engine putting out slightly more than 2020 gt350. The suspension will differ from previous models as the aim is to have a truer muscle car in the middle for enthusiasts. Your eco is for testing the waters, the GT is a sports car now, and the 500 is you’re high performance monster. The GT350 has outlived it’s purpose but with the virus, it’s messed up a few of the launch plans and announcements moving forth.
So many things wrong in this post I'm not sure where to start. I will try to be kind and overlook some of the really bad stuff.

1. Mach 1 started in '69 (note that the ' goes before the numbers to signify that I am leaving out the 1 and the 9 rather than after the numbers).
2. Mach 1 was originally a stickers and stripes package. If you wanted performance you had to pay extra for that. It did come standard with a V8, but not the top V8 or even a good one. And it came standard with an automatic. At that time - junk - all show no go.
3. I'll be surprised if the power difference is much more than that of Bullitt vs. GT., but I hope this is one you actually have correct. I doubt you are though based on all the other stuff that is incorrect in your post.
4. Last but actually most important, the GT350 will not outlive its purpose any time soon unless someone builds a better version. The GT350 is amazing. Actually, even if someone does someday build a better version, the GT350 will continue to be great.

Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
So many things wrong in this post I'm not sure where to start. I will try to be kind and overlook some of the really bad stuff.

1. Mach 1 started in '69 (note that the ' goes before the numbers to signify that I am leaving out the 1 and the 9 rather than after the numbers).
2. Mach 1 was originally a stickers and stripes package. If you wanted performance you had to pay extra for that. It did come standard with a V8, but not the top V8 or even a good one. And it came standard with an automatic. At that time - junk - all show no go.
3. I'll be surprised if the power difference is much more than that of Bullitt vs. GT., but I hope this is one you actually have correct. I doubt you are though based on all the other stuff that is incorrect in your post.
4. Last but actually most important, the GT350 will not outlive its purpose any time soon unless someone builds a better version. The GT350 is amazing. Actually, even if someone does someday build a better version, the GT350 will continue to be great.
@Hack Re-read what I wrote. If you’re gonna be calling someone out. Make sure you’re correct in doing so first.

1) I said the 68. I didn’t think I had to spell our fast back when I was referencing all the bullitts. Not Mach 1.
2) I never mentioned the original Mach 1 or what occurred back in the original. I’m telling you what the marketing team at ford thinks of the upcoming rendering of the Mach 1.
3) From what I’m told their playing around with some options. It won’t be as road race capable as the 350 is nor as aggressive.
4) I never said it was bad or inferior. It still has a threshold within the racing and enthusiast community. But Ford is moving on. (Personally I’m sad by it, feelings aside). Their Putting the 500 in flagship spot which for the last 5 years was held by the 350. That’s no slide against the 350 nor should it be took that way.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
This looks as though it's just going to be another gimmicky Bullitt or 50 year anniversary edition or 55 year anniversary edition zzzzzzzzzzz.
No more silly paint schemes, silly auto boxes, digital dashes etc etc. Just give us the GT350 in the UK Ford!

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I just hope this isn't an April Fools joke.
If the Mach 1 is really going to happen, then I really want to see the specs on it.
If a Mach 1 is a PP2 with a Bullitt engine and an A10, well, it won't make me trade my 19 PP2, but it will make me regret not waiting.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
@Hack Re-read what I wrote. If you’re gonna be calling someone out. Make sure you’re correct in doing so first.

1) I said the 68. I didn’t think I had to spell our fast back when I was referencing all the bullitts. Not Mach 1.
2) I never mentioned the original Mach 1 or what occurred back in the original. I’m telling you what the marketing team at ford thinks of the upcoming rendering of the Mach 1.
3) From what I’m told their playing around with some options. It won’t be as road race capable as the 350 is nor as aggressive.
4) I never said it was bad or inferior. It still has a threshold within the racing and enthusiast community. But Ford is moving on. (Personally I’m sad by it, feelings aside). Their Putting the 500 in flagship spot which for the last 5 years was held by the 350. That’s no slide against the 350 nor should it be took that way.
I must have misinterpretted your post. By the way, Ford didn't make a Bullitt in 1968. So I think you should be able to understand my confusion.

I will love it if the Mach 1 makes good NA power (meaning at least 50 more hp than the base GT) - or if it has a boosted V8 also great. If it's intended to be more of a street/drag car hopefully it won't have a lot of superfluous aero on it.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
I must have misinterpretted your post. By the way, Ford didn't make a Bullitt in 1968. So I think you should be able to understand my confusion.

I will love it if the Mach 1 makes good NA power (meaning at least 50 more hp than the base GT) - or if it has a boosted V8 also great. If it's intended to be more of a street/drag car hopefully it won't have a lot of superfluous aero on it.
I was referring to the 68’ fastback again. I know It was a standardized unit which they stripped badging and adding reinforcements / components to for the movie. Looks wise speaking, wasn’t anything one couldn’t copy though :)

it’s all good @Hack. I needed to set the record straight. It’s a NA but it’s on another ford floor of how much they’re playing around with parts and accessories as to what the output is. Ford wants to make sure it’s right for the consumer. As I stated, the aero isn’t the same as the 350 but they took some pieces/hints from it, incorporating into the Mach 1. Emission isn’t a big problem, slightly annoying but it’s the reason why the Mach E is being produced as well as to be announced other hybrid motors to stay within government regulations so consumers can have their high preference units with power to boot.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
530hp out of the 5.0.... na? Not a chance
I agree it's a little optimistic for a factory engine having to meet emissions, but I was going based on what that other post said, where it would make more power than a GT350. That said, 530 crank hp is easy to do for aftermarket. From the factory, though, it would require starting w/ the Bullitt engine (480 hp), adding slightly higher flowing heads, a bit more aggressive camshaft, revised tuning, and updated exhaust headers. Not sure if they could still meet emissions targets, but that would be one heck of an engine!

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Shelby =/= Mach 1

Shelby GT350 - track focused turned into a blvd cruiser
Mach 1 - tape and stripes packaged meant to make a little more $$ over the GT package, eventually replaced it as the 'touring' package.

I remember in 2003 they tried to position the first Mach 1 tribute as a 'handler' , giving it upgraded shocks struts and some other bits over the GT, also the n/a version of the 4.6L 4V ... but still served a purpose, better than a GT but still below a Cobra

Another Boss 302 (which was offered at the same time with Mach 1 back then) would be a truer successor for something like a GT350
Sponsored