Sponsored

Is the Bullitt’s resonator different than the GT’s

2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Does anyone know if the resonator on the Bullit is different than the one on the GT?

if so, what is the difference.. sound horsepower?
Sponsored

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, same ole resonator. The Bullitt has the active system that many other GT's have.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, same ole resonator. The Bullitt has the active system that many other GT's have.
It's actually a different muffler from the GT active, tuned for a slightly different sound.

OP
OP

2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah I thought I saw an article where they said they tweaked the exhaust/resonator for more hp. Not sure I dreamed that or not.

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It's actually a different muffler from the GT active, tuned for a slightly different sound.
The different intake and GT350 parts give it a slightly different sound with slightly more volume and burble. The mufflers and physical exhaust system are the same as the GT's from parts numbers, visual inspection, and press releases. This is the same as the Bullitt's brakes; exact same PP 6 Piston's, just colored red.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The different intake and GT350 parts give it a slightly different sound with slightly more volume and burble. The mufflers and physical exhaust system are the same as the GT's from parts numbers, visual inspection, and press releases. This is the same as the Bullitt's brakes; exact same PP 6 Piston's, just colored red.
It seems you're correct. I recall there being several mentions of being a unique exhaust tune for the Bullitt but I'm having trouble finding sources.

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It seems you're correct. I recall there being several mentions of being a unique exhaust tune for the Bullitt but I'm having trouble finding sources.
Yeah, there is a more unique sound to the Bullitt but it all has to do with those intake pieces. It has shorter runners from the GT350 and that big open intake, as well as a unique tune on the car for the extra hp and parts. All that together adds a nice amount of burble and some exhaust crackles, as well as higher rpm raspiness that the GT has less of.
Sponsored