Stock 2016 Mustang GT front splitter issue

Gtracing2626

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Hey everyone, I have a stock 2016 mustang gt front splitter, the car is the non performance pack. A few months ago I had a repair done that required removing the front bumper. I assume that they removed the front splitter in the process. Just recently I noticed that the front splitter seems a bit loose towards the middle. After inspection I noticed that 6 holes under the middle of the splitter connecting to the bumper have no screws, push pins, or anything that would hold it in place. However, there are a total of 6 screws 3 on each far side of the splitter (3 on the right near the wheel and 3 on the left near the left wheel) holding it in place. Below I've posted pictures of 2 of the 6 holes with no pins and another photograph showing all 6 holes next to each other which have nothing inside. I'm wondering if there are suppose to be screws or push pins in these spots. I've tried finding diagrams online but all I can find is pictures and forums discussing the performance pack splitter. If I'm missing something such as a pin which I believe I am, does anyone know the part number for all 6 spots. I asked a local Ford parts department and they had no idea what I was talking about. They kept giving me part numbers for the air dam, underbelly, and the bumper itself, none of which included any type of screw or pin for attachment.
IMG_8137.jpg
IMG_8138.jpg
IMG_8139.jpg
IMG_8140.jpg
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I think you're missing retainers. Who works on your car?

OP
OP
Gtracing2626

Gtracing2626

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I think you're missing retainers. Who works on your car?
Since my extended warranty came with 8 “free” oil changes and tire rotations when I bought the car I have Coggin Ford of Jacksonville do most of my work. However, I’ve just used my last set of oil changes and tire rotation so from here out it will be me performing maintenance and easy bolt on mods. When I had the work done that required the bumper to come off this was at Coggin. They also replaced a rear view camera for me and now my trunk light flickers when the trunk is opened at a certain angle. My guess is theres a bad connection and when the wire harness is bent the light doesn’t receive power. From here out I’m going to use Duval Ford if I have to go to a dealership. Otherwise if any of you guys have a suggestion for a reliable, affordable, trustworthy shop located near Jacksonville Florida I’d rather give them a try. If anyone can figure out or help me find the part number for these retainers I would really appreciate it. I’d imagine it’s a simple fix as soon as I can get the parts.
Sponsored