2018 Royal Crimson F1A94 Procharged, TH400 Drag Project

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I'm sure it'll be fine. But fixed arms with delrin will be tighter than anything. The adjustables have urethane bushings which will be ok, but not as great. I'm sure it'll launch fine.

Should have the exhaust done by this time next week. Then I'll drop in some e85r and put on the drag wheels and tires to start tuning pulls. Also want to test the chute on the street :flag:
Sounds like fun! I plan to drop the laundry on the street soon as well! Then repack it and drop it again to make sure I packed it right! LOL
Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Dropped the car off to get the window net finished and some hangers welded in to hang the shortened exhaust. Should see it back in a couple days. Then tuning starts...I hope.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Exhaust shots:

dumpexhaust5.jpg
dumpexhaust4.jpg
dumpexhaust3.jpg
dumpexhaust2.jpg
dumpexhaust1.jpg
dumpexhaust.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Picked the car up. The work is amazing and the exhaust is exactly what I was looking for.

Had the bottom of the window net burned into the cage vs straps:

windownetcomplete2.jpg
windownetcomplete1.jpg
windownetcomplete.jpg

Painted the window net pieces:

paintwindownet.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
..and to think I was going to make some hits today

87059763200_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=OH2fPKmayrcAX_zPjkt&_nc_ht=scontent.ffcm1-2.jpg

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
What are those mufflers/resonators? They seem a little bigger than most. Do they knock the volume down decently, or just take away the awful tractor sound, and it seems quieter than open headers since it's behind you now?

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
such a great read and post! thanks for taking the time to put this post together! is it spring yet? haha :rockon:
Thanks for investing the time and for chiming in!! I was able to get some time with the car just now. I cleaned the inside of the windows, they had a lot of grime from the interior work. Got the car vacuumed up. Buttoned up the window net and got some shots. ...and finally threw on the rear drag wheels and made a WOT hit. File has been sent to Rob. F1a94 tuning is underway! I have no shame in saying that some of the attempted pulls resulted in steering wheel thrashing, and I am pretty afraid to have the car on the street under WOT conditions. Someone build a 1/4 mile track near me?

First, a cold start. @Jay-rod427 it sounds raspy right at first start and then it calms down. Gets a very deep rumble at the low to mid rpm, normal driving (even on highway). Under WOT it screams like open headers. They are SLP loudmouth II mufflers. I'm happy with them:

windownetcomplete3.jpg
interiorcomplete.jpg
hit.jpg

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Nice!. Sounds good via video. Good choice going with a slightly more substantial "muffler". Have to look into those for one of our "street" class cars. All the other "race" mufflers and such don't really do much.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Ok crazy turn of events for the day.

After emailing the log to Rob (and posting the above post), I pulled it up myself to review in HP tuners scanner. I shit all of the bricks. Now before i go any further, if you have an ngauge and you have it showing 4-6 pids at the same time, it's fairly difficult to discern what you're seeing in real time. You could have spent a bunch of time setting up the alerts and lights to help, but I didn't. So with that said, feel free to judge me. I took the car out and at 60 mph I punched it. The car was a complete handful. I was more worried about keeping the car straight vs watching the nearly unreadable ngauge. It wasn't until I reviewed the log in scanner that I saw what the hell happened.

Here's what I found:
  • 7,900rpm+ shift points
  • 21 degrees of timing
  • 0 knock
  • 32.761 psi of boost
  • 1.00 lambda
OH HELLL.

Rob got on the text machine with me and we went back and forth getting thru the data. I pulled the plugs, dry and not burnt up. I checked the oil, clean, no bubbles, no debris. I completed compression test, 8% from high to low, all above 220. I swapped in new gapped plugs and have no signs to be concerned with. I got so lucky. I live to fight another day.

So.. please take the time to set alerts. Use only 1 pid like lambda or psi when you're going for your first hit on a new setup on your ngauge so you can actually read the damn thing. Add additional gauges, just do something!

The car was fast. No fricking wonder why.

Here's the plan:
  • Selling the dual pump fuel setup
  • Going to a triple pump fuel setup
  • Selling the DW 95lb injectors
  • Going to a MUCH LARGER injector, size forthcoming
  • Removing the 4.5" pulley
  • Going to a FRISBEE sized pulley
  • I am not likely going to go to a wastegated setup
  • Tactically plan for the built long block and built trans - please throw change at me when you see me working the corners.
I think the One Ethanol e85r saved my ass. I have 100% only that fuel in the tank, no pump e85. I drained it before putting in the e85r.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Just wow man, f1a94 putting out some serious air!!! What pulley will you select? 5.0?

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Just wow man, f1a94 putting out some serious air!!! What pulley will you select? 5.0?
I think a 5" with a 4500rpm redline oughtta do it.

Last edited: